Humidity question / Sept Bermuda

lotsofkids

I will be on the Dawn Sept 6th sailing (can't wait). I just got back from a Fort Lauderdale trip and was suffering from the oppressive humidity in So. Fla!

How is the humidity in Bermuda and specifically....in early Sept? I am super excited for the cruise, but dread hot, sticky weather. Guess I should be really happy for sunny days and NO tropical storms or hurricanes!

(Ohio summers are idyllic!)

Tks, Diane

I will be on the Dawn Sept 6th sailing (can't wait). I just got back from a Fort Lauderdale trip and was suffering from the oppressive humidity in So. Fla!

How is the humidity in Bermuda and specifically....in early Sept? I am super excited for the cruise, but dread hot, sticky weather. Guess I should be really happy for sunny days and NO tropical storms or hurricanes!

Tks, Diane

.....an Internet search is your friend.

Bermuda Humidity

Hope this helps.

wasiii

Tks, Diane

Temperature.jpg

thanks for your quick replies. And Thanks DAWN....guess I should have just picked up the phone and called our expert Bermuda cruise-mate!

I was shocked at So. Florida's humidity.....I don't know how people can acclimate to that!

Smiles...Diane

Weather is very unpredictable. I don't know how you can answer a question like this...even averages mean nothing when it comes to the weather. There's just no way to know for sure. Plus a humid day in Bermuda is better than a dry day at work. :)

Weather is very unpredictable. I don't know how you can answer a question like this...even averages mean nothing when it comes to the weather. There's just no way to know for sure. Plus a humid day in Bermuda is better than a dry day at work. :)

.....but we were able to answer the question. The OP asked:

"How is the humidity in Bermuda and specifically....in early Sept?"

She did not ask what the humidity will be in September, she asked how is the humidity in Bermuda. You can't answer that question without averages.

Of course everyone knows the weather can change in an instant. After all, the only weather forecasters that are right a great deal of the time are the ones in San Diego. It's always sunny there.

;)

wasiii

No problem at all guys....as whatever it'll be....I am on vacation and a happy camper. I just like to get an idea, so I can prepare accordingly. I am watching the 14 day forecasts and the hurricane tracking. I still hate humidity, but I'll deal with whatever comes!

We had lots of rain on our Alaska cruise, but such a fun time with no regrets!

I'm so glad someone posted on the humidity. I'll be sailing to Bermuda on 09/06 also. It was funny last weekend. My sister asked me the question about the humidity so I googled. I looked specifically for the average dew point and it was pretty high for September. We both then continued to complain about it for awhile and then said, "we'll be on vacation, not working, so who cares?" And then I met someone the other day who has been there many times and said it's very pleasant in September and not really humid. So I feel better now. :)

We were in Bermuda last October. [i know --not September] But, we arrived the day after Tropical storm Raphael blew through. Yes, it was humid in a tropical way. but, Bermuda has such great breezes. Since the island is so small you are never very far from the water.

Bermuda is the same latitude as North Carolina. That gives you a point for comparison of what to expect.

CTgirl.....so far the weather is looking like it will be pretty darn GOOD!

http://www.myforecast.com/bin/expanded_forecast_15day.m?city=104164&metric=false

Like Florida....it can have a sudden sun shower and then 1/2 hr later all sunshine!

Although, weather is always subject to change....I am feeling quite hopeful. Even if a Hurricane were to start brewing off the coast of Africa....it normally takes approx 10 days to develop from a tropical depression to a real Hurricane. As we depart in 10 days..... and in Bermuda in 12 through 14 days from now.... something would have to start culminating over the immediate days in order to effect us.

you'll see me in line soon....(the one with the biggest smile)

Looking good! Although I found a dew point calculator online and did the math...dew point will be around 70-73 Sunday and Monday. :eek: When it hits 60 we start the feel the humidity (at least in CT we do). Should be interesting. My sisters and I will likely be just lumps in the sand, hoping the heat will go away. LOL

LOL....the weather seems to change, well, "like weather"!!! The dew point is now showing 69-71 a tad bit better! In general it looks like we should have more sun than rain.... And somewhat mild temps 83-84, however "feels like" comfort level of 88-90. Lets see what it looks like in a few more days! Even if the days are hot.... The evenings should be perfect and besides....anything beats a hurricane reeking havoc on your plans!

Archived