Liberty Tours Jamaica, Custom Tours from Falmouth?

sundayb

Has anyone used this tour company before that can give us any info/insight?

There are a lot of companies out there and we are trying to find one for our Allure cruise this November. If so where did you go while docked in Falmouth? What time can you get off the ship to meet them?

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by sundayb
Addition

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1888602

There is a link from another thread on here. You have to read thru the other postings. I was on this tour with Dee, the girl who posted this and the pictures. Take a look at the pictures..the Secret Falls were amazing!

I was on the Allure, and the ship docked around 10am. We were able to get off at 10:30am, and Ricardo was our driver for Liberty Tours Jamaica waiting right near the shops inside the gate. This was the HIGHLIGHT of our trip!

Hi. We used LTJ in July when we ported in Ocho Rios. Ricardo was our guide and he took us to Hidden Falls, Scotchies for lunch and some shopping. It was my wife and I and our 2 teenage kids. We could not have asked for a better time or more professional guide. Ricardo was excellent and took very good care of us! I know he is flexible as far as itineraries so if you tell him what you're interested in he will cater to your desires. Would certainly use LTJ again if/when we port in that part of jamaica in the future. We now consider Ricardo a friend. Have a great time on your cruise! -Brian

We just got off ALLURE 3 wks ago and went to Secret Falls. The ship docked in Falmouth and our group of 8 had pre-arranged a tour

with Liberty Tours Jamaica. Ricardo Riley was our driver.

He can customize what ever you want to do for the day, and his price

was very reasonable. google their website and email Rob. They treated us very well and customized our tour to what we wanted to do. Rob even called us a few times to confirm our day tour. Ricardo is a native of Jamaica and knows all the history about the Island.

He picked us up inside the gate at the port and had a spotless clean Toyota minivan. He was very informative on the trip to Ocho Rios, where we went to the top of the Irie Blue Hole (also know as Secret Falls), We spent about 2 hrs there exploring with our guides. There is a rope swing also they help you do.

Two from our group did the river tubing, so Ricardo dropped them off and in the meantime took us to Shaw Park, which is a great view up high over looking Ocho Rios. I took some great photos there!

Then we picked up our friends at the bottom of the river tubing adventure and headed to Scotchies for lunch. It was the BEST jerk chicken!!!

Also we all had Red Stripes for $2.

This was the HIGHLIGHT of our cruise this year! I love doing new things.

Ricardo made a great memory for our entire group we will never forget!

take a look at LIBERTY TOURS JAMAICA! I give it 5 STARS!!

Thank You, Rosebud1g.

This is the info I was searching for. I have read positive reviews about Liberty Tours Jamaica on Trip Advisor, including the one you wrote. I like the idea about the driver personalizing the tour to fit our needs. That's one thing I disliked about taking the ship tours-they won't do that. :eek:

I will be booking Liberty Tours soon!

I used Liberty Tours Jamaica last year. I was originally booked with a different tour guide, but he had to take a larger booking and had organised for me to taken by Ricardo. And I am glad he did.

I had Ricardo to myself for the whole day and took me to some amazing places in MoBay and the Rocklands Bird Sanctuary.

Ricardo knows his history and all the good places that are not overly touristy and will take care of you and prevent and aggressive sellers selling their stuff to you.

If you are looking for gifts / trinkets, make sure you tell Ricardo at the begining and he will take you to a great place. Also, if you go to MoBay, make sure you ask Ricardo to take you to his friend who makes sugar cane and fresh cold cocunut drink.

Overall, an experience not to be missed.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to the board and new to cruising. I was looking at the Liberty Tours website and see they are requiring at least 4 people to do a tour out of Falmouth now. We are cruising to Jamaica on the 10th of December with RCCL, if anyone else is and wants to see the blue hole let me know. It's just my husband and I right now and we really want to go but it seems we might not be able to make it until we find more people.

I'm new to the board and new to cruising. I was looking at the Liberty Tours website and see they are requiring at least 4 people to do a tour out of Falmouth now. We are cruising to Jamaica on the 10th of December with RCCL, if anyone else is and wants to see the blue hole let me know. It's just my husband and I right now and we really want to go but it seems we might not be able to make it until we find more people.

They do not require 4 or more people- I see on the website that it has been updated. email them and they will customize a trip for you even if it is just you and your husband. Here is a suggestion- go to your Roll Call forum and post there if anyone there is interested in going with you to the Irie Blue Hole. That's exactly how I went there! A friend I met on our roll call arranged the entire trip with LTJ and Ricardo. I met her and her family at the Meet & Mingle onboard.

I have done other private tours this way too! Give it a try!!

Sugar addict,

I there's anything I can help you with planning your cruise just ask! I've been cruising a long time and live on these boards! I have learned so much over the years thru this site. You can email me at my screen name above- just add msn.com ! I have pics of the blue hole. That place was incredible!

I did a tour with him on my cruise within the past couple of weeks.... I was the only passenger.

So far I've contacted Courtney Taylor Tours, Peat Taylor Tours, and then Liberty Tours. Trying to see who has the best price. Courtney Taylor quoted $150 transportation fee and $15 for the Blue Hole, Peat Taylor responded back with a very short sentence saying it was $50 for the Blue Hole inclusive of the entry fee. (Obviously I'd choose Peat over Courtney at this point). Gonna wait to hear what Liberty Tours says.

So far I've contacted Courtney Taylor Tours, Peat Taylor Tours, and then Liberty Tours. Trying to see who has the best price. Courtney Taylor quoted $150 transportation fee and $15 for the Blue Hole, Peat Taylor responded back with a very short sentence saying it was $50 for the Blue Hole inclusive of the entry fee. (Obviously I'd choose Peat over Courtney at this point). Gonna wait to hear what Liberty Tours says.

SugarAddict. Doing an excursion with Peat Tours is no different to doing a ships tour. Yes they are cheap, but not value for money. You go at their pace, not yours. Also, you won't get a personal service.

Please chose carefully.

SugarAddict. Doing an excursion with Peat Tours is no different to doing a ships tour. Yes they are cheap, but not value for money. You go at their pace, not yours. Also, you won't get a personal service.

Please chose carefully.

I agree- I saw a HUGE bus load of people on Peat Taylor's tour.

I was SO HAPPY we went with Liberty Tours Jamaica and had Ricardo.

We were on OUR time- NOT theirs. I noticed them waiting a long time too for people to arrive to fill up Taylors bus.

Ricardo scooped us up and away we went....got to the falls LONG before they did!!!! hahahah

I emailed them this morning. :) I also have already posted in my cruise's roll call, and searched the thread for the term "blue hole" but it appears no one else has mentioned it. ;)

That's a good start posting in your roll call!!! It would be great if you could get a group of CC people to go with you. This place is FAR better than Dunn's! I have done both and the Irie Blue Hole is 1000X better.

NO CROWDS!!! No ship excursions!!

Believe it or not I had never heard of the Irie Blue Hole either! TG for our roll calls!

Try typing in "IRIE BLUE HOLE", maybe it will come up that way.

Those pictures above don't show the water like it really is.... BLUE!

I have great pics. I need to figure out how to post them here.

I can email them to you though!

HOLY COW...that is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Liberty is no where near that $$$$$$$$$

BTW Peat and Courtney are related.......

Edited by rosebud1g
addition

That's a good start posting in your roll call!!! It would be great if you could get a group of CC people to go with you. This place is FAR better than Dunn's! I have done both and the Irie Blue Hole is 1000X better.

NO CROWDS!!! No ship excursions!!

Believe it or not I had never heard of the Irie Blue Hole either! TG for our roll calls!

Try typing in "IRIE BLUE HOLE", maybe it will come up that way.

Those pictures above don't show the water like it really is.... BLUE!

I have great pics. I need to figure out how to post them here.

I can email them to you though!

I agree the pics I posted were a bit merky... however it rained the night before.

To best upload the images, upload to something like Photobucket and copy and paste the image to the thread.

I agree- I saw a HUGE bus load of people on Peat Taylor's tour.

I was SO HAPPY we went with Liberty Tours Jamaica and had Ricardo.

We were on OUR time- NOT theirs. I noticed them waiting a long time too for people to arrive to fill up Taylors bus.

Ricardo scooped us up and away we went....got to the falls LONG before they did!!!! hahahah

I booked Ricardo twice (been to Jamaica twice so far) and he always delivers.

Regardless of who you go with, if you get the chance, go and see this fella.

9838751983_e76e5119d3_c.jpg

And no, this isn't Ricardo's part time job. :p

May I suggest that you have a look at Tripadvisor for both Peat Taylor and Ricardo.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g147311-d2108538-Reviews-Peat_Taylor_Tours-Montego_Bay_Saint_James_Parish_Jamaica.html

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g147311-d3738843-Reviews-Liberty_Tours_Jamaica_Day_Tours-Montego_Bay_Saint_James_Parish_Jamaica.html

Read all the reviews for both tour guides. If you can't take our word for it, at least look at Tripadvisor. Yes it is possible that people can write fake reports on review sites, but if you trust Tripadvisor, at least look at the number of recommendations for both and judge for yourself. Look at a number of things. Look at the dates of the review, and read all the reviews critically.

Sorry if I am seen to be pushy, I just don't want you to be disappointed. Yes, some people have had great experiences with Peat Tours, but if he is that good, why has he got less reviews than Liberty Tours?

If you go with Liberty and you are even the slightest bit disappointed with what he offers, I'll give him a hard time!