Miracle to Alaska August 27, 2013

Cool Breeze Cruiser

Robin downloaded her videos of the glacier calving & whale watching with Harv & Marv to youtube. I will try to post the link to the glacier calving 1st (even though the whale watching ones are my favorites :D) but computers are not my thing :eek: so I hope it works!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&ved=0CEsQtwIwBg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dzplra0-zVXM&ei=jYFIUrOMOIX08AS4hoHADA&usg=AFQjCNEzG553_wYWSDWr-zEsCQ3tDgDZdA&sig2=amlBw_PNcLXuenEP8trIvA&bvm=bv.53217764,d.eWU

I'm so glad that Robin shared her video -- it's a great one!

• 2 weeks later...
Luggage Express.

We had booked transportation to the airport with Seattle Express for $12 pp.

So glad to see this part of your review. We used Luggage Express on our first cruise, Valor out of Miami, and it worked really well. We're also using Seattle Express for our trip to the airport. We have 1 PM flights and my sister and brother-in-law will be with us so with four people we shouldn't get mixed up with anyone else.

Joyce

What a wonderful review! Your pictures are amazing. I had tears in my eyes looking at the beautiful whales...I can only imagine how you felt! My kids and I sat here in awe looking at the scenery and animals. Alaska is one place we want to see with our kids before they leave home. They're 9 and 8 now, so hopefully that will give us plently of time to save for it. :)

So glad to see this part of your review. We used Luggage Express on our first cruise, Valor out of Miami, and it worked really well. We're also using Seattle Express for our trip to the airport. We have 1 PM flights and my sister and brother-in-law will be with us so with four people we shouldn't get mixed up with anyone else.

Joyce

Luggage Express worked out amazing especially since we had so much luggage. We had a delay getting our luggage tags but they told us to just come to Customer Service when we got back from Victoria. Our luggage did not go out until after midnight with the delay but our suitcases were among the 1st few off the conveyor belt when we got to Nashville.

I researched a LOT before the cruise & Seattle Express was the best deal. If we had left the ship earlier we would not have been in such a time crunch but we wanted to savor every last minute! :D

Juli

Thanks for sharing your great review and your pictures are just amazing.

I never thought that Alaska would be on my bucket list but now it is.

Thank you. As much as I LOVE the Caribbean my Caribbean pictures do not compare to the ones from Alaska. One of our friends is a photographer & can not wait to go to Alaska after he saw the photos of the reflection lakes. It was absolutely breathtaking & even VERY amateur photographers can easily take incredible photos! :D

Juli

What a wonderful review! Your pictures are amazing. I had tears in my eyes looking at the beautiful whales...I can only imagine how you felt! My kids and I sat here in awe looking at the scenery and animals. Alaska is one place we want to see with our kids before they leave home. They're 9 and 8 now, so hopefully that will give us plently of time to save for it. :)

Thank you. Robin & I both got so emotional when we saw the whales (I think our hubbies did too but they didn't show it as much as we did :p). There is no way for me to describe how majestic they were!!! And they were SO close!

Whale watching is what sold me on going to Alaska & I booked with Harv & Marv as soon as I booked the cruise. I am so thankful I did as their tours book up fast. If we could have only done one excursion it DEFINITELY would be the whale watch with Harv & Marv.

I love the pictures we took but I REALLY love the videos Robin took. To be able to hear the sounds they make as they came to the surface still brings chills! I have watched the videos over & over.

It is wonderful that you are sharing reviews & pictures with your kids. Treasure every moment! My 'kids' are 26 & 22 & I still do! :D

Juli

Thanks for taking the time to post such a fantastic review! Your photos are incredible!!

Thank you. I am making a book of our cruise at Walgreens for J.R. for Christmas. Shhh! :D I think he will love it & it has been extremely easy to do (except for choosing the photos to use :eek:).

I will eventually get around to scrapbooking our trip & then I will probably use almost all of our photos! :D

Juli

wow what amazing pictures. My wife and I are planning a trip in july 2014. Yours pictures are getting me so excited, they are also giving me really good idea of what excursion to go on, Thanks

Thank you. I love that 1st picture. I would like to claim it but I think J.R. took that one. :p Looking at our photos now it is hard to believe they are real. Alaska is insanely gorgeous!

I now have access to my friend Robin's pics & can post more if there are any of the excursions you are interested in. She took some great photos too.

Juli

Thank you. I love that 1st picture. I would like to claim it but I think J.R. took that one. :p Looking at our photos now it is hard to believe they are real. Alaska is insanely gorgeous!

I now have access to my friend Robin's pics & can post more if there are any of the excursions you are interested in. She took some great photos too.

Juli

In Skagway, can you just do the train or do you have to take the bus to get to the train. You said with the bus and the train it was bit of a long day.

In Skagway, can you just do the train or do you have to take the bus to get to the train. You said with the bus and the train it was bit of a long day.

It was a long day & we went in to it knowing that it would be.

We chose the tour that went the farthest so obviously it would take longer whether you are going by bus or train. And the lunch was REALLY good at Bennett Station House! :D.

'I' actually enjoyed the bus part of the tour more but that was probably because our guide was an absolute doll & we made frequent stops.

The scenery from the train was BEYOND majestic though & we saw sights that you could only see from the train excursion that goes that far. It is not even comparing apples to apples. Entirely different experiences though the bus & train parts of the tour were both amazing!

You also have to understand I do not sit still well on a good day :p. I have jury duty right now & it is a challenge sitting in a court room all day :eek:!

We explored several options for Skagway. We checked out Chilkoot, Dyea Dave & renting a car & exploring on our own. We decided since it was probably a one time trip for us we wanted to see all that we could see! And I think we did!!!

Chilkoot does offer shorter tours. Here is there website...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chilkootcharters.com%2F&ei=8mFgUuifI5LM9gSA-IG4DA&usg=AFQjCNE4oIBNx064uKbgAhQZg-FCEuHR5w&sig2=8PB979ZyozIaQpq8fOv2iw

I would highly recommend them.

The most beautiful photos we have from our whole 18 day trip (except the whales :D) came from our day with Chilkoot.

As I said I would DEFINITELY do the Bennett Scenic Journey once! With my type A personality I am not sure I would do it twice but a lot of the scenery we were able to see was only available through this tour. When I look back at our pictures I am SO happy we chose this tour!

Juli

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Juli, loved your comprehensive review! We are looking at this cruise in the beginning of September 2014 and I was concerned it would be way too cold. Hoping our weather is as good as what you had! Beautiful pics, descriptions and details! Ty Ty Ty !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. I am making a book of our cruise at Walgreens for J.R. for Christmas. Shhh! :D I think he will love it & it has been extremely easy to do (except for choosing the photos to use :eek:).

I will eventually get around to scrapbooking our trip & then I will probably use almost all of our photos! :D

Juli

Check out winkflash - every now and then they run a sale of their 100 page photobooks for about $35 including shipping.

Juli, loved your comprehensive review! We are looking at this cruise in the beginning of September 2014 and I was concerned it would be way too cold. Hoping our weather is as good as what you had! Beautiful pics, descriptions and details! Ty Ty Ty !!!

Thank you. I LOVED the weather on our trip! :) J.R. felt 'cheated' & wants to go back when there is snow & it is COLD! :eek: I think he is just looking for a reason to go back to Alaska! :D

Loved your review! Thanks for sharing!!!

Thank you. I love looking back at my reviews & reliving our cruises. I have LOVED all of them! :)

Juli

Loved your review. We will be on the miracle in august and just booked harv and marv whale watching today after reading your review. Thank you.

I hope you love it as much as we all did. Our whale watch with Harv & Marv was probably my favorite excursion ever & it still gives me shivers remembering the sounds the whales made.

I really appreciated that the Harv & Marv Captains did not 'crowd' the whales as we saw another company do. They were very respectful. Of course we are partial to Captain Steve. He was extremely knowledgeable & such a class act! Our friends raved about their H&M Captain too though. Enjoy you trip!

Check out winkflash - every now and then they run a sale of their 100 page photobooks for about $35 including shipping.

Thanks. I will check it out. I always download all of our pics to Walgreens so it makes it easy to make a photobook. Walgreen's often runs a 50% off sale but I don't remember how much the book I made was.

BTW, that photobook was J.R.'s favorite Christmas present & we do Christmas big! It turned out even better than I hoped. Walgreens even had a page with a train, one with a boat & one with a plane that suited our cruise perfectly. :)

Juli