Where are my excursions I booked?

CruisinCarps

Hello all!

Forgive me if this has been asked, as we are (going to be) new to cruising Carnival. I was just checking on our upcoming November cruise...and where our previously booked excursions were...are no longer there. (They were already paid for as well.) I checked my emails again and I pulled up where Carnival had sent us our receipt for paying for them. However, when I pulled up planned activities- nothing is there!

Anyone ever experienced this? Thanks!

Hello all!

Forgive me if this has been asked, as we are (going to be) new to cruising Carnival. I was just checking on our upcoming November cruise...and where our previously booked excursions were...are no longer there. (They were already paid for as well.) I checked my emails again and I pulled up where Carnival had sent us our receipt for paying for them. However, when I pulled up planned activities- nothing is there!

Anyone ever experienced this? Thanks!

I have not, but you can always call carnival. Or I wouldn't stress it too much I would just print out the conformation email and pack in with you stuff. When on board you can go to the shore excursion desk and they should be able to help you out.

Thank you for your reply. I am just not having a good day today and we are thisclose to having to pull our children from their school here in TX...and I thought I would get my mind off this yucky stuff by dreaming about our upcoming cruise...and this happens. We have talked and talked about this excursion (swimming with dolphins) and even have been having the kids practice with their masks, etc... So this is not helping me trying to have a happy ending to my day.

I emailed them and will call them tomorrow. I was just hoping someone had something similar happen and could ease my concerns until then. :)

The website is always wonky. Have you tried looking at the cruise docs? Go to manage my cruise and look at the to do list, it should say view cruise documents. I've never had it hide my excursions but I have had it hide my obc and that's were I always find it.

Sqwii...I checked there per your suggestion (thank you :)), but no luck there either. I am seriously getting a sick feeling to my stomach. The excursion is very popular and was booking up really fast so I snagged it right away. *Thinking* that after I got the "receipt" from Carnival, that all was well. The receipt came up showing it charged our credit card, the amount, etc.... The excursion originally popped up under our cruise info originally too...

I just checked our credit card account...and it isn't there either. I know I *have seen* some things take a while to come out of the credit card, but not this long (would be almost 2 months now). I can see where our original deposits for the cruise came out almost instantly (that was booked over the phone). I booked the excursion online, through Carnival website. Ugh... I was really hoping double checking our credit card would make me feel better, now I just feel worse. This was going to be one of our favorite, if not THE favorite thing we were going to do off-shore, if not one of our favorite things we've done our entire lives!

Is the cruise paid in full?

Did you book other excursions? Are they showing up?

I hope by now you have called Carnival-what did they say?

I have only heard about FTTF disappearing, and that is because more platinum and diamond members booked later, and they refunded the customer their FTTF charge.

I started calling Carnival this morning... This first time I was on hold until my phone went dead (probably 20 minutes or so). Then I was able to reach someone just now- he explained to me that their system is down so they can't check it for me. (I asked if maybe this was the issue yesterday when I started looking and they said that as far as they know, the site was working fine yesterday.)

To answer some of your questions:

The cruise is paid in full as *was* the excursion. I have not booked other excursions yet. (That is what I was trying to do yesterday when I noticed the only one I have booked so far isn't there. So I wanted to be sure there isn't something wrong with their system before paying for another one.)

I can pull up the cruise rooms (we have two booked). I even have 'order numbers' for the excursion that came in the emailed receipt from Carnival. However, when I click on those numbers in the link provided in the email, nothing happens. Well, I should say, it just goes straight to my cruise info, but not to the excursion info, which is non-existent at this point. All appears correct there (going through the cruise cabins confirmation numbers), except when I click on "planned activities"...nothing is there. I have opened every folder possible, just to see, but the excursion is nowhere to be found.

So the gentleman I spoke with told me that excursions are in "another folder", but he couldn't check it for me because their systems are down. He told me that *I* could check under cruise documents. However, when I did that, all that popped up was basically a blank screen with a few Carnival logos here and there. So he said that, apparently, the system is still down and to try calling back again in an hour or so.

I haven't received any email responses to the 'esolutions' email address I was given so I will also try the separate excursions email address Smart Arsenal Fan gave. (Thank you.:)).

I am *slightly* relieved that the excursion is still available although it appears the time slot I wanted is no longer there. (Well, I *assume* it is still available if it is still showing up under the excursions for that particular port. I would *think* it would be marked as sold out or just removed completely if it is no longer available.)

As far as booking separately, if I remember from a couple of months ago, the savings would be minimal for this particular excursion and this is a tender port so we'd rather not risk it. (Plus, the excursion is coming back right about the time the ship is supposed to leave- rather not risk it.) But thank you for the suggestion!:) We are doing another excursion in another port on our own for those very reasons (cheaper, easy to do, and we can arrive earlier than the ship excursion etc.).

Anyways, so I will let you know when I find out what is going on. Thanks for the help!

On the phone again... She said systems are back up, but she can't find our excursion. :( First she said I only booked an excursion for 2 people- half of us- I told her that is incorrect and that I have the order numbers sent from Carnival showing that I have all 4 of us booked. She looked up the order numbers I was given by Carnival for the excursion and it seems it has just "disappeared" into space.

What originally happened was, I booked two rooms, side-by-side. 2 kids in one room connecting to 2 adults in another. The booking agent (through Carnival) said that was fine. (Gee, I assume she knew what she was talking about.) Anyways, so I got an email the next day saying my cruise had been cancelled. (What?!) And then I got a call from Carnival before I even called them saying that because one of the kids is under 13, that we can't have them by themselves in a balcony room so they had to switch the names around, but our cruise wasn't cancelled.

Okay, so anyways, once that was all settled, I got to looking into the cruise excursions and booked one a few days later. Well, I picked one out, paid for it, got the receipt from Carnival saying we were booked for it, how much our CC was charged, etc. I double-checked and it also showed up in "Manage my Cruise" online.

Fast forward to yesterday... and the excursion is gone, nowhere can it be found under any folders on our 'Manage my Cruise' or anywhere. I called today and they verified that they can't find it. I double-checked our credit card statement online and I don't see where it came out (even though the Carnival emailed receipt said it was charged to our credit card).

Well, long story short, I had to re-book our excursion and will have to call our CC company to be DOUBLE SURE we weren't charged for the first time I booked and and that it does come out this time. No one at Carnival can even guess as to what happened in the first place. I am just going to chalk it up to 'crap happens' and when dealing with online stuff, etc. that sometimes stuff just doesn't go through. (Although I have never had that happen before...I have been double charged for something, but never not had it go through at all.)

So, always, always ALWAYS double check your CC statements pretty much right away. Carnival told me that charges should come out almost immediately. So if it hasn't within, I would say, 3 days, call your credit card company. We could have lost out on this excursion had I not gone to check yesterday. Anyways, lesson learned and now we know!

The good news is that all is well, we still have the exact excursion booked and still have the same time frame. So...onward and upward! :)

Archived