How many cruises actually make it to Half Moon Cay?

pixie411

Jellyfish at HMC..say it isn't so:(. Hopefully, they will be gone soon.

I got back from a wedding in Jamaica about a week ago - and we did see a few jellyfish. Apparently it is getting towards the end of jellyfish season in the Caribbean. If you are cruising soon and are concerned, you can try Safe Sea - it's a jellyfish sting protecting lotion.

We are 7 for 7, all on Carnival, during the summer season. I guess one day the odds will catch up with us, as we have not missed one single port in nearly 40 cruises!! Knocking on wood!!!
Do you want to go halfsies on a lottery ticket with me ? :D

They make plenty of money at Half Moon Cay for a day. If they really wanted to increase revenue on a particular sailing it would make a lot more sense to skip another port (where everything you buy isnt from the cruise line) But this makes absolutely no sense either becuase of the lost excursion money.
I completely ignore the nutty posts where the claim is made that Carnival deliberately misses ports "on purpose".

This thread is a great response to that nonsense. Yes the Captain may err on the side of caution when deciding to miss a port.

GOOD!

• 2 weeks later...

We've only had it on our itinerary once and it was cancelled, but considering the sky was black, rain slashing down, and thunder and lightning, we were very grateful to miss the port even if it meant not getting to hang out in our cabana for the day.

Well this thread is depressing. :(

We recently booked a cruise specifically so we could go to HMC. Didn't realize it was such a highly missed port.

We already arranged a cabana. If the ship misses the port, we get that money refunded, yes?

Edited by Lerin

We already arranged a cabana. If the ship misses the port, we get that money refunded, yes?

You should, yes. I was refunded for my rental when my HAL ship missed HMC, and I presume Carnival works the same way. (It was disappointing enough to miss the island without losing the money.)

Caro