Is Global Entry being used at any cruise ports

scomar

Yes this is a good thing for you even tough yiu to not have too long lines up there.

The best thing with these TSA precheck lines is that they all are seasoned travellers and you do not have the agreviation of being hung up by someone who does not know what it takes to go smoothky througs the check.

My DH is TSA precheck and I am not. We flew through MCO for our recent Freedom cruise and they actually had a companion line beside the precheck line. He got to cruise through his line as usual and I got to go through a much shorter line, still had to take off shoes and all that, but was much quicker than the regular lines. We hadn't seen a companion line at the airports he usually flies through.

Please let us know if you think it is possible to schedule the interview to fit in with a layover in one of the airoorts.

Theoretically yes, my entire interview/fingerprinting took just 15 minutes. But I hear that appointments are hard to get now and very few airports allow walk ins. It took me two weeks from when I was conditionally approved until I was able to schedule my interview at PDX.

• 2 months later...

Thought I would resurrect this thread since I'm hoping for Global Entry at the ports. We've had the GE for a little over a year and it's great. My wife works part time for the airlines which gives us benefits of not waiting in security lines, but the GE means we don't have to take off our shoes, no pulling out laptops or bags of liquids.

I'm hoping for these are Port Everglades and Port Canaveral. We use the Express Disembarkation and those lines can get long if you don't get off the ship first thing because of customs. Easier to walk straight down to a GE kiosk.

I will be at Port Everglades on Saturday and I have Global Entry. I will let you know if I spot anything at the terminal either on departure or arrival.

Look forward to hearing what you find out. Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

The answer is no for the cruise port I've sailed out of: Tampa and Miami. Can't say about the other ones.

However, I don't really see a reason for GE. The customs move very quickly, less than 2min wait. I DID show my NEXUS card last time during demarkation and the custom officer didn't ask any questions and just let me through.

Note that most of you are thinking about the security portion when talking about taking off shores and taking laptop out. GE and NEXUS is for the customs part.

Note 2: If you apply for NEXUS, it is ~$70 and includes Global Entry. If you apply for Global Entry itself, it is $100

Note 3: if you have American Express Platinum, your GE application fee is covered.

We do live near the US border and cross frequently and love the card, it is so worth the money and the same for airport and security line at Toronto.

The Nexus / Global at Toronto International has its own area and it is fast.

Both coming and going from the Airport.

We do live near the US border and cross frequently and love the card, it is so worth the money and the same for airport and security line at Toronto.

The Nexus / Global at Toronto International has its own area and it is fast.

Both coming and going from the Airport.

Note PreCheck is also coming to Pearson, they are piloting it at T1 right now.

First of all YEA!!! KC is getting TSA Pre-Check. Second of all what are you signed up for that you get TSA update emails?

Thanks for posting this!!

In the last month, Delta had a pre-check line at the security gate I went through at KCI - it was a great time saver. I was also told by a Southwest agent that it had the pre-check available at one gate (but I was traveling with someone who was not pre-checked so did not use it that time).

Now if only KCI will conduct the GE interviews, we will be set. :)

I can't see GE coming to a cruise port any time soon. The primary focus is business travelers, not leisure travelers. Furthermore, the technology would be woefully underutilized. Cruise terminals C&I are utilized for a few hours a couple times a week at most. Nothing compared to C&I at an international airport.