Bali Hai

Swampduck

Hi all,

Just off the Silhouette last Saturday, and a few days before I left I discovered a lovely cocktail called Bali Hai, which I got in the "ensemble lounge" of course, I didnt really pay any head to the ingredients and now I would love to make one, so, if anyone is on one of the ships and pick this up, would you please have a look and see what is in it....

or if you any one knows .. . . please let me know.

thanks in advance

debbie :D

Hi all,

Just off the Silhouette last Saturday, and a few days before I left I discovered a lovely cocktail called Bali Hai, which I got in the "ensemble lounge" of course, I didnt really pay any head to the ingredients and now I would love to make one, so, if anyone is on one of the ships and pick this up, would you please have a look and see what is in it....

or if you any one knows .. . . please let me know.

thanks in advance

debbie :D

Scale ingredients to servings 2 oz light rum

1 oz aguardiente brandy

2 ozfresh lime juice

2 ozfresh lemon juice

1 tsp orgeat syrup

1 tsp grenadine syrup

fill with Champagne

Shake ingredients (except champagne) with cracked ice and pour into a collins glass. Fill with champag

Hi I also loved The Bali Hai on the Equinox and watched the barman make it. He used black currant liqueur, Malibu, passion fruit juice. He whizzed those in a mixer with ice. No idea about the proportions. The previous poster's recipe sound much more posh though and is probably the proper one!

Hi I also loved The Bali Hai on the Equinox and watched the barman make it. He used black currant liqueur, Malibu, passion fruit juice. He whizzed those in a mixer with ice. No idea about the proportions. The previous poster's recipe sound much more posh though and is probably the proper one!

Hi

I think that sounds like it.... I bought Raspberry liqueur today, thinking that was in it... any how, I will try and make it up... & i'll let you know how I get on.:D

• 8 months later...

The Bali Hai from the Mast Bar on the Equinox was by far my favorite drink!! I asked the bar tender how to make it, he said pour Bols or Chambord in the bottom of a glass, blend passion fruit purée ( they use Island Oasis which I couldn't find) with coconut rum and ice, that's it... Just have to figure out measurements!! They're great!!

No idea about the drink, but now the song is stuck in my head (from South Pacific) so thanks LOL

Me too:D...I love that movie......and if I remember, I will have to

try the drink as well:)

And you want to hear something really ironic? The lady from Bali?

Her name was Bloody Mary:D...she was the middle aged woman who

tried to get the Lt together with Liat......oops sorry for getting

off topic!

The Bali Hai from the Mast Bar on the Equinox was by far my favorite drink!! I asked the bar tender how to make it, he said pour Bols or Chambord in the bottom of a glass, blend passion fruit purée ( they use Island Oasis which I couldn't find) with coconut rum and ice, that's it... Just have to figure out measurements!! They're great!!

I LOVE Chambord:)....one of my favorite things:D.....I don't

normally drink rum too much but I will have to try this one:)

OMG, did not know about this when we sailed Equinox! Guess I'll have to go back!

I LOVE Chambord:)....one of my favorite things:D.....I don't

normally drink rum too much but I will have to try this one:)

Just reading the recipes is making my teeth hurt. I'll put my Chambord in champagne. It's a lot easier:D

Me too:D...I love that movie......and if I remember, I will have to

try the drink as well:)

And you want to hear something really ironic? The lady from Bali?

Her name was Bloody Mary:D...she was the middle aged woman who

tried to get the Lt together with Liat......oops sorry for getting

off topic!

I HAVE to respond to this, off topic or, not. :o

I have ALWAYS loved that movie, seeing it for the first time back in the late 50's. It inspired me to go into the U.S. NAVY. I ALWAYS wondered where it was filmed. The beach scenes, where alot was filmed...

and, Bali Hai.

I found out, some of the movie was filmed on Kauai.

Once on a cruise to Kauai, I hired a guide to take us to that beach where it was filmed..I have been there.. So awesome seeing, and, actually being on that beach on the north shore of Kauai, doubling as that "South Pacific" island. Part of that beach is at Hanalei Beach Kauai. There are several beaches they used in scenes. Most are around the Hanalei area.

And, I was told, there was not actual "Bali Hai", but, Makana Mountain on the north shore of Kauai, was superimposed on the film as Bali Hai...

(See what one learns on Cruise Critic? :rolleyes:

I HAVE to respond to this, off topic or, not. :o

I have ALWAYS loved that movie, seeing it for the first time back in the late 50's. It inspired me to go into the U.S. NAVY. I ALWAYS wondered where it was filmed. The beach scenes, where alot was filmed...

and, Bali Hai.

I found out, some of the movie was filmed on Kauai.

Once on a cruise to Kauai, I hired a guide to take us to that beach where it was filmed..I have been there.. So awesome seeing, and, actually being on that beach on the north shore of Kauai, doubling as that "South Pacific" island. Part of that beach is at Hanalei Beach Kauai. There are several beaches they used in scenes. Most are around the Hanalei area.

And, I was told, there was not actual "Bali Hai", but, Makana Mountain on the north shore of Kauai, was superimposed on the film as Bali Hai...

(See what one learns on Cruise Critic? :rolleyes:

Many thanks to one of our heroes!