I tried my hardest

I tried my hardest to book another cruiseline being people always tell me NCL and RCL have good deals. Well i didn't happen....im booked on the Breeze in 2 weeks and wanted another cruise in September. Even out of NJ or NY was more than me booking Carnival in other states and flying down. So i booked the Carnival Elation out of New Orleans. I know i will enjoy the Breeze but hope the Elation is good too. So NCL and RCL you have let me and your followers down once again!

No one ever really claims to be cheaper than CCL. The deals are comparative to each line (like what a good deal on DCL or RCI is). Personally I hope you have a great time. I LOVE NOLA. But I wouldn't get on a free CCL at the moment, so they can't have a cheap enough deal for me...maybe if they paid me, I could 'suffer' with it! :D But not with all the extra costs. I think its great that you are living the multi cruise life (evidently). I learned this year that if one has a really great cruise, you don't need (or necessarily even want) multiple mediocre ones...at least IMO!

Cruise along! :)

I actually booked another cruise line for my November cruise. Then found out that the reason the pricing was so good was because there is a large group on board who would likely take over the entertainment venues on board. So we are back to Carnival, booked on the Liberty.

I haven't had a problem with Carnival yet but have felt a few changes i haven't liked but the bottom line is i have a great vacation. So i tried to book the others but its a crock that they can come close to Carnivals price. Trust me they can't be 300.00 dollars better per person.....so i will continue to cruise Carnival and just hope the Elation is good!

I haven't had a problem with Carnival yet but have felt a few changes i haven't liked but the bottom line is i have a great vacation. So i tried to book the others but its a crock that they can come close to Carnivals price. Trust me they can't be 300.00 dollars better per person.....so i will continue to cruise Carnival and just hope the Elation is good!

300 per person is a lot to pay for another cruise line but dont think we would do anything older than spirit class and actually prefer conquest class.

A lot of times, most prices are better on Carnival....but there are plenty of times when you can get a better deal on a different cruise line. For example, right now it would be about $210 less per person to go on Holland America to Alaska in early September instead of Carnival and about $125 less per person on Norwegian.

Princess out of Galveston to Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel is about $9 per person more than Carnival on the same itinerary for an inside, but about $40 less per person for a balcony.

There are also some next year in May where Royal Caribbean is a little cheaper....you just have to look, and it depends on where and when you want to go.

I spent about 20 hours over the past few days comparing dates and cruise itineraries and prices for 2014. I have no dedication to any corporation, and never will. The best deal wins. So far nothing came close to Carnival (not even within $200) for two adults and a child in Western Caribbean, October through December, for an inside, porthole, or ocean view.

I'd really like to try some other cruise lines. I'm not dropping several hundred extra just to do it.

Would love to do another line, but price is King. We look for 7 days 320.00 or under pp, and from a Port we have friends in. January 2012 worked well on the Legend from Tampa. This January 2013 our budgeted funds were too low, and we can tell that January 2014 is also a no-go due to lost income from the Govt. sequester.

I am sure our next cruise will be Carnival again due to price, but geez I hope January 2015 comes fast!!!

We keep wanting to try another cruiseline but price does get in the way.

Want to do Europe next year and for that it will be another cruise line.

Carnival's prices are hard to beat and while I'd rather not pay more to cruise, in order to get better quality food and menu selection (like Carnival used to have), I have resorted to shelling out more money on other lines.

We just got off the Imagination and we were thinking it would be our last CCL cruise for a while (since we were noticing a decline in service and food and whatnot) and we were thinking of trying RCCL or NCL. But the Imagination cruise was wonderful (great service and good food) and just sucked us back in. We cruised with SIL and BIL too and they just loved it and want to do another one with us. We are looking at the Pride out of Tampa for Dec 2014. It's over NYE and is expensive so it's hard to pull the trigger, though we do have plenty of time. I am also considering taking my mom on the Fantasy next fall. The price is really good.

I spent about 20 hours over the past few days comparing dates and cruise itineraries and prices for 2014. I have no dedication to any corporation, and never will. The best deal wins. So far nothing came close to Carnival (not even within $200) for two adults and a child in Western Caribbean, October through December, for an inside, porthole, or ocean view.

I'd really like to try some other cruise lines. I'm not dropping several hundred extra just to do it.

NCL has either the Jewel out of Houston, TX or the Sun out of Tampa, FL on Nov. 29th and 30th of 2014 for pretty close to the price of the Carnival Conquest out of Miami on Nov. 30th, 2014. On the inside, Carnival is about $120 less expensive, but if you went up to Ocean View, the difference is about $30. Those were the cheapest I could find from either cruise line during that period.

Oh, and if you look at October 5th with the Conquest out of Miami (cheapest again) and Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas out of Galveston, TX on October 5th, the price for an inside is around $150 more for an inside on Royal. So not necessarily close, but under $200.

I needed a certain week due to my wife being off from work....that week nothing remotely close in price was available on RCL or NCL....maybe someday but till that day comes i will be sailing Carnival....will post my thoughts on the service and food when i get back from the Breeze.

We ended up booking the Gem because the Pride itineraries were so late in being published. We had originally settled on RCI, but because I did a courtesty hold on the cabins they considered that a booking and wouldn't give me the reduced deposit rate.

That said we are already looking ahead to 2015. There will be only 4 of us on that trip and the choices are an 8 day E. Caribbean itinerary on the Splendor in 2 balcony cabins for $4000 or a 9 day E. Carbbean itinerary on the Gem in 1 balcony and 1 inside for $6100.

It is our goal to sail all of the mainstream lines at least once but price is a factor.

I have checked fares on other cruise lines and not found 1 that comes close to the Carnival price for a comparable cruise. I guess they have me forever, with special rates for past guests, FL resiidents, etc. I would be happy to cruise another line, if the price was right. I'll just keep looking. Not having a past guest number for other lines really limits my possibilities.

We looked at Royal for our Baltic cruise and it was more expensive, especially considering it was only a 10 day compared to the 12 day we got on Carnival. The extra days and additional sea days were what convinced us to stay with Carnival, and we had a fantastic time. We had excellent service and every staff member we encountered was smiling, friendly and courteous. We were very satisfied with the food. The entertainment was so-so, but in some cases better than on some of our earlier cruises. We don't cruise for the entertainment. We're capable of entertaining ourselves. ;) The ship was in great condition. I really love the Spirit class ships and wish they weren't sending the Legend to Australia. :(

We would like to try Alaska next. I will consider other lines based on itinerary, port of departure, etc. but price is certainly going to be a factor in our choice.

This is exactly how I feel. I finally found an MSC sailing for the same price for CCL for next may so now I am excited to try a new line.

I booked an 11 night southern caribbean itinerary from Miami on the NCL Pearl for December 2014 for $749 (inside).

The only thing comparable on Carnival is an 8 day Southern on Sunshine out of Port Canaveral for similar time frame and similar room for $848. The itinerary is no where near as good and it is 3 days shorter.

Maggie

I'm getting ready to cruise on CCL next month. I've sailed on CCL and RCI many times in the past. I've sailed a lot mainly with CCL recently and was open to going back to RCI. I was able to get a balcony on the Lido deck with CCL for about $350 cheaper per person than an inside or ocean view with RCI for the same week. I can't see spending $700 more for a week long cruise with the same ports of call, similar food and entertainment, etc. just to sail with RCI...but that's my own opinion.

You can't beat Carnivals price point, that's for sure. DH & I have taken 5 CCL cruises in the past few years, but we wanted to try something different this time, just to compare. So, we went big ($$) with Oasis next month.. Needless to say, we're excited, just to get away and to see how the small things compare between the lines. We did RCCL for our honeymoon and had a great time, but Carnival began to feel comfy to us. Either way, we've never had a bad cruise on Carnival. I'm hoping that their prices stay awesome!! :)

Archived