Newbie - questions

WikkiNee74

Hi,

I have posted this in the RCCL forum as well, but thought I would also ask on this thread.

We have now booked on our first cruise. Rhapsody of the Seas New Years Eve cruise 2014/2015 to South Pacific :D We are travelling with a group from my daughter's dance school and are very excited to be going!! I just have a couple of questions and since I have been reading the boards on here for a while, I thought you might all be able to help me.

We are planning on getting the soda package for the kids (aged 16, 13 and 10), but, from what I have read, in the Teen area on the ship, if they decide to hang out there (the 13 and 16 yr olds), they have Mocktails. Would these be extra? I have been told previously to take the cc charge off their sea pass cards and possibly back them up with case so they have a small spending limit. Would the Mocktails then be booked to the seapass card?

I am presuming my 13 year old will be able to sign himself in and out of the Teen Club or does he not need to sign in at all? Will the 10 year old be able to sign himself in/out or can I make it so that we have to sign him in or out?

Is there anything else that we might need to know about cruising to the South Pacific. Are the ports safe enough for the kids for port days or are there places they should stay on the ship?

Anything we should definitely not miss? We are cruising from Sydney to Luganville, Champagne Bay, Vila, Lifou and Isle of Pines. Thanks.

Vickie

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You were smart to also post this on the RCI board as there will be more there that can answer your questions.

So far there isn't a Roll Call for your cruise -- but you can start one of your own here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=270&order=desc

And there is also the Family Cruises section here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Can't help with the mocktails....if there is a charge, it will go on the seapass....anything you buy goes on the seapass.

After age 9, kid's may sign themselves in and out.....but you can say NO to that, if you wish.

As far as ports....do your research! Get a guidebook! There should be no "child specific" safety issues at any port the ships go to.....but research will allow you to tell all the things there are in each place, how to do them, and also any safety issues, if any!!

Hi,

I have posted this in the RCCL forum as well, but thought I would also ask on this thread.

We have now booked on our first cruise. Rhapsody of the Seas New Years Eve cruise 2014/2015 to South Pacific :D We are travelling with a group from my daughter's dance school and are very excited to be going!! I just have a couple of questions and since I have been reading the boards on here for a while, I thought you might all be able to help me.

We are planning on getting the soda package for the kids (aged 16, 13 and 10), but, from what I have read, in the Teen area on the ship, if they decide to hang out there (the 13 and 16 yr olds), they have Mocktails. Would these be extra? I have been told previously to take the cc charge off their sea pass cards and possibly back them up with case so they have a small spending limit. Would the Mocktails then be booked to the seapass card?

I am presuming my 13 year old will be able to sign himself in and out of the Teen Club or does he not need to sign in at all? Will the 10 year old be able to sign himself in/out or can I make it so that we have to sign him in or out?

Is there anything else that we might need to know about cruising to the South Pacific. Are the ports safe enough for the kids for port days or are there places they should stay on the ship?

Anything we should definitely not miss? We are cruising from Sydney to Luganville, Champagne Bay, Vila, Lifou and Isle of Pines. Thanks.

Vickie

I don't know about RCCI, but Carnival let me put a spending limit on my granddaughters' cards when they traveled with me. That way they could use them in the arcade, to get mocktails and things like that without having to find me. I arranged for it in guest services the first day of the cruise. It was a weekly limit, not a daily one, however.

Archived