Pier to Airport Copenhagen

ferryboy

We have just received our tickets for our 31st Aug cruise and we see that our pick up time at the pier is 12.40 (Not Royal Carribbean transfer)this will probably mean about a 3 to 3.5 hour wait in the port. We would rather spend this time in the airport having a meal etc. Does anyone know of other transfer options. Thanks

Hi, if yoou are comfortable with a short walk you can get th train, we've done it twice, you just get off the ship and follow the blue line to the train stop, it's a simple change at the central station for the train that goes straight to the airport.

We have just received our tickets for our 31st Aug cruise and we see that our pick up time at the pier is 12.40 (Not Royal Carribbean transfer)this will probably mean about a 3 to 3.5 hour wait in the port. We would rather spend this time in the airport having a meal etc. Does anyone know of other transfer options. Thanks

We did a cruise on Vision this past June. Check-in was done quickly and efficiently. Just remember that your cruise departs at 5:00 meaning you must be checked in and on board by 3:30.

Just came from the port to the Copenhagen airport. Had an 11:30 flight. Left the ship at 7:45. Got to the airport at 8:15 with no one at the Delta counter until 8:30. Had to stand around in the lobby with nothing to do. Not sure how early your airline will be there. May want to check before deciding the timing you are looking for.

Just came back. We took the taxi for 4 of us and it cost 360 DKK ($67) from the airport to the cruise port. We had 4 mid size luggage and there is no problem to fit into the trunk. They take credit card and the taxi is by the meter. It took about half an hour. Partial highway and partial local traffic.

We just got off Vision at Copenhagen. The airport is easy to reach from the port. Walk the short distance to the railway following a blue line. Buy a ticket for 3 zones from the machine (around 40K) Change at the first stop Osterpoort and you can get the airport express from there. It takes about 20 mins. The stations have lifts to the platform and the train is level with the platform. there are flip down seats so you can put your luggage next to you. Clean and efficient like all of Denmark.

• 1 month later...

Please be advised that the new cruise terminal will open next year and if your ship is docked there you won't be able to walk to Nordhavn station.

I hope that a shuttle bus or bus 26 will be in operation in the weekends and public holidays.

On a regular weekday bus 26 will take you to Østerport station 2 times per hour from the UNICEF bus stop.

• 5 months later...

No its a 40 minute walk to Nordhavn Station and since you are in port on a Sunday there will be no public busses.

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/Oceankaj/@55.7138256,12.6196867,897m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x465252b848542021:0x5125d6ae3b01baee

There are 2 options as I see it.

1) wait to see if the port arrange for a shuttle bus to Nordhavn or Østerport (keep an eye for the Copenhagen thread)

2) Take the taxi to Østerport and save a few 100 DKK by taking the train directly to the airport from there.

The price is 36 DKK and a taxi to Østerport around 100-150 kroner.

A taxi to the airport is almost 400 DKK.

The train to the airport runs all night but service starts to be more frequent from around 06:00.

Edited by Danish viking

Have been reading all the posts and they've been quite informative.....just making sure though: We are on the Norwegian Star which docks at Copenhagen at 7.00 am. I'm planning to book a (international) flight leaving at 11.30 am. Judging from the above posts there seems to be ample time. Any chance though of there being delays in the ship docking on time or delays in disembarkation?

I'm sensing that if we took a taxi (there's 4-5 people) it would be quicker and around the same cost as taking a taxi to the station and catching a train from there?

Have been reading all the posts and they've been quite informative.....just making sure though: We are on the Norwegian Star which docks at Copenhagen at 7.00 am. I'm planning to book a (international) flight leaving at 11.30 am. Judging from the above posts there seems to be ample time. Any chance though of there being delays in the ship docking on time or delays in disembarkation?

I'm sensing that if we took a taxi (there's 4-5 people) it would be quicker and around the same cost as taking a taxi to the station and catching a train from there?

Yes with 5 people the price will almost be the same because a single ticket costs 36 kroner and that is around 180 kroner in total.

A taxi to Østerport is around 100-150 kroner and around 400 to the airport.

But if its not a weekend you can take bus 26 to Østerport and then a train to the airport and then you only pay 36 kroner in total per person.

Yes with 5 people the price will almost be the same because a single ticket costs 36 kroner and that is around 180 kroner in total.

A taxi to Østerport is around 100-150 kroner and around 400 to the airport.

But if its not a weekend you can take bus 26 to Østerport and then a train to the airport and then you only pay 36 kroner in total per person.

Do you know approximately how much will the taxi cost be from Oceankaj cruise terminal to Hilton Airport Copenhagen hotel? And how long is the ride?

Thank you.

I clicked on your link, and it is for the Marriott hotel. The hotel I will be staying is the Hilton Airport Copenhagen hotel. Do you know the approximate taxi fare from Oceankaj cruise terminal to that hotel? According to the hotel description, it is a 2 minutes walk from the hotel to terminal #3 of airport. Also, do you know how long is the ride?

Thanks.

Oh sorry, I was sure that it was the Marriott.

But then I would say 400, people last year payed 360 kroner and the new cruise terminal is located further out in the harbour so 400 kroner is most likely the price.

If you type in the Hilton hotel yourself on the map you can see that its a good idea to ask driver to avoid the freeway.

The 2 routes that uses the regular road has a length of around 13-14 kilometers but the freeway/motorway is probably quicker but is around 21 kilometers long.

As the taxi is running on the meter (is that was its called) the distance will affect the price.

Just came from the port to the Copenhagen airport. Had an 11:30 flight. Left the ship at 7:45. Got to the airport at 8:15 with no one at the Delta counter until 8:30. Had to stand around in the lobby with nothing to do. Not sure how early your airline will be there. May want to check before deciding the timing you are looking for.

Hi Mike,

What time did your ship dock? Ours docks at 7 am- Norwegian Star. Can one get off the ship as early as 7:45- that is, just 45 min after docking? We too have a flight to catch.

But then I would say 400, people last year payed 360 kroner and the new cruise terminal is located further out in the harbour so 400 kroner is most likely the price.

If you type in the Hilton hotel yourself on the map you can see that its a good idea to ask driver to avoid the freeway.

The 2 routes that uses the regular road has a length of around 13-14 kilometers but the freeway/motorway is probably quicker but is around 21 kilometers long.

As the taxi is running on the meter (is that was its called) the distance will affect the price.

Thank you.:)

I forgot to ask this question - can we pay with credit card for the taxi (from pier to Hilton airport hotel)? If so, besides the taxi fare, will I have to pay additional for using the credit card? Thanks.