Carry passports?

sk8beaker8

There are also places that will ask you to leave some sort of an ID when renting an audioguide, for example. I'd much rather leave them my DL than my passport.
This is what I do as well. In fact, I have an expired license that I carry for just this purpose - no one has ever checked the date on the license, they just look at the picture and reassure themselves that it looks enough like me to accept it.

Recent Princess embarkation day Patters state that cruisers must carry passports, not photocopies, when out and about in Venice. Personally, I have no problem with this as I carry mine in a hidden pouch attached to my belt.

I would prefer to carry a photocopy, but wonder whether anyone in an official capacity would find it proves identity. I can't imagine trying to reenter the USA with a photocopy or presenting a police office with a photocopy of a drivers license.

Lew

P8231572.jpg

I think this has to do with port officials in Venice, who check passports when passengers board or re-board ships.

Yep. We had this problem when we were in Venice this past November. Was a pain in the neck (because I carry my Passports in a holder that is around my neck) and they did ask to see the passports every time we came back to the port. This is the only port in Western Europe where we have had this problem.

Hank

Archived