Baltimore

JackieH

Has anyone stayed at Holiday inn express inner harbor russel street before. A cruise? We just booked it for overnight before our cruise in Dec.. $139 2 queen beds , breakfast , parking for the week and shuttle to and back ., it seemed like an ok price .. Anybody been there ?

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone stayed at Holiday inn express inner harbor russel street before. A cruise? We just booked it for overnight before our cruise in Dec.. $139 2 queen beds , breakfast , parking for the week and shuttle to and back ., it seemed like an ok price .. Anybody been there ?

we will be cruising out of Balitmore for the first time in January and this might be where we book as well just started looking at hotel options and say your post :-) .. would love input if anyone has had experience with this hotel. does the shuttle take you to the port? also is it close to the airport and does it have a airport shuttle? I just see on the website that it has the shuttle but not sure what all it takes you to and from.

or any other hotels that aren't extremely expensive that are close to things to do but also close to the port.

As a native of Baltimore I have never had the need to stay there.

Based on the threads on this and other forums quite a few cruisers have stayed there with mixed experiences.

I can tell you for certain that it is relatively close to BWI. Leave the airport via 295 (Baltimore/Washington Parkway) and it becomes Russell St. in Baltimore. It is very near the intersection of I-95 and 295 just over a viaduct leading downtown.

I can also tell you for certain that it is very near the Greyhound Bus Station, if not adjacent to it. It is in the shadows of both Oriole Park at Camden Yards (Orioles) and M&T Bank Stadium (Ravens) in what I would characterize as an industrial area [little or no shopping or restaurants nearby].

I personally would not stay there.

Unfortunately, I have no alternative to recommend in its price range. I'd prefer the hotels near the airport [one also close to the Light Rail Line to get to the Inner Harbor area], Harbor East or Fells Point.

Have you checked the Cruise Maryland website for suggestions? It has an extensive list: http://www.cruise.maryland.gov/content/hotels

Stayed there once and it had VERY noisey before and after game parties. Just make sure your stay and game day are not one and the same!!!!Will never return as there was no dining or even fast food near by and the area (bus station) did not leave me feeling safe.

I have no idea about the cost, but we looked at staying at Pier 4 Hotel as it is very close to aquarium, and when I was looking at their site, they were advertising a cruise/park package. They are in the heart of the inner Barbour area, so probably not that cheap...lol

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn on Belle Grove Road twice before. They have a free continental breakfast. There are restaurants nearby, including Dunkin donuts, as I need my coffee!! They are reasonably priced and the shuttle

Driver is very nice. The pick up

Takes a little while sometimes, but that is everywhere I believe!!

Also this hotel

Is less than 5 minutes to

The light rail if you want to go

Downtown.

• 2 months later...

I would definitely stay there again. We were there Dec 7. Check in was easy and fast, the ladies behind the desk were extremely helpful and friendly. We took the shuttle to the inner harbor that evening. They ran every 30 minutes and was easy to use. Our room was updated and clean, and faced the outdoor pool that was closed. We heard NO noise at all. Half the hotel was for the cruise, the other half was for the Ravens game the next day. We took the 10am shuttle to the cruise ship, and ran into no traffic or construction.. The breakfast was fine, and plenty of seating. Our car was still in the parking lot when we came back. I have no complaints at all about this hotel and would stay again.

Edited by JackieH

• 1 year later...
We have stayed at the Sleep Inn on Belle Grove Road twice before. They have a free continental breakfast. There are restaurants nearby, including Dunkin donuts, as I need my coffee!! They are reasonably priced and the shuttle

Driver is very nice. The pick up

Takes a little while sometimes, but that is everywhere I believe!!

Also this hotel

Is less than 5 minutes to

The light rail if you want to go

Downtown.

Hi, OT2B2004. You posted over a year ago that you have stayed in Sleep Inn on Belle Grove Road in Baltimore. We booked it for this winter as PARK and CRUISE and will leave a car there for 9 nights. I was just wondering if it is a safe area to do so. Would hate to come back to a car with smashed windows and other issues I have read about on this forum happening in other areas of Baltimore. I hope you will see this message and get back to me. BTW, I believe Sleep inn is now Best Western North Inn and Suites BWI.

Thank You.

We are staying at the Wingate Wyndham. Located in Linthicum Heights.

Park and cruise package. Has anyone stayed there?

Have not stayed there but are familiar with the area. Used to work about 1/2 mile from the hotel. It's in a corporate park type area..Northrop Grumman and other companies. There is a movie theater & restaurants nearby as well as a full service Marriott but no shopping.

By the way, I have relatives in Downsview & Thornhill Ont.

It's one night & includes parking. As long as it's clean & safe who cares if it's not the best hotel you have ever stayed in? It will be fine.

Wander through Inner Harbor. Take a photo with the Constitution. Get something to eat in Fells Point where the food is better than the cookie cutter stuff you will get in Inner Harbor & at any mall near you. Avail yourself of the Charm City Circulator -- the free busses that go throughout the city & make things really easy but do be vigilant.

Hi, OT2B2004. You posted over a year ago that you have stayed in Sleep Inn on Belle Grove Road in Baltimore. We booked it for this winter as PARK and CRUISE and will leave a car there for 9 nights. I was just wondering if it is a safe area to do so. Would hate to come back to a car with smashed windows and other issues I have read about on this forum happening in other areas of Baltimore. I hope you will see this message and get back to me. BTW, I believe Sleep inn is now Best Western North Inn and Suites BWI.

Thank You.

I am currently in the Best Western in Elkridge, right now as I speak.. It all seems just fine.. its about 20 minutes away from the port. Its away from the hustle and bustle... we cruise out tomorrow for a 10 night New Years Cruise...

We booked through trinity reservations and it comes with free breakfast, free wifi, and free shuttle to the port ..

They gave us a parking pass and an area to park, and then a card with a number to call when we return from our cruise...

So far so good....we have 2 more cruises booked out of Baltimore, and will for sure stay here again

Feel free to check reviews on tripadvisor :D

Happy cruising!

Edited by mapleleafvoyage

• 3 weeks later...

Just a follow up from my post.

Cruise was beautiful, and this deal for sleep,park and cruise deal worked perfect!!

You pick a time to be taken to the port, its about a 20 minute drive.

Once you return to port and have your luggage, you call them and then they come. Everything went smoothly. And, I will be doing this again.

• 1 month later...
Just a follow up from my post.

Cruise was beautiful, and this deal for sleep,park and cruise deal worked perfect!!

You pick a time to be taken to the port, its about a 20 minute drive.

Once you return to port and have your luggage, you call them and then they come. Everything went smoothly. And, I will be doing this again.

Can you tell me what type of area do they put your vehicle in while you are gone? Did it seem safe and that no one would mess with the vehicle? Is it in a different area than the cars that are parked and going in and out just staying there?

HI there,

Here is a photo (sorry for the dark, we were up early)

This is taken from the side of the hotel, where you would be coming in off off the street... so by looking dead on this photo, to the left (across the lot) is a pub/restaurant (we didn't go) there is a restaurant with free breakfast in the hotel.

The free shuttle picks you up right at the front doors here. (looking at picture, its to the left.) And, drops you off around the right behind your vehicle. The driver was great and stopped by each persons car.

To the right of the picture, around the corner, is where you park. Your given a ticket to display in on your dash. There were plenty of vehicles parked while everyone is out cruising. If the row is full, you could park in another row. The lot isn't gated, but it was secure (enough for us) The hotel is located in a more of a residential area, seemed very quiet ...

We drove into DC and parked around the corner of the White House (we were there December 26, and not busy when we were there. It was easy to get around, probably because it was a holiday.

We enjoyed staying here, it isn't fancy, but it sure wasnt a dump either.

(we did try and find the other hotels that we saw on trinityreservations . com

they were much closer to the port, but we never did find them.

We were happy enough with this hotel deal, that we are booked again for April.

Hopefully this helps.... any other questions, and I can try and answer., we are not native to Baltimore, we just drove there from Ontario Canada.. and we were happy.

IMG_2237.jpg

Edited by mapleleafvoyage

Thank you so much for the picture and awesome explanation. I really appreciate it.

Since you mentioned driving into DC, I have now been thinking about maybe even coming in a day earlier and driving there myself to see the sites and get some pictures. Can you tell me where did you park when you went there? How expensive was it?

We were there Dec.26th, and it was eerily quiet... not busy at all. We parked right on the street. For a couple of dollars... Now, again, I stress, we know nothing about this area.. we just flew by the seat of our pants, and drove in and back.. The GPS did all the work.

When we cruise this April, we are actually going back to New York for a day of running around the city.. we LOVED NYC!!!! and then driving to Baltimore the night before we cruise...

We are obviously not swayed from driving anywhere.. I consider my dh a very experinced driver... we drive everywhere, lol