The Perfect Travel Flat Iron

Daisydaisy20

I'm looking for the perfect travel flat iron for long, wavy hair. I will use it to smooth the frizz. I don't painstakingly straighten every single strand, just try to control the poof.

In a perfect world, this would be a small flat iron with ceramic plates, variable temperature settings, dual voltage, and a heat protective case or mat. I'm undecided if I'd prefer one of the battery or butane models over dual voltage. I'm looking at all price ranges because I don't know what a good one should cost. I'd rather buy one good one I love immediately than three "bargains" trying to find a decent one. But of course a great one at a great price is ideal!

Thank you in advance for your recommendations.

Point taken, and that's what I will do if I can't find a good mini iron. I've been wanting a mini for a while, though, because I would also use it for the gym, touchups for going out after work, that kind of thing. Of course it would go on holiday with me, too!

I got this one last year before my cruise. I just used it on the top layer to tame the frizzies, for the most part. It worked well and my hair held the smoothness and shine. Taking it it to the Caribbean this yer for the ultimate test :D

http://www.amazon.com/FHI-Heat-Ceramic-Tourmaline-Styling/dp/B003VKJCN2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1378657675&sr=8-2&keywords=fhi+mini+flat+iron

I have medium thick, shoulder length Caucasian hair.

I have the Conair and it works great. No temp control......just on or off. The temp is always fine.....not too hot or too cold. Got mine at Bed, Bath & Beyond, for about $15 and it comes in a heat proof zipped pouch. I have baby fine, thin "chemo" hair, so you gals with thick hair may not like it...works great for me.

Archived