Age range on 3 night princess cruise

juleswcxz

Hello. I am planning a girls trip this November on either Princess or Carnival (roundtrip from Los Angeles to Ensenada). Has anyone been on a 3 night Princess cruise from Los Angeles? What is the age range of the passengers? How is the atmosphere? I have recently been on a 10 day family trip to Alaska and is wondering if there is a difference in the feel of a longer cruise vs shorter princess cruise? Thank you!:)

Oh yeah...it will be a booze cruise. Lots of 20's and bachlorette and bachelor parties. The cheaper and shorter the cruise, the younger they get:rolleyes:

Have done this cruise 6-7 times..last one was a girls cruise in November on Carnival out of Long Beach. We had lots of laughs just watching the people.

Will still be fun, but it will not be like an Alaska cruise passenger... Enjoy!!

Almost all Alaskan cruises attract an older group, even Alaskan Carnival cruises.

Not sure if that is your concern, that a 3 day coastal cruise will have the same demographics as an Alaskan cruise.

Haven't taken a short cruise out of LA but I did take a 2-day cruise from Vancouver to SF last October (tacked onto a 15-day cruise to FLL.) Definitely not a booze cruise or anything close to it. Lots of extended family groups, wide range of ages. I don't think any age group dominated.

Well, since regularly scheduled short cruises are new to Princess, it's anyone's guess what kind of crowd they'll attract. Because they are less expensive I'm sure they might attract the booze-cruise types. That being said, I'm scheduled on a b2b for 6 days to get to Elite...:p. I plan on just relaxing!

Haven't taken a short cruise out of LA but I did take a 2-day cruise from Vancouver to SF last October (tacked onto a 15-day cruise to FLL.) Definitely not a booze cruise or anything close to it. Lots of extended family groups, wide range of ages. I don't think any age group dominated.

I think a repo is going to have different demographics than 3 or 4 day RT cruises.

I don't expect a booze cruise but expect a more energized group.

These 3 day Ensenada cruises have been going out of LA for years..have done it MANY times myself over the years..various lines (they come and go, Princess used to do this with the Dawn..so not new for them, they have just been out of that market for awhile) including Princess, Carnival and RCI....it will be a booze cruise for sure, and there will be lots of kids if summer/school holiday time. Short cruise, low cost = very different demographics than a longer cruise ! But very fun get away....easy to do for locals with no flight. This is a cruise for new cruiser to get the feel of it too, so lots of newbees !

This is not like a repo cruise....for sure. :(

Regarding the 3 night round-trip new cruises from LA, Princess hasn't started them yet, so all we can do is guess what they'll be like. It will definitely be a younger crowd, a more active crowd, probably noisier, probably a lot more drinking going on than normal and there will probably be a lot of newbies onboard.

I've had the misfortune to be on a couple Carnivore (Carnival) 3 night RT LA cruises due to DH's company that 'rewarded' us with these little cruises. Talk about a booze cruise! :eek: The main activities were: drinking, yelling, whooping it up, gambling, and drinking a lot more.

If that's what you want for your girls' trip, then Carnival would be generally more what your looking for than Princess.

We have sailed this itin a few times on RCI and many times on Carnival. We are going on a Monday-Thursday 3day cruise on the Golden in October. All out of San Pedro or Long Beach.

It's also going to depend on what day of the week the cruise leaves. Can't really compare to the Carnival three day cruise because they are currently strictly weekend (Friday-Monday) cruises. The 4 day, Monday-Friday cruise cruises is usually not as 'fun'.;) We expect it to be like most of our four day Carnival Cruises.

That being said our wildest cruise was a four day (M-F the first week in February on Carnival, it was even wilder than our three day (F-M) in July on the same ship. We have always been able to find areas away from the mayhem. For the above four day cruise the demographic was odd--seemed to be mainly young adults and nursing home refugees, complete with mobility appliances.

We once traveled with "The Really Old Man" on the Paradise. We know this because his shirt said so.:D He was celebrating his 100th birthday with his family.

We prefer to sail out of Long Beach because we can take public transportation to the port and not worry about our cars.

You didn't say when in November. If around the end of November, that's when Thanksgiving falls. There could be a lot of families taking advantage of school being out for two days/combined with the weekend (most of the Los Angeles Unified school district schools are taking off the whole week). If you're talking about earlier in the month, probably less school aged kids and college aged kids going as they will be in school.

I've been on a few of the Baja cruises on Carnival and the one we took during Easter vacation was definitely a booze cruise. A lot of college kids were on because they were out on spring break. We were up on deck near the end of the port stay in Ensenada watching college-aged kids getting out of taxis and literally staggering back to the ship. At sailaway, the deck bars did boffo business selling a ton of beer.

Archived