I did it - I upgraded!

I upgraded my inside cabin to a JS on the Enchantment for my October cruise. I had initially booked an inside cabin as Balcony's were sold out. I did go on the waiting list for a balcony - but final payment date came and went and none ever freed up.

So when I was watching for a balcony, I kept looking at the Junior Suites - and when it got down to where there was one left mid-ship - I booked it. Now there are only 3 left in total. So I'm glad I did it. And now I will quit watching prices. It's not like if they did go down that I would upgrade to a higher level suite. So no point in checking prices anymore - that I know of.

So any feedback on 8066 on the Enchantment. I'm very excited!

I suppose it would be rude to ask how much you paid, but I'm in a similar boat, pun fully intended. I'm on a inside for a 4 day on Majesty. With my current bookings, I will be just night shy of Diamond when I go on a 2015 cruise. I was thinking of upgrading to a JS on Majesty in Oct so I could be Diamond in 15. When I called a couple of weeks ago it would have cost me around $600 to upgrade. If it gets down to $300 I might think about it. Was going to check again in Sept.

I paid over $700 for the upgrade. But it's been a rough 5 years for me, so I kind of felt like I deserved it.

I've been my father's POA and had to deal with all of his affairs while my sister and brother just watched and thanked God they didn't have to do any of it. Although they didn't have any problems taking the insurance checks when he passed in February. Sorry, I have resentment issues - as you can tell.

So this is my reward for 5 long years of hard work and much stress - which I don't deal with very well.

I paid over $700 for the upgrade. But it's been a rough 5 years for me, so I kind of felt like I deserved it.

I've been my father's POA and had to deal with all of his affairs while my sister and brother just watched and thanked God they didn't have to do any of it. Although they didn't have any problems taking the insurance checks when he passed in February. Sorry, I have resentment issues - as you can tell.

So this is my reward for 5 long years of hard work and much stress - which I don't deal with very well.

First of all, I'm so sorry for your loss and the fact that your father picked you over them to handle his affairs is a great compliment to YOU and I hope that brings you comfort.

Secondly, as my own father's POA and having to deal with similar sibling issues, let me be the first to say that both your cruise and ESPECIALLY the upgrade are WELL DESERVED...so go and ENJOY!!:D:D

Your dad will be smiling on you from above. :)

First of all, I'm so sorry for your loss and the fact that your father picked you over them to handle his affairs is a great compliment to YOU and I hope that brings you comfort.

Secondly, as my own father's POA and having to deal with similar sibling issues, let me be the first to say that both your cruise and ESPECIALLY the upgrade are WELL DESERVED...so go and ENJOY!!:D:D

Your dad will be smiling on you from above. :)

Thanks so much. It was hard to watch him go - but now he is with my mom again. I do look upon this as a gift from my dad!

I upgraded my inside cabin to a JS on the Enchantment for my October cruise. I had initially booked an inside cabin as Balcony's were sold out. I did go on the waiting list for a balcony - but final payment date came and went and none ever freed up.

So when I was watching for a balcony, I kept looking at the Junior Suites - and when it got down to where there was one left mid-ship - I booked it. Now there are only 3 left in total. So I'm glad I did it. And now I will quit watching prices. It's not like if they did go down that I would upgrade to a higher level suite. So no point in checking prices anymore - that I know of.

So any feedback on 8066 on the Enchantment. I'm very excited!

Congratulations on upgrading. You will be happy to know that 8066 does not have the infamous "pole" at the foot of the bed. You picked a good cabin.

Congtrats on the upgrade, and I'm sorry for your loss and everything you've had to handle over the years.

Hopefully, the cruise and the sweet suite will provide a needed break and lots of fun and relaxation!

Thanks so much. It was hard to watch him go - but now he is with my mom again. I do look upon this as a gift from my dad!

My condolences on his passing, and good on you for taking care of things for him.

I'm a firm believer in such gifts - a week after FIL passed in 2006, our favorite JS on Jewel (1100) opened up for our Baltics cruise. I thanked him profusely every day of that cruise.:)

Enjoy!

Archived