Quest 8/27-9/6

PaulaJK

Does anyone remember Royal Viking? The Skoal toasts got louder with each glass, but that didn't seem to offend anyone, perhaps because many of the officers participated. And how about Carnival Night when everyone donned a costume. That didn't seem to offend anyone either. Yes, the Australians were a bit rowdy, but they did have a good time. And they were friendly and outgoing. No attitude at all. So they bothered some people a little, big deal. Regarding the children aboard: they were well behaved and better dressed then many of the adult passengers. Old timers, get used to the changes and you'll have a much better time! Off the subject, but related to other posts I would like to know exactly what are considered inappropriate jeans? Does it refer to blue denim, like Levi 501's or Wranglers? Or does it also include jeans made of other fabrics and in other colors? On this cruise I wore read jeans, a red & white stripped shirt with a white linen blazer. I also wore white cotton jeans with a blue & white shirt with a blue blazer. A lot of other men also dressed this way and we all looked great!

We had only a handful of youths on this cruise. They were cocooned by their families, beautifully behaved, nicely attired in the evenings and quiet in the dining room. A delight.....

Which only goes to show that children do not have a monopoly on bad behaviour ... far from it. And children at least have an excuse and can generally be expected to grow out of it. :rolleyes:

We were seated across from that bunch "mayhem"...I had complained to Nick that I had never seen a bunch straight out of a barn in the MDR like this before...he seemed embarrassed as did Bozi F&B Manager when he was called to come down an inspect!:rolleyes: I had called it something straight out of Animal Farm! I didn't want to mention this in great detail because usually when you do people think or believe you are embellishing things. Ohh joy maybe room service for the next last night then to avoid the miss mash mosh pit of people!

Would that be Nick Botha? And, if so, do you know how long he will be onboard?

Would that be Nick Botha? And, if so, do you know how long he will be onboard?

Yes, and he and Julian go home very soon for holidays since they are joining the Sojourn in LAX for the World Cruise in Jan. Julian is coming from the Odyssey with his wife Alina to the Quest in October.

Yes, and he and Julian go home very soon for holidays since they are joining the Sojourn in LAX for the World Cruise in Jan. Julian is coming from the Odyssey with his wife Alina to the Quest in October.

Shame ... I have a lot of time for Nick. Was hoping he would be on our Antarctic cruise. If you get the chance, please say hello to him from Charles Lewis & Susan Kenney.

Live from the continuation of Paula's Quest cruise. Many SB repeapters at the Club Party last night( we have over 250 of them on board). All in all there is a good crew. The weather has been a bit cooler and cloudier than we have usually experienced this time of year in the Med. And

unfortunately we have some of those revelers on board. They took to singing Waltzing Matilda at the top of their lungs in the Restuarant( we met some lovely Aussies who were quite appalled-- but as noted here they could just as easily been from anywhere). The food is up and down as are the wines( they did bring on a small stock of an interesting Spanish white which was quickly delpleted). Must agree about the crew being unwilling to enforce any of the rules-- tiny baby was repatedly dipped in the pool, last night ( Elegant casual dress code) I noticed over twenty gentlemen removed their jackets as soon as the sat down in the Restuarant, and two guys were in the Oberservation Bar post dinner in jeans, t-shirts and flip flops. Sigh!

Ha, ha ... not sure if I am up to the task of unmasking Zorro.

I noticed over twenty gentlemen removed their jackets as soon as the sat down in the Restuarant, and two guys were in the Oberservation Bar post dinner in jeans, t-shirts and flip flops. Sigh!

...Quelle Horreur!!!...did I miss all of that again in the MDR last night?:eek:

I saw the pampers baby being dunked in the pool several times without anyone blinking or batting an eye lash and wow didn't think we could pull up in the Observation Bar looking like "Caddy Shack" either?:confused:

OMG....

Horror is not enough

At least they didn't sing kookaburra sits (or did they?)

I cringe and I hide

Has anyone suggested keel hauling the convicts:)

If baby had been dipeed 3x and brought up 2x all was good

(insert tongue in cheek after Aussie board lambast)

Chairsin,

I don't know how SB instructs their crew re: intervening. I do know that they spoke to 'the group' but apparently without its mattering, so not effectively. I spoke w. a man who had been sent back to his room for a jacket for the MDR but we also saw many men remove theirs as soon as they were seated. It appears to be an uphill battle.

We didn't have pampers...but I think the regular crew should notify a supervisor who should intervene. Hopefully SB understands that this is a hygiene issue?

I would be I terested to hear more about your cuisine experiences. We were disappointed during the first 2days and then things seem to markedly I prove or we got smarter with the menu. As I enjoy lighter, fruity wines I was ok on that front.

Sorry about your weather...hope it improves..and that you thoroughly enjoy your cruise. Paula

Live from the continuation of Paula's Quest cruise. Many SB repeapters at the Club Party last night( we have over 250 of them on board). All in all there is a good crew. The weather has been a bit cooler and cloudier than we have usually experienced this time of year in the Med. And

unfortunately we have some of those revelers on board. They took to singing Waltzing Matilda at the top of their lungs in the Restuarant( we met some lovely Aussies who were quite appalled-- but as noted here they could just as easily been from anywhere). The food is up and down as are the wines( they did bring on a small stock of an interesting Spanish white which was quickly delpleted). Must agree about the crew being unwilling to enforce any of the rules-- tiny baby was repatedly dipped in the pool, last night ( Elegant casual dress code) I noticed over twenty gentlemen removed their jackets as soon as the sat down in the Restuarant, and two guys were in the Oberservation Bar post dinner in jeans, t-shirts and flip flops. Sigh!

Ha, ha ... not sure if I am up to the task of unmasking Zorro.

It could be more entertaining than another round of Waltzing Matilda ;)

Have you spoken to the hotel manager about the group and unsanitary use of baby flavoring in the pool?

Much as I dislike the idea of a round of Waltzing Matilda in the MDR the idea of a diapered baby in the pool is way more disgusting. One should not only have a word with the hotman but threaten to take photos next time and send them to the health authorities.

We are going through the Straits of messina -- first time to have done so in the daytiimes. Got up at five to watch as the Captain steered us near Stromboli -- lovely eruptions to watch in the black of night( maybe he has a girlfriend to impress -- sorry actually his lovely wife is on baord -- could not resist a Costa Concordia joke)Will follow up when Ireturn with more detailed review and answers to questions. Mrs. Waldo -- how naughty -- you made me chuckle. But yes, I did speak with a senior officer. It would appear I was not the first to do so and the parents were sent a stern warning( before they boarded they had also been sent information regarding the pool and their baby). Have not seen the little one in the pool since.Cheers -- off to Mt Etna!

last night ( Elegant casual dress code) I noticed over twenty gentlemen removed their jackets as soon as the sat down in the Restuarant,

Always a tricky one that. If the room is warm enough to keep less well clad ladies comfortable it can be too hot for a gentleman in a suit jacket. I have the same problem when wearing a waistcoat under my dinner jacket on formal occasions.

Henry :)

Was on the Seabourn Quest from August 26 through Sept 8 and had a fantastic time. Thought the crew went out of their way to ensure everyone had a great time. Food was delicious, the entertainment surpassed other lines that I have been on. Also thought the wine was very nice. Even took down the names of several to see if I can get them in the States.

Sorry to read that several of you were not thrilled with your experience.... and wonder how you could find fault with the cruise and the staff. I am so looking forward to my next one.

Was on the Seabourn Quest from August 26 through Sept 8 and had a fantastic time. Thought the crew went out of their way to ensure everyone had a great time. Food was delicious, the entertainment surpassed other lines that I have been on. Also thought the wine was very nice. Even took down the names of several to see if I can get them in the States.

Sorry to read that several of you were not thrilled with your experience.... and wonder how you could find fault with the cruise and the staff. I am so looking forward to my next one.

Are you sure you were on the same ship this year as all of us? We left Monte Carlo on August 27th and returned to Barcelona on Sept 6th.:confused::eek::confused:

Quick note before we dock in Mykonos( as an aside last time we tendered this time we dock somewhere and have shuttle buses).First let me at least clarify about our cruise -- Sept 6 -26 -- the service and crew have been outstanding with only one exception. Wonderrful group of hardworking people. Any problems really have stemmed from SB new policies. We are very much enjoying ourselves but still feel the big ships are not quite right for us. The weather has drastically improved -- yea! The private tour we took from Messina to the unknown villages around the north side of Mt Etna, the Alcantara Gorge , hiking the rim of the crater from the 2002 eruption and a fabulous winery visit and tasting was one of the best private tours ever.Tomorrow in Athens about 100 of the guest are staying on like ourselves through to Monte Carlo.More later.

Quick note before we dock in Mykonos( as an aside last time we tendered this time we dock somewhere and have shuttle buses).First let me at least clarify about our cruise -- Sept 6 -26 -- the service and crew have been outstanding with only one exception. Wonderrful group of hardworking people. Any problems really have stemmed from SB new policies. We are very much enjoying ourselves but still feel the big ships are not quite right for us. The weather has drastically improved -- yea! The private tour we took from Messina to the unknown villages around the north side of Mt Etna, the Alcantara Gorge , hiking the rim of the crater from the 2002 eruption and a fabulous winery visit and tasting was one of the best private tours ever.Tomorrow in Athens about 100 of the guest are staying on like ourselves through to Monte Carlo.More later.

Where have you been hidding Chairsin? Haven't seen you around the ship at all.:confused: It took me a while as well to get use to the Odyssey Class ships after being on the little sisters for years...I know how you feel.

Teebox, Sorry that you read any comments as not appreciating the crew...they were great......hardworking and personable.

Chairsin, At some future post could you clarify what 'new 'SB policies' you find problematic. Glad that you are enjoying your cruises...and especially that your weather has improved! Docking in Mykonos should be a treat for the eye.

Hummmmm NYK. You wrote Chairsin a rather similar note to the one you wrote to me. Are you really, really certain that you look for us????

Paula

Teebox, Sorry that you read any comments as not appreciating the crew...they were great......hardworking and personable.

Chairsin, At some future post could you clarify what 'new 'SB policies' you find problematic. Glad that you are enjoying your cruises...and especially that your weather has improved! Docking in Mykonos should be a treat for the eye.

Hummmmm NYK. You wrote Chairsin a rather similar note to the one you wrote to me. Are you really, really certain that you look for us????

Paula

So easy....just plan to meet at one of the restaurants for lunch or dinner and tell the Maitre d' what table you want. NYK can show up at that table. THEN you will know if he has been looking for you.

Paula

PaulaJK I did seek you out....I should had in retrospect left you a note at your Suite door. Perhaps I should remain in "mysterio land" and no one can identify me? LOL....:p

So easy....just plan to meet at one of the restaurants for lunch or dinner and tell the Maitre d' what table you want. NYK can show up at that table. THEN you will know if he has been looking for you.

That's another idea Nancy;) Or look for "Chris Chistie" look alike with communication device in hand all the time....:rolleyes: