What happened when you booked a VH guarantee?

comfortcove

I booked this today, and really don't know where on the DAM ship we may end up! I feel like if we are on there, with a balcony, we will be happy. However, can upgrade to a VC for about $400 for us both. We have not sailed with HAL for awhile, our most recent cruises ere on Princess and RCI, but we are Mainers. VCs do not look so great on the Noordam sailing either, so again I would pbably book a guarantee.

If anyone has experience with the VH guarantee I would love to hear them. We have a reduced vacation budget this year due to two kids in college, so no sweet suites out of the question,

We have never had a BAD cabin booking guarantees. Almost any cabin on a cruise is a great cabin, just to be on the ship cruising is the whole point.

My choice would be the owners suite but I would be happy with an inside also.

Thanks, that has been my experience booking guarantees, but I have not done it for a long time! This sailing is December 6, so it may not be too full. I would spring for the VC, but there are not very good cabins left, so again it would be a guarantee. I doubt we would get upgraded out of balcony category. We had been doing suites for a few years, but this year just want to have a sweet getaway for our December anniversary on a budget.

We have never had a BAD cabin booking guarantees. Almost any cabin on a cruise is a great cabin, just to be on the ship cruising is the whole point.

My choice would be the owners suite but I would be happy with an inside also.

I like your optimistic view. But there are real bad cabins on a given ship and the point here is to get a good bang for your buck. Ain't it ?

Thank you CC family :)

taneous@hotmail.com

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No balcony is that bad, a VH is a guaranteed balcony. The worst that can happen is we end up with a very forward balcony with a metal rail on deck 4. However, there are only four of them. I just was curious about other people's experiences booking a VH guarantee. Should I hold, or fold and book the VC?

I booked this today, and really don't know where on the DAM ship we may end up! I feel like if we are on there, with a balcony, we will be happy. However, can upgrade to a VC for about $400 for us both. We have not sailed with HAL for awhile, our most recent cruises ere on Princess and RCI, but we are Mainers. VCs do not look so great on the Noordam sailing either, so again I would pbably book a guarantee.

If anyone has experience with the VH guarantee I would love to hear them. We have a reduced vacation budget this year due to two kids in college, so no sweet suites out of the question,

We've done it twice.

Once we got a Deck 8 VA

The second time Deck 6 Aft balcony - we loved it!

Like the verandas with the rail or IMO , the inside cabins. Just to name a couple. Just my personal opinion.
Not sure I'd be happy with a cabin that has a roll-in shower and no tub. I got a look at a handicapped suite and it would not be my preference. And these can get assigned in a guarantee situation. Just MHO.

We have a VF GTY on our next cruise (Collectors including TA). Initially I booked an Inside but decided to go for it with a verandah. It seems that everyone who reports in on our Roll Call has also booked a GTY!

It's our first time...usually I select the cabin we want and mark "Do not Move" so this is really outside the box for me!

My parents and my DH and I each booked VH guarantees for our Alaskan cruise just this past June and each ended up with a VA! Our travel agent called about a question we had and the consultant he spoke to even said we had made out really well. Staterooms were awesome...good luck!

Thanks for the responses, okay, I am going to keep the VH guarantee! It is a great rate, and we will have more spending $$ for this trip. I am indifferent to a tub vs shower, so that is not an issue. Good luck to all you fellow gamblers, and I will report back on our eventual assignment!

The worst that can happen is we end up with a very forward balcony with a metal rail on deck 4. However, there are only four of them.
But VF 4005 to 4042 also have the metal railing.

Got a VA, then an upsell to a Lanai for $50pp. A very good gamble!
Something wrong here. HAL's Lanais are only on the Rotterdam, Veendam, and Maasdam, and those ships don't have a VA category. If they did, a V(erandah)A would be higher than a CA Lanai.

Something wrong here. HAL's Lanais are only on the Rotterdam, Veendam, and Maasdam, and those ships don't have a VA category. If they did, a V(erandah)A would be higher than a CA Lanai.

My thoughts exactly! Must be a mistake because a lanai certianly isn't and upgrade from a private verandah IMO. Anyways we did a VH GTY on Eurodam and ended up with a VC shower only which we were fine with. I would save my $400 and just roll with it.

Whoops, you all are correct, I was blending two different trips. We had an ocean view guarantee that got us to the lanai on the Maasdam. Our VH was Eurodam(I think, but now I am questioning my memory) and got us to a VA, where we stayed. Sorry for the confusion

Archived