Refund on Royal Cruise Points

UNKLED

Had to cancel my cruise on the Freedom Of The Seas, Aug.25-Sept. 1 due to an illness. I redeemed 25,000 Royal Points from my BOA credit card for on board credit. Does anyone know how I can get the points refunded back on to my credit card ?

Had to cancel my cruise on the Freedom Of The Seas, Aug.25-Sept. 1 due to an illness. I redeemed 25,000 Royal Points from my BOA credit card for on board credit. Does anyone know how I can get the points refunded back on to my credit card ?

Wishing you better health in the future.

Please call the Redemption Center at 1-888-305-4626 and explain your situation.

From the terms and conditions:

All Reward Redemptions received by Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara are forfeited if the associated booking is subsequently cancelled.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/visa/royal_terms_and_conditions_08.20.13.pdf

This is not always true that's why a call to the Redemption Center is necessary. They handle situations like this on a case by case basis. There have been numerous posts about having points reinstated due to illness or other situations beyond someone's control.

Hope you get well soon and please let us know how the call to the Redemption Center goes. Our next Royal cruise will be using points, and since once redeemed the points are forfeited if the cruise is canceled, I'm waiting until closer to departure to apply them.

Good luck, I hope you are able to get your points returned!! I just lost 5,000 points because I had to cancel a RCL cruise...tried to get them transferred to my Celebrity cruise with no luck...time to ditch the RCL Credit card...:(

My cruise in April had to be cancelled. I used 125,000 points. Was told when I booked they could not be put back on the card if I had to cancel. However, when I called and explained my situation (and was crying uncontrollably) they said the points could not be put back on the card but they gave me 6 months to book another cruise.

Archived