1st time in Ocho Rios- What are must do's?

Georgie562

Hello,

I will be visiting Ocho Rios in November for the first time and I cannot think or find an excursions the will give me the best of Ocho Rios.

I would really like to do the Dunns River falls as a must do but I've read that it gets really crowded and If thats the case I don't think I would really enjoy it.

Would also like to see the Irie Blue Hole which I've read is less crowded than Dunns.

Would also like to tour a little of Ocho Rios

Help!!

Any suggestions or stories on what you all did on your first visit to Ocho Rios???

Ocho Rios...........hmmmm

Ship sponsored excursions???

Not really anything that intersts us at the port.

We did venture out to the Hard rock cafe and bought t-shirts, but, were bothered to get our hair braided at every corner./SIZE]

Sea Ya

Hello,

I will be visiting Ocho Rios in November for the first time and I cannot think or find an excursions the will give me the best of Ocho Rios.

I would really like to do the Dunns River falls as a must do but I've read that it gets really crowded and If thats the case I don't think I would really enjoy it.

Would also like to see the Irie Blue Hole which I've read is less crowded than Dunns.

Help!!

Any suggestions or stories on what you all did on your first visit to Ocho Rios???

Cruise Critic deleted my review of our trip to Ocho Rios using Liberty Tours Jamaica as our private tour guide so unfortunately all the pictures I posted from the Irie Blue Hole/Secret Falls were deleted as well.

We went to the Secret Falls and had lots of fun in there, we then toured Ocho Rios while two of our companions went River Tubing. After that we went to Scotchies for late lunch. You can tell Ricardo Riley, our driver and guide that day, whatever you want to do or even ask them for suggestions and they will do it for you at such a cheap price, cheaper than the others being recommended on this board.

Hopefully, you can see my review of LTJ at Trip Advisor on this link.

Dunns River Falls is pretty nice. I don't know if I would climb it again, but it was something that we had to do once. Last trip we took a bamboo raft ride. Neat but not action packed. Had some really nice photo ops.

If you like coffee you need to get some Blue Mountain Coffee. Pretty good stuff.

Hello,

Help!!

Georgie562,

hello fellow Californian. we had our first visit to ocho rios earlier in august. if you book via an independent tour operator they will get you to dunns river falls well before the ship's tours so it will be less crowded. another suggestion if you go to dunns river falls to avoid the crowds is to climb up the middle of the falls. most people do the human chain thing up the sides. we found that by going up the middle you could go at your own pace and even stop and sit in the water. there were only about 2 places that you had to go to the sides of the falls due to the height or slippery surfaces. check out some of the other reviews on dunn's river falls in the forum here. we used mark morris tours and would book with him again but also check out reviews here on him and other independent operators. have a great time.

Hello,

Help!!

I have been to Jamaica quite a few times on cruises..also have done the ship tour to Dunn's River. This past cruise we went to the Irie Blue Hole with Liberty Tours Jamaica. THAT IS THE WAY TO GO!! no crowds, no bus loads of people, cusomized tour, small group. The Blue Hole was so pretty and peaceful. Not many tourists there at all. I was with Dee who organized and found this company. I would not do the ship tour again when I can use Liberty Tours Jamaica and have the place to ourselves!

I'm not much for the crowed cruise ship excursions. I wasn't that excited about Jamaica but after our tour with Liberty Tours Jamaica it was one of the highlights of our cruise. We went to the secret Falls, had great Jerk chicken and a tour of the area. Riccardo was our guide and very professional. They have a web site and will contact you very quickly.

Archived