Liberty Tours Jamaica, Custom Tours from Falmouth?

sundayb

Trust me, LTJ price WILL BE LOWER. I did the same thing... spend hours contacting the other vendors searching for the lowest price. NONE could even come close to what LTJ offered. Save yourself the headache...seriously LTJ is the best one out there! I will def be using them again when I return back to Jamaica. Ricardo made our day special and very memorable.

I think it's important for Beach710 does some research before making a decision. I agree that Liberty Tours Jamaica is a great company, but if it is out of their budget, no matter how much we promote LTJ, they won't take it up.

lower? How about sharing how much you paid with the your tour details

thanks

To be honest Beach710, no matter how much we paid for our tour with Liberty Tours Jamaica, it wouldn't make any difference to how much you will be quoted, as every itinerary will be different.

The way I see it, you will need to contact a few Tour Guides with your requirements, and decide which one is best for you. A few people have recommended Liberty Tours to you, because of our experiences, not because of how much we were charged. It is up to you to determine who you should go with based on your research.

If you are happy to go with a group tour and not have the control as to how much time you spend at each point, then that's fair play.

My advice is not to get too bogged down with how much everyone has paid for their experiences with any Tour Guide, as it will only set to confuse you, and you could end up making the wrong choice.

Can you folks tell me if this is reasonable? Family of 4, Blue Hole, Scotchies, Shaw Park, stop for shopping at a local market, etc. 4-5 hrs for $195 (includes entry fee for Blue Hole).

Thanks!

That is pretty much exactly what I was quoted for the same thing.

lower? How about sharing how much you paid with the your tour details

thanks

Well I can tell you that Taylors quoted $90 pp to go to secret falls. Thats why we DID NOT go with them.

LTJ was no where even close to that price. It is best to email LTJ for a price depending on what you want to do. They can package things differently. We went to Scotchies, but paid ourselves. I know on the website it can be a package tour.

We went with a group of 8 people and divided our transportation costs that way and added a tip. It is best to deal directly with LTJ than go with what price I recieved.

Sorry about the double post above. I was on my phone and thought the 1st post was cancelled. Anyway I know I sound the a broken record but I find it strange that that instead of saying we only paid $, people use words like reasonable or much lower. I did get a quote - my query was I just wanted to go on a tour that went to the secret falls. It's only the 2 of us but we'd be glad to go with a group. The response was quick: $250 for the 2 of us and if more people wanted to go it would be $75 per person. I hope someone can use this information.

Sorry about the double post above. I was on my phone and thought the 1st post was cancelled. Anyway I know I sound the a broken record but I find it strange that that instead of saying we only paid $, people use words like reasonable or much lower. I did get a quote - my query was I just wanted to go on a tour that went to the secret falls. It's only the 2 of us but we'd be glad to go with a group. The response was quick: $250 for the 2 of us and if more people wanted to go it would be $75 per person. I hope someone can use this information.

Which port are you starting from? And is the quote just the Secret Falls? I would find it unusual if Ricardo would charge you $250 just for one thing. I understand you may want to go with Peat Tours, and if you do go with them, just bear in mind that there is little flexibility in what they provide. They pretty much call the shots.

Which port are you starting from? And is the quote just the Secret Falls? I would find it unusual if Ricardo would charge you $250 just for one thing. I understand you may want to go with Peat Tours, and if you do go with them, just bear in mind that there is little flexibility in what they provide. They pretty much call the shots.

We are starting from Falmouth as the title of the thread indicates. No Ricardo didn't quote me $250 for one thing - of course not - he provides tours. My only request was for a tour that goes to the Secret Falls / Irie Blue Hole. He responded with a tour itinerary, that includes lunch and sightseeing with a 4 to 5 hour duration. I think it's a fair price for custom / private tour. It's probably a good average cost that people can use when researching a trip with Liberty Tours to the secret falls. Most people understand if they go on a private tour there is more flexibility than with on a group tour with strangers. My intent has never been to discourage anyone from using Liberty Tours. Cruise Critic is a wonderful resource for finding DIY excursions while on a cruise so you avoid ship's overpriced / over-crowded / underwhelming excursions.

Since I am the "people" you are referring to, I feel that it's a private matter what fee we paid and wish not to discuss it on here. It's like asking people you work with what their salary is. Since you only have 2 people and we had 8, naturally the price would be different considering the cost of fuel and time. My suggestion would be for you to go on your roll call and ask if otherswould be interested in joining your tour.

Since I am the "people" you are referring to, I feel that it's a private matter what fee we paid and wish not to discuss it on here. It's like asking people you work with what their salary is. Since you only have 2 people and we had 8, naturally the price would be different considering the cost of fuel and time. My suggestion would be for you to go on your roll call and ask if otherswould be interested in joining your tour.

It's understandable you feel what you pay for something is a private matter. Talking about money can be considered crass but I feel you brought up the subject of cost without providing specifics. In your future reviews / discussion of Liberty Tours maybe you should not address price/cost at all.

We are starting from Falmouth as the title of the thread indicates. No Ricardo didn't quote me $250 for one thing - of course not - he provides tours. My only request was for a tour that goes to the Secret Falls / Irie Blue Hole. He responded with a tour itinerary, that includes lunch and sightseeing with a 4 to 5 hour duration. I think it's a fair price for custom / private tour. It's probably a good average cost that people can use when researching a trip with Liberty Tours to the secret falls. Most people understand if they go on a private tour there is more flexibility than with on a group tour with strangers. My intent has never been to discourage anyone from using Liberty Tours. Cruise Critic is a wonderful resource for finding DIY excursions while on a cruise so you avoid ship's overpriced / over-crowded / underwhelming excursions.

You can always negotiate the Itinerary with Ricardo if he has included something you don't like. His email should be taken as a suggestion. As it takes between 45 minutes to an hour (approx.) to get to Ocho Rios from Falmouth, it may (and I emphasise may) be worth seeing something else in addition to the Irie Blue Hole. However, if you are happy to just do the Irie Blue Hole, then let Ricardo know that's all you want to do. He is a reasonable person and can adjust the plan according to what you want to do. However, whatever you decide to do, hope you have a great cruise, and a wonderful time at the ports that you are visiting. :)

It's understandable you feel what you pay for something is a private matter. Talking about money can be considered crass but I feel you brought up the subject of cost without providing specifics. In your future reviews / discussion of Liberty Tours maybe you should not address price/cost at all.

I was just stating that out of the other 4 tour companies we contacted, LTJ was the lowest price. So with our group of 8 we were able to get a van for our group only and it fit our needs. We did not want to be with a bus load of people waiting around to load and unload. Discussing the price we paid would not impact your tour unless you planned to do the EXACT same itinerary we did and if you have 8 people to go with. You said before you had 2 people. Prices can fluctuate at any time especially with the price of fuel.

I too am booked in November with Ricardo. I don't feel comfortable discussing prices either on here. That's why its called a "custom" tour.

No two tours are exactly alike. I can say what Ricardo emailed our group is a fair price and none of the ship tours or other companies could compare. I chose Ricardo because of the recommendations on the Jamaica boards and trip advisor. I am so looking forward to our trip!!

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from the September 29th sailing on FOS to the WC.

We booked out tour prior to sailing with Liberty, and had Ricardo as our driver.

This was the best thing we did all cruise, and I could not recommend him enough.

He was extremely knowledgeable, accommodating, and safe. His van was very clean and comfortable, and my wife and I were part of a small group with two other gentleman.

We did what seems to be the popular choice, and went to the Secret Falls, Scotches for lunch, shopping, and sight-seeing before heading back to the ship.

The tour was extremely affordable, away from the large crowds, and very personal. I would recommend this to everyone I know, if you want a very personal experience in Jamaica.

If anyone has specific questions, I would be willing to answer!

We just got back from the September 29th sailing on FOS to the WC.

We booked out tour prior to sailing with Liberty, and had Ricardo as our driver.

This was the best thing we did all cruise, and I could not recommend him enough.

He was extremely knowledgeable, accommodating, and safe. His van was very clean and comfortable, and my wife and I were part of a small group with two other gentleman.

We did what seems to be the popular choice, and went to the Secret Falls, Scotches for lunch, shopping, and sight-seeing before heading back to the ship.

The tour was extremely affordable, away from the large crowds, and very personal. I would recommend this to everyone I know, if you want a very personal experience in Jamaica.

If anyone has specific questions, I would be willing to answer!

My question to you is.... did you jump into the Irie Blue Hole?

While it seemed like most people were just there to watch and observe, I had a bucket list item to check off.

Yes, I jumped multiple times. AND got it on video with my Gopro!

Interesting tid-bit however which made it a bit more challenging. The big black pipe at the falls that diverts most of the water away from the falls and down to the city was closed that morning for repairs, so the water fall and river was RAGING. It was quite a work-out swimming from A to B, which I guess is not normally the case.

It was the best.

While it seemed like most people were just there to watch and observe, I had a bucket list item to check off.

Yes, I jumped multiple times. AND got it on video with my Gopro!

Interesting tid-bit however which made it a bit more challenging. The big black pipe at the falls that diverts most of the water away from the falls and down to the city was closed that morning for repairs, so the water fall and river was RAGING. It was quite a work-out swimming from A to B, which I guess is not normally the case.

It was the best.

Glad you enjoyed it. :). I look forward to seeing some photos from your trip.

Beach710 when are you going? We are also a couple and where quoted the same price for same tour. We would have no problem sharing with someone else to lower the price. We are on the Oct 20th Allure

Unfortunately we are going in Nov. Thanks for asking.

I too am booked in November with Ricardo. I don't feel comfortable discussing prices either on here. That's why its called a "custom" tour.

No two tours are exactly alike. I can say what Ricardo emailed our group is a fair price and none of the ship tours or other companies could compare. I chose Ricardo because of the recommendations on the Jamaica boards and trip advisor. I am so looking forward to our trip!!

What is scotches ? And how was your experience in the local market , was there lots harassment from vendors ?

When did u get back on ship and what was your cruiseline ?

What is scotches ? And how was your experience in the local market , was there lots harassment from vendors ?

We did not go yet!! We are sailing on Allure OS next month and are booked with Liberty Tours Jamaica and Ricardo will be our driver.

We are going to Secret Falls and Scotchies for lunch. It is an outdoor restaurant that people rave about the jerk chicken that is grilled. I also have heard they sell Red Stripe beer for $2. I will check back in when I get home!

We went to Scotchies for lunch while on a private tour with Ricardo from Liberty Tours Jamaica while sailing on RCCL Allure of the Seas in August. Our ship docked in Falmouth at 10 am and left port at 7:15 pm. Ricardo took us back to the ship around 5:30 pm. We went to the Tajmahall Shopping center in Ocho Rios and did not have a problem with vendors pushing their goods.

What port is your ship going to?

Novice & Rosebud1g...

I just got off the phone with Ricardo ... told him how highly recommended he was ...and we just booked our private tour with him for our trip in December!

Thank you so much for your recommendations -- I know we'll be in very good hands!

Novice ... Ricardo remembers you well... says hello!

Novice & Rosebud1g...

I just got off the phone with Ricardo ... told him how highly recommended he was ...and we just booked our private tour with him for our trip in December!

Thank you so much for your recommendations -- I know we'll be in very good hands!

Novice ... Ricardo remembers you well... says hello!

AWESOME!!

Ricardo was the best guide I've ever had anywhere! He is very accommodating!

You will have a wonderful day! Sure wish I could get back there soon. I have lots of pics I can share if you want to email me or Facebook me! Screen name above @msn.com

Edited by rosebud1g

We went to Scotchies for lunch while on a private tour with Ricardo from Liberty Tours Jamaica while sailing on RCCL Allure of the Seas in August. Our ship docked in Falmouth at 10 am and left port at 7:15 pm. Ricardo took us back to the ship around 5:30 pm. We went to the Tajmahall Shopping center in Ocho Rios and did not have a problem with vendors pushing their goods.

What port is your ship going to?

Ocho :)