NCL cancelled our cruise ......

cmpaula

We have booked 2 cruises with NCL for 2014. The first was a lovely European cruise out of Rome with a penthouse suite to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. The next was a Panama Canal full transit out of Los Angeles. They moved the Panama Canal cruise back a week and completely cancelled the Europe cruise. They are giving us $50 each OBC and I am NOT happy. I have spoken with the "special desk" and they are not budging on the OBC. Has anyone had any experience with this? I am really furious about this.:mad:

look through a few pages of posts and see if you can find the threads about cancellations and charters. Seems to be a lot of this going on right now. Each of those threads have discussions on what to do about it.

Sorry that happened. I am sure you are disappointed but travel today is a new world. You book air, cruise, etc. and there is always a chance it will get cancelled. At least you have plenty of time to rearrange things. I am a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason", as my mom always says.

Sorry that happened. I am sure you are disappointed but travel today is a new world. You book air, cruise, etc. and there is always a chance it will get cancelled. At least you have plenty of time to rearrange things. I am a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason", as my mom always says.

I am disappointed the cruise was cancelled but the OBC is the thing I am angry about. That is NOT a way to keep customers.

Check the other threads same subjects that have been here for weeks. Charters have effected those booked on the Sun, Jade, and Getaway. Don't expect any other compensation. I took my OBCs for the Sun and Getaway and got on with my life. Was I happy the way it was handled no but something that can happen to any cruise on any line. Charters happen.

Check the other threads same subjects that have been here for weeks. Charters have effected those booked on the Sun, Jade, and Getaway. Don't expect any other compensation. I took my OBCs for the Sun and Getaway and got on with my life. Was I happy the way it was handled no but something that can happen to any cruise on any line. Charters happen.

Agree, charter happens! We are booked on the Sun Panama Canal 2014 that got chartered. Small OBC, had to change cabins, but still going. Gotta go with the flow.

I am disappointed the cruise was cancelled but the OBC is the thing I am angry about. That is NOT a way to keep customers.

Sorry about your cruise. I completely understand the way you feel. The $50 obc does seem like a joke to me.

That is really unfortunate for you to not only have 1 cruise cancelled, but 2!!?? I totally understand why you are upset. :)

I am on the Oct 2014 PC cruise on the Sun and I was not thrilled with the little amount of OBC given for the inconvenience; which in some cases I read on the RC, was quite large.

If this cancelling of cruises continues, IMO, NCL will get the reputation for cancelling cruises and will lose current customers, but also will certainly not win any new customers. Why would they take the chance?

I hope you find a cruise that NCL lets you keep (if you wish to stay with NCL) !!! :rolleyes:

That is really unfortunate for you to not only have 1 cruise cancelled, but 2!!?? I totally understand why you are upset. :)

I am on the Oct 2014 PC cruise on the Sun and I was not thrilled with the little amount of OBC given for the inconvenience; which in some cases I read on the RC, was quite large.

If this cancelling of cruises continues, IMO, NCL will get the reputation for cancelling cruises and will lose current customers, but also will certainly not win any new customers. Why would they take the chance?

I hope you find a cruise that NCL lets you keep (if you wish to stay with NCL) !!! :rolleyes:

This can happen on any cruise line, not just NCL

We have booked 2 cruises with NCL for 2014. The first was a lovely European cruise out of Rome with a penthouse suite to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. The next was a Panama Canal full transit out of Los Angeles. They moved the Panama Canal cruise back a week and completely cancelled the Europe cruise. They are giving us $50 each OBC and I am NOT happy. I have spoken with the "special desk" and they are not budging on the OBC. Has anyone had any experience with this? I am really furious about this.:mad:

Particularly interested in the ships and actual dates involved thanks.

Archived