QV P1 Feedback

newtoit

Just booked a P1 on the QV for the first time. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Are there any "better ones" to reserve or try for the guarantee?

Have travelled in the Queens Grill before.

Can anyone confirm that dining in the Princess Grill is also at your leisure not one of the set times/sittings.

Thank you

I had responded to your query about QG on this thread which sets out some ups and downs of PG too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1893012

As mentioned about booking a guarantee, you are very likely to get deck 8 which isn't the best due to overhead noise. As I expected, we've just been allocated a deck 8 P1 for our 30 August sailing on QV, but I do know what I'm letting myself in for. If you are very sensitive to noise, then be wary of booking a guarantee. Deck 7 would be nice and peaceful as you're in good company surrounded by the Q3s and Q4s.

Dining in PG is the same as QG, with no set dining time, just turn up between 6pm and 9pm where your alloted table will be waiting for you.

Thanks Lynnewob very helpful.Great tip re the noise. Although just looked on Cunard site and only showing Deck 8 available. The things we have to suffer on Cunard !!! :-)))

Thanks also for your previous feedback too. Change of plans as we couldn't get a P1or P2 on the QE ...so next best I hope the QV !!

I was on QV for 15 nights in June. We had a P1 on Deck 7 so can't really help about the Deck 8 overhead noise issue but thought you might like to know that it was, probably, the best cruise we have ever done. QV is certainly challenging QM2 for my favourite ship!

We have dined in the Britannia restaurant and Princess and Queens Grill restaurants and found the Princess Grill on this trip was our best experience. The service, food quality and general ambience were faultless - more enjoyable than our last voyage which was Queens Grill on QM2.

Really hope you enjoy QV as much as we did!

Emily - I wholeheartedly agree with your comments. I always come back to QV PG and QG. We have built up a brilliant rapport with Raul Lucas and Phil Grey who work there and it feels like coming home. I prefer the sunbathing deck, grills lounge and restaurants and courtyard dining on the QV/QE.

I really do not like the grills restaurants on the QM2 as we always have a Q6 and end up in a run of tables for 2 which might as well be a long table for 8 behind the waiters station, it's really quite claustrophobic and noisy. We're doing a getaway for 4 nights in December and I really couldn't be bothered paying the price for a Grill suite because the restaurants are so awful and for 4 nights, I can cope with a smaller balcony cabin. I hope it changes my mind about sailing on the QM2 because the restaurants and staff in them have really put me off. It's a shame because I love lots of other things on the QM2.

Newtoit, we sailed in PG on QV in June in a cabin on deck 8 and had no problem at all with noise. Perhaps we were just lucky. The Princess Grill restaurant has a brilliant layout especially if you want a table for 2, much nicer than QG on QM2.

We try to avoid P1 cabins on Deck 8 because on QE we had a noise which sounded like beer barrels being rolled around until 1 am each night. Also I understand from someone in Cunard that the P1's on Deck 7 are a few sq feet larger than those on Deck 8 although this is not apparent in the brochure.

Archived