Brilliance of the Seas questions

I'm still holding out for an NCL price drop, but right now...400 bucks is 400 bucks. I've been on Vision-class ships twice, and didn't like it either time. I'm hoping a Brilliance-class ship will be more acceptable. Two things that could help me make up my mind:

1. I enjoy walking around the ship on an outdoor promenade. The Vision-class promenade doesn't go completely around. Do Brilliance-class promenades go all the way around without having to go up steps, or cross over on the inside, or other such nonsense?

2. Showers in RCI cabins are ridiculous, in my experience. Are the showers in the gym/spa locker rooms open to passengers without charge? And are the showers in the gym or the spa?

I'm still holding out for an NCL price drop, but right now...400 bucks is 400 bucks. I've been on Vision-class ships twice, and didn't like it either time. I'm hoping a Brilliance-class ship will be more acceptable. Two things that could help me make up my mind:

1. I enjoy walking around the ship on an outdoor promenade. The Vision-class promenade doesn't go completely around. Do Brilliance-class promenades go all the way around without having to go up steps, or cross over on the inside, or other such nonsense?

2. Showers in RCI cabins are ridiculous, in my experience. Are the showers in the gym/spa locker rooms open to passengers without charge? And are the showers in the gym or the spa?

The promenade decks on the Vison class do go all the way around - I was just on Grandeur and know they do at least on that ship. The front, however, may not always be open.

Radiance class ships (to which you refer - Brilliance is one ship in that class) also have promenade decks that go around the ship. In fact in the front you can access the helipad as well.

The Radiance class ships showers (depending on stateroom) may also be larger. Vision class ships are the smallest (and oldest) in the RCI fleet and, while very nice and mostly all refurbished, some of the accommodations size may reflect that.

But you should be able to us the spa showers as well which will be larger and at no charge. You may not find that necessary once on board, however.

Enjoy your cruise. Radiance class ships are very nice - and different from Vision class - and are one of my favorites. I think you will enjoy it as well.

To go all the way around the promenade deck on the radiance class ships you do go up a few stairs at the bow - up to the helipad (which is a nice place for views), and then back down on the other side. It's only a few steps - not a big deal.

Archived