Quest 8/27-9/6

PaulaJK

I find it ironic that I began this thread when on board Quest and discussed aspects of the cruise and descriptions of the new spa suites,, the very things that many of you are saying should be topics ......but unfortunately you are too preoccupied ranting and raving about NYK, whomever he may or may not be.

paula,

a couple of weeks ago i asked for first hand info and pictures regarding the spa suites. only one person seemed to have any first hand experience and i was glad to receive pictures and advice from that person. now you and hobar have offered more info to anyone who may look at this forum. thank you for being nice enough to do that for everyone.

bc

Paula, I also appreciate your posts from the Quest and the information about the Spa Suites as well as the photos that were posted. We will be sailing on her next month for our first Seabourn cruise and I have been eager to learn as much about the ship as I could.

Thank you to Hobar as well!

Loving the mystery of identifying who is Mr S who is definitely not Zorro and we can also assume, safely enough, is not Mrs W!

He obviously keeps a low profile and shuns publicity. That's why he changes monikers so often. Tantalizing!

Methinks he plainly blends into the surroundings. Average profile and smartly dresses, demographically speaking, and probably speaks softly so that neither passengers or staff notice him.

Or maybe he is not who he says he is? Could he be... an assitant in the jewelry shop or maybe staff who look after the ship's ample stores? In both roles he could beaver away often enough on his pda- sight unseen.

Chairsin, if you are up to this large challenge, best of luck.

Happy sailing!

Eight days later......care to alter your profile?

Oregon50,

Yes, those profiles were off the mark but then I always have known who this character is. Not an assistant cruise director, spa or jewelry shop worker, food/beverage crew or dance professional. I have seen him in action, of course. If only he had taken the breathing space my postings offered to him to change his behavior. But no, that was wishful thinking on my part. When will they ever learn?

With his more recent antics we can all see this character is incorrigible- uncooperative, badly mannered and offensive. So I am calling him out. As they say, if it walks, talks and sounds like a duck, well, it is a duck. He's as much a nuisance as anything else.

Happy sailing!

My only regret for this cruise is not having known Paula on it as I think we would have had fun, especially being neighbors. To BABECUSHING and SUNVIKING, I will post more pics on the Review of PH Spa Suites thread. SUNVIKING, you are in for a fabulous experience, and the suite is truly not that important as they are all quite wonderful. Plus, you will not likely be in your cabin that much. I just prefer a verandah to a non-verandah because I like fresh air. Regardless of the SB ship, go straight away to the Sky Bar to meet lots of fun people. Enjoy.

My only regret for this cruise is not having known Paula on it as I think we would have had fun, especially being neighbors. To BABECUSHING and SUNVIKING, I will post more pics on the Review of PH Spa Suites thread. SUNVIKING, you are in for a fabulous experience, and the suite is truly not that important as they are all quite wonderful. Plus, you will not likely be in your cabin that much. I just prefer a verandah to a non-verandah because I like fresh air. Regardless of the SB ship, go straight away to the Sky Bar to meet lots of fun people. Enjoy.

We also enjoy having a balcony and haven't sailed without one for many years. We have been getting aft balconies on our last many cruises, but when we booked the Quest there were none, so we'll try one on the side for a change. I know we will love the Sky Bar and the Observation Bar. We enjoy having a pre- or post- dinner drink in a place where we can see the ocean. Too many of the really large ships we've been on have no venues where you can really see that you're on a ship. So sad.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. I'm certain we'll have a lovely time.

Well one thing (or 2) have been established

I don't wear a mask (ok beauty mask sometimes)

and I don't snore in Seabourn Square

(I do snore in bed apparently, ask Miss W):eek:

Ann on SB there are lots and lots of places to drink or eat and see the sea

Edited by MrsWaldo

I don't...it's on point, factual and overdue to this board. The ongoing kabuki farce with NYK/zorro/SB needs to be exposed and addressed.

It absolutely needs to be dealt with.

I think that CC is having a problem banning him and keeping him banned because he's on a SB ship permanently and his IP address will keep changing.

However, Paula, I do think it's unfortunate that it's been on your thread where this discussion has taken place, but it's been a long time coming.

Lest seabourn traveller/zorro/NYK, CC readers, Seabourn and Host Dan think this mode of operation by Mr Seabourn Square of the Quest think the topic will shortly go away, I thought I would remind everyone what we are again discussing!

You forgot to include Premium Suite and X Crew...:rolleyes:

Ok, after an extended absence due to having fun I'll provide a brief update wit ha promise to fill in more details once we return home in about 10 days.

1) As to mr NYK shipping I beleive he diembarked and then rejoined the ship in Athens. I do have photo of him but I will not post it -- no matter the divergent opinions of him I will respect his privacy as I would ask others to repect mine. I will say that after seeing him at the boat drill in Athens I have hardly seen since until today. Perhaps he has taken comments about sleeping in SB square to heart but I have never seen him sleeping in here.

2)VBaychilla if you will bear with me I am keeping notes about policy issues and will detail this info when we return. Patience?

3) Prunella -- Yes, it was Gambino Winery. They have literally just finished building a lovely new restuarant/tasting room with to die for views down to the valley and taormina in the distance. We bought six bouttles of their wine and have been enjoying them on board.

As to our cruise -- the new passenger prpfile is quite different from the first ten days. The loud ones seem to have left and the new ones seem to be fun but not rowdy. i also think the profile has skewed younger -- many in their forties.

The weather has continued to improve. Fodd still ranging from outstanding to mediocre( but in balance more good than not so). Service remains wonderful . Our day in Kusadasi was delightful -- we had a private tour and thus skipped the evening event( we have done it twice before on the small ships).We made it into Chios which I understand has been an issue in the past due to weather and resulting waters too rough for the tenders. Yesterday was picture perfect in Santorini -- well except for the Celebrity ship which disgorged many people into tiny Fira! We walked up the donkey path avoiding the funicular lines but not the donkekys and their leavings. Then we hiked to Oia -- just under three hours up and down on a path of varied conditions in the sun with no shade. But it was worth the effort for the amazing views ( and calorie burning) and we did benefit from a constant breeze. Little Oia is not the place it was 10 years ago when we were last there -- almost as over run as Fira. But we had a lovely lunch overlloking the water with some local specialties and returned to Fira by bus. Today a nice partly overcast sea day and tomorrow Cantania. More later!

Martha,

Thank you for your kind thoughts. The master is G-A with is lovely wife and the Hotman is Marcel.

Last night CD John Barron gave a wonderful pre-dinner performance.Tonight is the Club party and Rock the Boat with Chef's dinner( not my favorite) in between. Lovely day today in Lipari Island- one of those unspoiled places.A brief rain show cleared the air and the afternoon had been fine. Tomorrow is Ponza Isalnd and fingers and toers crossed marina day. Odd event today -- one of the small Silversea ships( maybe the Wind) pulled into the bay near us about noon and then was gone shortly after 2Pm. Strange! Maybe a medical emergency? One of the crew( who shall remain nameless) said they pulled in, saw us and left when they saw they could not compete.

chairsin

Thank you for the Senior Staff information........ohhh sweet Marcel! I remember when he was a waiter in the dining room on the Baby Sisters.

Grrreat team!

I know you are having a marvelous time......surely wish I was aboard. We might could cause a 'lit "rucus!":D

Big hugs

MB

• 5 months later...

I just found your post....Royal Viking was top knotch....thank you (from Washington Square) for mentioning a wonderful line..

Does anyone remember Royal Viking? The Skoal toasts got louder with each glass' date=' but that didn't seem to offend anyone, perhaps because many of the officers participated. And how about Carnival Night when everyone donned a costume. That didn't seem to offend anyone either. Yes, the Australians were a bit rowdy, but they did have a good time. And they were friendly and outgoing. No attitude at all. So they bothered some people a little, big deal. Regarding the children aboard: they were well behaved and better dressed then many of the adult passengers. Old timers, get used to the changes and you'll have a much better time! Off the subject, but related to other posts I would like to know exactly what are considered inappropriate jeans? Does it refer to blue denim, like Levi 501's or Wranglers? Or does it also include jeans made of other fabrics and in other colors? On this cruise I wore read jeans, a red & white stripped shirt with a white linen blazer. I also wore white cotton jeans with a blue & white shirt with a blue blazer. A lot of other men also dressed this way and we all looked great![/quote']