cost of balcony for solo cruiser

bettina

It would be the same rate per person X2. But you will only have to pay the port charges and taxes for one person.

Not always. I have cruised solo a couple times on Royal Caribbean where I paid closer to 1.5X. It will depend on the sailing. If the ship is below desired capacity, they sometimes lower the solo rate to try and sell cabins, I assume. As mentioned in other replies, do a "pretend" booking on various dates that work for you and see how it prices out.

Not always. I have cruised solo a couple times on Royal Caribbean where I paid closer to 1.5X. It will depend on the sailing. If the ship is below desired capacity, they sometimes lower the solo rate to try and sell cabins, I assume. As mentioned in other replies, do a "pretend" booking on various dates that work for you and see how it prices out.

Well that has been my experience when I have booked solo cabins for my Mom in the past. Guess things change....lol

It would be the same rate per person X2. But you will only have to pay the port charges and taxes for one person.

Well that has been my experience when I have booked solo cabins for my Mom in the past. Guess things change....lol

For the most part I think you are correct in it will be x2 or close to that when you are booking in advance. As it gets closer to the sail date that's when the rates will drop if they are trying to sell cabins.

It depends on the time of year. I've never paid over 1.5 on the EX between after New Years and before President's Day.

You have to be vigilant in monitoring prices of all balcony cabins after you book. I've seen price drops on the day of final payment. Residency rates can be added. The solo supplement can drop. Another balcony category can drop. I never get emotionally attached to my cabin. If another category goes on sale below what you paid and you see a cabin you like, put a hold on it immediately and sort it out with RCL or your TA. I've swapped cabins up to 6 times on a cruise in pursuit of price drops.

Could anybody give me a rough idea of what a balcony cabin is when cruising solo? Thinking about Explorer or Freedom....Thanks for all replies!

Do not forget to check the "C&A Discount Vouchers" for your specific cruise. Also if D the Balcony Discount.

On my last cruise the price dropped one week before and paid around $1100 for solo in an E2 on the Navigator, which was 110%.

There are deals out there you just have to do your homework and find them.

Archived