First Cruise Question about your day at Port

JusGetinStarted

Hello All,

What are some suggestions on what to do with your belongings while at port. Such as, if we decide to go parasailing then maybe chill on the beach or walk around and see the sights what do we do with our money or items that we would not want to get stolen or wet (Camera, cash, credit cards or even room key)? Do we Parasail then go back to the boat for lunch (cuz I know I will want to eat) then go back out or do we bring our camera and money with us some how and find something to eat at port? Is it feasible to go back to the boat or will we be too far away to keep running back to the boat?

Our Ports of Call are Nassau, Bahamas and Cozumel, Mexico and we will be on the Oasis of the Seas.

Oh and do we need to carry our passports around with us when we exit the boat also?

I hope I worded this correctly!

Thanks,

Elaine

Hello All,

What are some suggestions on what to do with your belongings while at port. Such as, if we decide to go parasailing then maybe chill on the beach or walk around and see the sights what do we do with our money or items that we would not want to get stolen or wet (Camera, cash, credit cards or even room key)? Do we Parasail then go back to the boat for lunch (cuz I know I will want to eat) then go back out or do we bring our camera and money with us some how and find something to eat at port? Is it feasible to go back to the boat or will we be too far away to keep running back to the boat?

Our Ports of Call are Nassau, Bahamas and Cozumel, Mexico and we will be on the Oasis of the Seas.

Oh and do we need to carry our passports around with us when we exit the boat also?

I hope I worded this correctly!

Thanks,

Elaine

When you leave the ship take only the essentials: room key (plastic), credit card (plastic), and cash in a ziploc bag if you are going swimming. Your small camera can ride in the boat while you are parasailing.

Feel free to eat in the port. Most cruisers like to sample the local cuisine wherever they stop. Every stop on your itinerary accepts US currency.

Going back and forth to a ship with 5000+ passengers is a guaranteed long line so return to the ship when you are finished for the day.

Do not bring all of your money or credit cards! Leave what you don't need in the safe in your cabin.

Your credit card, room key, and yes...even cash, can get wet! If hubby has a velcroed pocket, it can go there. You can leave your stuff on the boat if you're parasailing. At the beach, you can keep an eye on your stuff while you take a dip....don't leave expensive cameras unattended!

It's easiest to bring only what you need....nothing extra!

You do NOT need your passport as a cruise passenger ashore.

Such as, if we decide to go parasailing then maybe chill on the beach or walk around and see the sights what do we do with our money or items that we would not want to get stolen or wet (Camera, cash, credit cards or even room key)?

Some folks use something like this. Can wear it around your neck and keep everything handy - all you should need would fit in it.

http://www.leisurepro.com/Catalog.aspx?op=BrandDisplay&BrandName=Witz

Not sure about your camera. A lot of people have the underwater cameras so its not an issue if you go in the water.

Do we Parasail then go back to the boat for lunch (cuz I know I will want to eat) then go back out or do we bring our camera and money with us some how and find something to eat at port?

Like others said, you can eat in port - and yes it is safe to eat/drink at all your ports, even Cozumel Mexico. :) Although some people do go back to the ship to eat. Depends on your timing, if you are tendered, etc. I personally don't want to waste the time.

Don't need your passport, but some folks recommended you photocopy the main page and take that with you.

Take lots of small bills; you will usually get US$ in change at the ports, but sometimes I've had Coz try to sneak in some pesos. Unless you want them for souvenirs, I'd ask for US change. :)

Archived