Enchantment of the Seas Review with pics!!

tdmullins

It was then time for Loren and I to get ready and head to Atlantis. I had read that it would cost us $4 a person for a taxi ride to Atlantis. But only if we waited for other people so that they could get a van full. I was afraid to wait too long since we had a set time. So I asked him to take just us. He charged us $12 for the ride. During this cab ride I realized I probably would have killed someone if I had been driving. They drive on the left side of the road in the Bahamas. But they have cars with steering wheels on both sides. I would have most definitely started driving on the right (or wrong..lol) side of the road for sure.

The ships viewed from the bridge to Paradise Island.

P1020544.jpg

Atlantis viewed from the bridge.

P1020545.jpg

The taxi cab driver dropped us off on the Dolphin Cay side of Atlantis.

P1020547.jpg

meatlantis.jpg

We checked in and ended up being early. So they asked us to wait at this beach area until it was our turn.

P1020551.jpg

When it was our time, we were ushered to an area that had towels, lockers and the wet suits. We put our stuff into a locker and then went to put on our wet suits. It was pretty funny, getting my fat butt squeezed into that thing! I started laughing a couple times, and thank goodness Loren was there to help sgueeze me into the thing. We were then taken into a room where we were supposed to be shown a video but it wasnt working so we were just told stuff about the dolphins. They then broke us into groups and took us out to the water.

We got to touch and rub on the dolphin as a group. Then individually we were able to kiss, hold them for a picture and some of us got to feed her. She then did some tricks for us. It was a little pricey but I enjoyed it.

img011.jpg

img012.jpg

After we were done, we got out of our wet suits and back into our cover-ups. We then made our way over to the photo purchasing area. Which of course was expensive, but I expected that. It took a little while because I had to wait for someone to pick his out first. I wouldn't have minded waiting, if there had been a need. I had first picked a line that was empty but was told that the machine wasn't working. So I wondered down further and there was another line free but no one was there behind the counter, so I assumed it wasn't working either. My bad for assuming BUT....everyone saw me standing there waiting but no one bothered to tell me that I could use that machine. So I was pretty upset when after I was standing there for 10 minutes or so, a family just moseyed right up to that machine and starting looking at their pics. Atlantis was all new to me, the picture buying was all new. But all of the employees there acted like you should know where to go and what to do. I received ZERO instructions on my reservation on where to go, what entrance to come in, or where to check in. And when I did find my way, every one just looked at you, no "can I help you's" anywhere.

OK Atlantis rant over.

After buying our pics. We decided to explore Atlantis some. We had no idea where we were going but we ended up right under the tower bridge/suite.

P1020554.jpg

Looking forward from the tower.

P1020555.jpg

The water slides at Atlantis

P1020562.jpg

P1020563.jpg

One of the pools.

P1020565.jpg

We made our way through the digs

P1020566.jpg

P1020567.jpg

We then made our way to the front entrance and grabbed a cab back to the ship. There was a family waiting for a cab too, so we joined them in a taxi cab van. Therefore we got the $4 a person price on the way back.

OK, so now I need to tell you my other “dumb” moment of the cruise. Its a little lengthy, so stay with me. When the cab driver dropped us off, Loren and I decided to do a little more shopping because they were a few things that I hadn't picked up yet. One being a shirt a friend had asked me to pick up at a shop call the Logo Store because he had ruined his favorite shirt from there. I found it pretty quickly and picked out the shirt. But there wasn't anyone in the store...no one. I noticed someone on a ladder at another entrance, so I asked him. He said that they were closed. I asked him if there was anyway I could at least buy that one shirt because I had promised a friend I would get it. He told me to go back through the other door, go next door and asked for Wendy. So Wendy came and checked me out. I could have stolen anything I wanted, had I not been an honest person. That's not my dumb moment..hold on its coming.

After that Loren I shopped fast before the other stores closed. After grabbing our goodies I pulled my watch out of my bag to check the time. It was 7:45. We went into a panic. That only left us 45 minutes to get back to the ship and get ready for dinner at 8:30. We ran to the terminal, then ran to the ship. Once on the ship and on the elevator we got into a conversation with a couple that said that they were on their way to the magic show. When they got off I looked at Loren and said, “Boy are they going to be surprised, the magic show was at 7.” So we rushed to the room, where we found only Tabor and he had no idea where his Dad was. Loren ran to the bathroom to wash off. I started wondering where the guys were, because the other two wasn't answering their phone. Right about that time it I started getting a weird feeling that something wasn't right and I maybe I should check another clock. So I grabbed my cell phone and it said that it was only 7:15 at that point. I checked my good watch and it said the same thing.Yep, my cheapy watch that was in my bag must have hit something and its time was changed an hour ahead.

Sooooo,..........all the running and all the panic was for nothing. We had plenty of time to get ready for dinner. Tony ended up strolling into the room around 8:05. They had been to the magic show.

1175608_10150304102734971_1388543505_n.jpg

1185234_10150304102794971_1878200520_n.jpg

They guys said that they really enjoyed it. And actually talked about the last trick several times that night at dinner.

We all met at the dinner table right on time. And once again dinner was awesome.

bdd09f42-6c87-4c89-b3a4-e96db83404b1.jpg

Arancini

P1020571.jpg

These were sooooooo goood!

Inside the arancini

P1020574.jpg

We loved these and Valfino brought us extra, which began a habit with him.

Antipasta

P1020572.jpg

My Lasagna

P1020575.jpg

Which was very good, but then Valfino started bringing out plates of the Garlic shrimp.

P1020581.jpg

The garlic shrimp was really good and he kept bringing everybody plates of it. The shrimp is basically butterflied with the shell on, so you must remove it from that shell. Shane grabs one, bites into it and just keeps on eating. In the meantime the head waiter (I do not remember his name) stops by and starts removing mine from the shells. At this point Shane makes the comment, "They have shells, no wonder mine were so crunchy." Of course that had us laughing, but then Shane being Shane proceeds to turn one over to look at it. He then says,"Is that what I ate? It looks like legs and babies."

So once we had quit laughing enough to where we could start a conversation again, we started discussing going dancing. In which Shane tells us this story;

"I wouldn't mind going dancing. I'm a pretty good dancer if I say so myself. One time when I was really drunk, I needed another drink and I ended up winning a dance contest by the time I got to the bar." We lost it...to the point we weren't breathing. So hard that the assistant waiter tried to ask us something and no one could answer. She just laughed and backed away saying that she would be back. Tony then said, "Please tell me that really happened." In which Shane replied, "I'm not sure, but it could have."

Ok, Now I have shared some of our silly dinner time antics. I just wanted to let everyone know how much fun dinner was and how we all had the times of our lives.

OK, now let me get back to dinner and the rest of the dishes.

Eggplant Parmesan

P1020576.jpg

The beef sliders

P1020577.jpg

Chicken Marsala

P1020578.jpg

This is the pork tenderloin. It had a crazy long name on the menu. But Valfino just called it pork tenderloin.

P1020579.jpg

Grilled Salmon

P1020580.jpg

The remains of all the food that Valfino kept bringing us.

P1020583.jpg

And we still had dessert to go. Ugghhh Where would we put it all?

The desert sampler

P1020584.jpg

Tiramasu

P1020585.jpg

My bread pudding

P1020586.jpg

It was really good, but I only ate a couple of bites because I was crazy full and then Valfino brought out a plate of the little chocolate cakes that were part of the sampler.

P1020587.jpg

And they were soooooooo good. Valfino told us it was the best chocolate cake he had ever ate.

A panoramic shot of our table that night.

2013-08-21214818.jpg

We then went back to the room to change and get ready for the dance party at the pool.

I am enjoying the pictures and the review. I am going to both of the ports you visited in three weeks (out of Jacksonville and on a different ship). Looking forward to pictures of Coco Cay (Little Stirrup Cay).

Glad to see you had a great cruise.

What sailing are you on...we are on Oct 4th come visit our roll call :)

Dawn btw that was CoCoCay...been there many times and love it :)

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

What sailing are you on...we are on Oct 4th come visit our roll call :)

Dawn btw that was CoCoCay...been there many times and love it :)

Hozshoni, thanks for the offer, but I am on a ship that is not RCCL out of Jacksonville on Sept 30. I know I was crossing "boundaries" in CC by posting on a RCCL thread, but I met the OP and her husband on her first cruise. Looking forward to trying RCCL in the future and wished they were in New Orleans year round.

What is the difference between the suite menu and the regular menu? I've never seen this before? We are on EN on Oct. 28 for the 4 nighter.

Enjoying your review.

The suite menu is the same as the MDR dinner menu. One of the suite perks is that you can order off of this menu for room service during MDR hours. So your room steward will leave that days menu in your room.

Hozshoni, thanks for the offer, but I am on a ship that is not RCCL out of Jacksonville on Sept 30. I know I was crossing "boundaries" in CC by posting on a RCCL thread, but I met the OP and her husband on her first cruise. Looking forward to trying RCCL in the future and wished they were in New Orleans year round.

Hey that's OK...have fun cruising :0 my sister is in Shreveport...I've been to NOLA many times ....my sis flies in to Tampa when she cruises with us...she's moving back to FL soon and I'm so glad...but will miss the coffee and beignets. (sp)

Dawn

After dinner we decided to check out our balcony for a bit before we headed to the deck party.

P1020589.jpg

We weren’t scheduled to leave port til midnight. All the other ships had already left so we had a great view of Atlantis at night from our balcony.

P1020590.jpg

Up on the pool deck people were lining up for the midnight buffet.

P1020591.jpg

I snapped some pics of the buffet, but couldnt even think about any of the food with everything that Valfino had given us during dinner.

P1020592.jpg

P1020593.jpg

P1020594.jpg

The dance party getting ready to start.

P1020596.jpg

The dance party in action.

2013-08-21234701.jpg

Loren and I were in that mess somewhere dancing.

The RC Logo all lit up at night.

P1020602.jpg

We left the dancing and hung out on the top decks of the ship. We went to the back of the ship and watched the ship sail away from Nassau, then we moved to the front of the ship. We could still hear the music from party, so we ended up dancing a little bit up there and being stupid.

It had been a long exciting day, and when my head hit the pillow I was out.

Those deck party shots are the reason why I like these classes of ship so much more than Oasis. I absolutely LOVE the night time party atmosphere on the pool deck, which is what I missed when I sailed on Oasis. Every cruise I've taken has been fun, but each class of ship has its own flavor. Thanks again for the gorgeous photos and a great review.

Those deck party shots are the reason why I like these classes of ship so much more than Oasis. I absolutely LOVE the night time party atmosphere on the pool deck, which is what I missed when I sailed on Oasis. Every cruise I've taken has been fun, but each class of ship has its own flavor. Thanks again for the gorgeous photos and a great review.

Got the right. The lighting on the decks at night is so nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

I agree, not that I have been on the Oasis but I do love those deck parties.

Great review,we were on that cruise and what a great cruise it was trying to see if we're on any of the pictures you took at the dance party but not yet!!!

I hope so! Even tho I was too busy dancing to take many..lol. My husband took a couple while I was out there. And right before midnight we headed back to an aft deck to watch us sail away from Nassau.

The next morning the MDR was open til 10. So I was able to order from the suite breakfast menu. On our last cruise I LOVED the room service french toast. So I was excited to get it his cruise.

I took my breakfast and nook out to the balcony.

P1020603.jpg

I just watched the water while eating and reading. Its so relaxing and one of my most favorite parts of a cruise.

P1020604.jpg

Tony eventually grabbed his breakfast and joined me.

P1020605.jpg

The french toast that I had waited for.

P1020606.jpg

Unfortunately it ended up not being as good as it was on the Jewel. This may have been the one food item I found that the Jewel did better than the Enchantment.

I spent the next 30 minutes with my feet propped up reading with this view.

P1020609.jpg

Loving your review. We will be going on the Enchantment in a few weeks. I just have a quick question for you. Just how "Formal" was Formal night?

Thanks.

It was a mixture of some coat and ties, mostly ties only, a few polos or button ups. I didn't see any tuxes. Seemed more on the laid back side.