Chankanaab scuba diving ?

workathome

We are going to Cozumel and planning on going to Chankanaab. My son and husband want to scuba dive, I contacted Chankanaab and they said the only scuba they have is Dive with Dolphins. I thought I read some where that you can scuba dive at Chankanaab. One of the reasons I picked Chankanaab is so that everyone in our group could do something that they wanted. If there is an independent dive operator there, is there a way to get in contacted with them? I have a few questions ie. do they have perscription maskes. Thanks for any help, my son really wants to try scuba diving.

We have never scuba dived, but I can tell you that they have a dive shop there located right on the beach in front of the snorkeling/dive area. I know they rent the equipment and I know they had a sign out in front of it when we were there saying that they would certify you for the day while you were there as well with the classes. We have seen tons of people diving there. :confused: So I'm not sure what they are talking about.

Here's a picture my husband took of some divers

IMG_5768-M.jpg

Here's a picture I took of my daughter when we were standing in front of the dive shop

IMG_7961-M.jpg

Thank you so much, I thought I read you could dive there. When I received the email from Chankanaab I was surprised. They were very nice but stated only have dive with dolphins. I now believe those dive shops are independently run hence the reply from Chankanaab.

Thank you so much, I thought I read you could dive there. When I received the email from Chankanaab I was surprised. They were very nice but stated only have dive with dolphins. I now believe those dive shops are independently run hence the reply from Chankanaab.

This is just a thought, so I have no clue if it's "right".

I'm not sure HOW you contacted Chankanaab because it's a National Park and I have never seen any way to actually contact them. If you type in Chankanaab, you usually get the website for Dolphin Discovery, which is AT Chankanaab and located within the park, but it is not actually Chankanaab (if that makes sense). So, if this is the place you contacted, then yes, they are going to tell you about their swims (scuba swims or whatever they have), because that's what they do there.

I agree, the little dive shacks located there on the beach are probably independently ran (or ran by the park I'm not sure).

I slightly recall someone on here talking about these little dive shacks located here and they did have a "name" for them (like an operator name). You might try doing a search for it. I know it came up before and I was in a thread with the posting. I just can't recall what they were called. :)

We are going to Cozumel and planning on going to Chankanaab. My son and husband want to scuba dive, I contacted Chankanaab and they said the only scuba they have is Dive with Dolphins. I thought I read some where that you can scuba dive at Chankanaab. One of the reasons I picked Chankanaab is so that everyone in our group could do something that they wanted. If there is an independent dive operator there, is there a way to get in contacted with them? I have a few questions ie. do they have perscription maskes. Thanks for any help, my son really wants to try scuba diving.

there are 4 scuba dive shops inside chankanaab park, Zapata Divers, Sam Miguel divers, El Clavado and MJ´s , you can goole zapata divers cozumel and will find their website, they are indepent from the park

• 3 weeks later...

We used El Clavado in January. It was the first time for me and my 14 yr old daughter. The guide was amazing and pointed out things we would have never noticed. Lots of fish, eel, lobster, sea horse, etc... It was about $70 per person, and we were under water for about an hour. Drink lots of water before you go. It really dries out your mouth.

Archived