Royal Nursery

Straight from Mr. Goldstein's blog:

Do you plan to offer more programs for children under 3 in the future? - Wendy M.

In 2011 we introduced a new program to select ships in the fleet entitled Maritime Music. Maritime Music is a mommy and me music experience for children ages 6 months to 5 years. We have teamed up with the Midtown School of Performing Arts in Tulsa, Oklahoma for parents to have the opportunity to interact with their child in a musical setting while onboard. The ships that carry this program are: Oasis, Allure, Liberty, Freedom, Radiance, Explorer and Mariner. Five additional ships will receive the Maritime Music Program in 2012.

Currently we offer Fisher-Price Playgroups fleetwide on all of our 22 ships. These are for ages 6 to18 months (Royal Babies) and 18 to 36 months (Royal Tots). The play groups take place throughout the voyage, there is a 45 minute play experience for parents to interact with their babies and tots. Curriculum and toys are provided by our partners at Fisher-Price.

Our private destination, CoCoCay has a Fisher-Price PowerWheels track that is specifically for children ages 2 through 5. Parents can accompany their children while they enjoy the PowerWheels on our outdoor track.

The fleet also offers an interactive experience for mom and tots entitled Crayola Beginnings. This program was created by our partners at Crayola for parents and toddlers (ages 18 to 36 months) to experience art in a fun playful environment. This program is fleetwide and is offered throughout the voyage.

Our company has taken a closer look at accommodating the Under 3 age group since 2011, where we retrofitted four ships, Liberty, Freedom, Radiance, Splendour, with Royal Babies and Tots Nurseries. These four ships in addition to Oasis and Allure give us six fully functional nurseries with drop off service for children ages 6 to 36 months.

In 2012 there are three ships confirmed to receive Nurseries: Rhapsody, Mariner and Grandeur.

My son & dil will only sail on Disney because of the nursery. I was trying to convince them to try RCI since they added the nursery.

Which ships are they on and what does everyone think of them ?

This link shows which ship has already had a nursery added and when the others are scheduled.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf

I don't have direct experience with it, because my kids are a bit older, but everytime I passed by the nursery on Oasis the babies were being rocked/read to/ played with on the floor. It looked wonderful and calm and the room was so pleasant. Even my husband commented on how cheerful the caregivers were and he is not one to notice!

Also the free play room (not the drop off nursery, the other play area) for the little kids was loaded with brand new toys. My 4 year old wanted to go in!

We used the nursery on the Allure when our son was 17 months old. It was absolutely PHENOMENAL!

Feel free to read my Allure review (link in my signature). I talk about the Royal Babies and Tots Nursery, as well as other areas on the ship dedicated to small children.

Agree that the nursery was really really super and worked so well for our then 10 month old GD on the Oasis. My son and DIL felt very comfortable with leaving Haley (DIL is a school teacher) and everything I observed gave me comfort as well.

The staff was so good and accommodated all requests. Everything was documented during her stay and her parents were supplied with a phone so the staff could call if necessary.

It was well worth the $8/hr for her parents to enjoy a nice evening dinner and show while she was happy in the nursery.

Deb

Agree that the nursery was really really super and worked so well for our then 10 month old GD on the Oasis. My son and DIL felt very comfortable with leaving Haley (DIL is a school teacher) and everything I observed gave me comfort as well.

The staff was so good and accommodated all requests. Everything was documented during her stay and her parents were supplied with a phone so the staff could call if necessary.

It was well worth the $8/hr for her parents to enjoy a nice evening dinner and show while she was happy in the nursery.

Deb

Totally agree with everything in your post! We loved having the option on Allure, it gave us the Freedom to enjoy the ship in the evenings as adults. Even during nap times in the afternoon our daughter would love to go there and slept very well in the crib. Also, every time we called last second, the staff were happy to accommodate us. When cruising with a infant/toddler under three, I would not sail on a ship without a nursery.

Our DD has been on 7 cruises with a nursery starting at 11 months. As others have said it's great. She is at daycare so that helps that she's used to being with others. The toy lending program is also something that most overlook. It's great to be able to check out a bag of toys and trade it in when they are done with it. It's also a lot less to pack.

On the freedom ships we have received phones that they can call or you can call with any questions. On the Enchantment they issued pagers (though there are so many house phones around it's no problem to call.)

We find it great to take our DD after we eat so she can play for a bit and still get to bed early. They will feed the kids there though if you book during a meal time.

Also it looks like they lowered their prices for afternoon or morning hours (if open) to $6/hr before 5pm.

• 1 year later...
Totally agree with everything in your post! We loved having the option on Allure, it gave us the Freedom to enjoy the ship in the evenings as adults. Even during nap times in the afternoon our daughter would love to go there and slept very well in the crib. Also, every time we called last second, the staff were happy to accommodate us. When cruising with a infant/toddler under three, I would not sail on a ship without a nursery.

Did you have to reserve a spot in advance in order to drop the kids off for a few hours?