singles.....

labtech

does anyone know anything about singles cruising on Carnival? Not single as in alone but singles as in looking to meet other singles. My friend and I are interested in meeting other singles our age......55+. Thanks!

Just out of curisoity I have gone to the meetings for singles on ships as indicated in the Fun Times. Never has anyone ever been there. They are scheduled kind of late, about 11:30pm or after. After 5 cruises, I stopped bothering.

I was on a recent cruise and not happy with the tablemates (ffamily of 5 adults and myself) and asked to switch to a solo table. The Maitre d' told me there were only 7 solos on the ship. I did end up at a table with 3 of them, the others never showed.

Yes, I'm also single and sail solo a lot of the time. I've never bothered to go to any of the meetings (because I'm usually heading to my cabin to sleep by the time they're listed). :o

I'm not particularly looking for other singles on a cruise, though. Well, anywhere, really. I like being a "solo" and am quite happy to do things on my own.

OP, you can also get to know others in your Roll Call. Longer cruises tend to have much more active Roll Calls than most shorter cruises, though. I know we have other single/solos going on my Conquest cruise (8 nights); not sure about my Fantasy cruise - I have two other "single" friends coming with me (one celebrating her 60th, the other not-celebrating her 2nd divorce).

[quote name='labtech']does anyone know anything about singles cruising on Carnival? Not single as in alone but singles as in looking to meet other singles. My friend and I are interested in meeting other singles our age......55+. Thanks![/quote]
As others said, adult meetings are too late and no one goes.
If you mean travelling as a group of singles, there are some and some are only for the older group. The cost is more pp but the cruise group is hosted and events are planned exclusive to singles. VtoG has a list.

My experiences with Carnival's singles' gatherings weren't good. One time, it was held during the late dinner seating, so I didn't go. The other time, it was held at 11:00 PM, and when I came, there were no signs that a singles' party was going on; just people hanging out in the nightclub like any other night. No icebreakers or cheesy "get to know" games.

Archived