It was all Greek to me........but I wasn't JADEd!

meltingmoments

hope the clever OP can give you some advice. Seeing the posting is 6 months old, wonder if they are still reading these pages? Good luck and enjoy.

Well I'm an avid reader of these pages but I didn't expect to see my review again after all this time! What a nice surprise and I enjoyed reading all about our adventures again! Happy memories! :) And of course it's always nice to be able to help someone out.

Edited by meltingmoments
Spelling!

What a great review, I really enjoyed it. My DW and I are doing three weeks aboard the Jade in May, and can't wait to have an experience like you describe. I lived on Crete for three years, and crewed aboard a yacht, so Mykonos and Santorini aren't new for me, but my dear wife has never been, and just loved reading your review. Efharisto para poli for posting.

Hey chief. Let me know how you enjoy your med cruise on Jade. My wife and I are looking at doing the b2b out of Venice in 2015.

• 1 month later...

meltingmoments, your review is still being looked at. I am going on Jade next year; and the info you have provided is great; like the NCL shuttle bus in Mykonos, and the beach at the end of the port in Katakolon

I enjoyed reading your review. I am looking at the Jade for a 21-day cruise stopping at some of the same ports. My DH and I have not sailed on NCL but the itinerary for this cruise is amazing so we just might book it. Thanks for the great review!

Thank you for sharing! Teetering between this itinerary or the one with Croatia and Turkey. I've been to Turkey on a land tour. Never to Greece or Croatia.:confused:

You are very welcome! We were like yourselves...teetered between those two cruises. Glad we made the choice we did as the Greek Islands were just gorgeous and the cruise was VERY relaxing! Whichever you choose......enjoy! :)

meltingmoments, your review is still being looked at. I am going on Jade next year; and the info you have provided is great; like the NCL shuttle bus in Mykonos, and the beach at the end of the port in Katakolon

I'm glad my review is still helping people! :)

I hope you have an amazing time on your trip.......the Jade is a fabulous ship.

I enjoyed reading your review. I am looking at the Jade for a 21-day cruise stopping at some of the same ports. My DH and I have not sailed on NCL but the itinerary for this cruise is amazing so we just might book it. Thanks for the great review!

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

21 days on board the Jade? I'm SOOO jealous! Have an amazing time! Come back and tell us all about it, please! :)

Just come across this review, it's great - thank you.

I'm on the Jade for two weeks in July for the 3rd time. Lovely ship, really looking forward to the itinerary.

Thank you for your kind comment. I'm so glad people are still enjoying my review! :)

Have a great time in July when you sail the Jade again! She IS a lovely ship, isn't she?

Thank you for your kind comment. I'm so glad people are still enjoying my review! :)

Have a great time in July when you sail the Jade again! She IS a lovely ship, isn't she?

Except I'm going in August - why did I say July? Doh :confused:

Yes a lovely ship. My boys loved it too :cool:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Melting Moments

I remember you reading MY Jade review and getting very excited about your trip so it was great to actually read YOUR review!

My husband and I actually did a Greek Island cruise on the Azamara Quest last year and visited Santorini & Mykonos amongst other islands but they were both amazing to visit - we like to have a good old explore! :)

Hello Melting Moments

I remember you reading MY Jade review and getting very excited about your trip so it was great to actually read YOUR review!

My husband and I actually did a Greek Island cruise on the Azamara Quest last year and visited Santorini & Mykonos amongst other islands but they were both amazing to visit - we like to have a good old explore! :)

Hello kikki21,

I DID read your Jade review and I've just read it again, along with mine! :)

I always find myself doing that when I'm a few days off my next trip! :eek:

How was the Azamara Quest? It looks a beautiful ship, and it's always good to have other options!

The Greek Islands are an absolute delight to explore, we loved it and are considering it again next year.....Ssshhhh, don't tell anyone.......it's our 25th Wedding Anniversary! :)

Enjoy your next cruise. :)

Glad you enjoyed my review! :)

I hope my DH and I are lucky enough to celebrate 50 married years onboard an NCL ship!

I'm sure you will love the Greek Islands as much as we did. Please let us know all about your trip! :) Enjoy!

Hey! I loved your report, I love the Jade too having been on her in early July having done the Adriatic and Ephesus cruise. Been thinking about booking this cruise as well now. Would you say it's a great cruise? And what stateroom did you stay in? Thanks so much!!

Hey! I loved your report, I love the Jade too having been on her in early July having done the Adriatic and Ephesus cruise. Been thinking about booking this cruise as well now. Would you say it's a great cruise? And what stateroom did you stay in? Thanks so much!!

Thank you so much, glad you enjoyed reading!

Would I say it was a GREAT cruise? Nope, I'd say it was an AMAZING cruise!

Those Greek Islands are just beautiful. So much to see and do. It was, for us, a very relaxing cruise after the hustle and bustle of the Western Med the year before and was just what we needed at that time. We are seriously considering going back next year, that's how much we loved it! My favourite ship and my favourite itinerary so far in my cruising life! I say go for it!

We stayed in a mid-ship balcony on Deck 10

I was midship deck 10 on Jade too! Great location I thought! Santorini and Mykonos do look stunning and that's what is drawing me to this cruise.

I do love the Jewel class ships at NCL. I don't fancy the huge megaships as I prefer a smaller amount of people and the Jade is such a welcoming, friendly ship. I'm going to have to research doing this cruise next year now! ;)

I was midship deck 10 on Jade too! Great location I thought! Santorini and Mykonos do look stunning and that's what is drawing me to this cruise.

I do love the Jewel class ships at NCL. I don't fancy the huge megaships as I prefer a smaller amount of people and the Jade is such a welcoming, friendly ship. I'm going to have to research doing this cruise next year now! ;)

We both love the Jade (see my sig. block). Not so sure about the direction the new NCL management regime is going currently. We are waiting to see how things settle down (if they do) before going for NCL again -too many changes in too short a time for us to be confident of the product we will get (10590 on Jade was close to being our second home:D).

Edited by SteveH2508

It WAS a great location, yes!

Santorini and Mykonos are indeed stunning....photos do not do them justice!

Someone once said to me that the Jade reminded them of the story of Goldilocks and the 3 Bears.......not too large, not too small, just right! I always smile when I'm reading that story at school now! :)

Enjoy your research and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask away!