I got the upgrade!!!

dogchopper

:D I'm so excited!! I'm sailing on the Freedom of the Seas on Sept 29th and I'm sure some of you will remember me lamenting about the fact that the price for the balcony room was now less than I had paid for my ocean view. 2 weeks prior it was 10 bucks more than my OV. I called and they kept telling me "it's a no brainer" we can just upgrade you BUT since you booked with a TA she has to call. But every time my TA called they would say, we never said that, we don't do that after the final payment.

I was so frustrated and THEN I saw someone on the roll call for my cruise saying the same thing happened to her and they upgraded her!!!

SO I copied and pasted that, sent it and the link to my TA and she said "this is great, it will help" and PRESTO CHANGO I have a balcony!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited I bet I won't sleep for a week!!!!

Congrats! Persistence pays off in situations like this... particularly when you're in the right policy wise (they will upgrade you after final payment if you're paying them something additional). Unfortunately plenty of RCI reps are uninformed!

Archived