Gem Aft Suite- Pro's/Con's

crimmper

DW & I will be sailing the Gem Next Year. We have cruised in suites before , but always forward suites. This will be our first aft suite. We will be in cabin 10166.

So the question is, what are the Pro's:D/Con's:eek: with staying in an aft suite.

Thanks to all who reply.

We just stayed in 10164. The pros-

no wind

beautiful wake

it's fun to watch the ship back into/out of port.

No one cares if your balcony light is on and your curtains are open!

The cons (and I am being very picky)-

occasional debris from the washing of Deck 12

the flag is very noisy on a windy day in port (not a big deal, but if you are trying to nap on your balcony, you will notice it).

The biggest con is that you can feel the boat shuddering when you get back into NY which make you realize vacation is over!

We loved it and will go aft as long as it is an option!

Hi crimmper

DW & I were in suite 10666 last June (identical suite ).

Ok FOR THE PRO :

lovely sound of the wake , great to relax on the balcony at night . very quiet back there and great view especially when leaving port.

No wind whatsoever.

very spacious lots of storage.

spectacular bathroom with bathtub and a scale.

Deluxe Coffee/Espresso/Cappuccino Machine serving Lavazza coffee.

Now for the cons

Long walk to the front of the ship but great exercise who needs the gym

sometime in the morning you will find food residue on the balcony from the great outdoor café(deck 12) when they wash the deck but no big deal

overhaul it's a great places back there and we hope you have Cipriano as your butler

He is great and knows how to spoil you

We were in 9670 in May. Loved the aft suite. You can go straight up to deck 12 and sit at the Great Outdoors to eat. The back has a wonderful view. No problems with noise that we felt or heard in the cabin. We even booked the same cabin for next year.

Enjoy your cruise.

I was in 10166 on the Gem last year and loved it. The most negative thing I can say is that one morning I found a small piece of lettuce on my balcony. Heck, I find worse than that in my own driveway every day!

For me, there was no problem with noise, vibration or soot that I have seen others report.

I think you will really enjoy it.

DW & I will be sailing the Gem Next Year. We have cruised in suites before , but always forward suites. This will be our first aft suite. We will be in cabin 10166.

So the question is, what are the Pro's:D/Con's:eek: with staying in an aft suite.

Thanks to all who reply.

Where in the same cabin in July!

Thanks to all who reply.

We will be in that cabin in 2 days so I will report back!

Hi crimmper

Ok FOR THE PRO :

lovely sound of the wake , great to relax on the balcony at night . very quiet back there and great view especially when leaving port.

No wind whatsoever.

Now for the cons

sometime in the morning you will find food residue on the balcony from the great outdoor café(deck 12) when they wash the deck but no big deal

overhaul it's a great places back there and we hope you have Cipriano as your butler

I am in that cabin January 11th! Ive always had deck 9 but this year took deck 10 because CC taught me the 10th deck balconies are bigger! Cant wait!

Hi crimmper

Ok FOR THE PRO :

No wind whatsoever.

Now for the cons

I'm not too convinced that that is a pro! :eek:

I'm not too convinced that that is a pro! :eek:

The downside of the scale is cancelled out by the long walk to get anywhere.

Seriously, loved those aft suites. We've had 2 and have 2 more booked.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to report back that this cabin is incredible!!

The only negative I can really think of is that since we are aft, everything is a pretty decent walk. I enjoyed it, think it kept my weight gain to a respectable 4 pounds :eek:.

If anyone has any specific questions, let me know! I would book this cabin again tomorrow without hesitation.

We always try to stay in an aft suite usually 10164, and I concur with everything everyone else said both positive and negative. You can't go wrong with one.

I have always wanted to try a bow suite, but end up coming back to the aft. But we do have a bow suite for the Panama Canal and who knows, we might be changing our preferences, but I doubt it.

Archived