Miracle to Alaska August 27, 2013

Cool Breeze Cruiser

We were hoping the Platinum gift was still the Tervis Tumblers but we got the Carnival hats & J.R. loved his. I wore mine too to cover up my bad Alaskan hair days! :eek: They are nice hats. I really like the material they are made of, they are very lightweight.

232323232%7Ffp43893%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D389%3B448%3A6%3A324nu0mrj

Can't resist adding a few more towel animals after ARod worked so hard on them!!

232323232%7Ffp437%3C4%3Enu%3D38%3A4%3E675%3E35%3A%3E299567544%3B233ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp43837%3Enu%3D38%3A4%3E675%3E362%3E2995675453233ot1lsi

J.R. won a ‘14K Gold Ship on a Stick” in the Bean Bag Toss. They played a

different version of the game though. They only used one board. Everyone lined up & you got three bags to try to get a hole in one. Only three people did so they each got two bags & no one got it so they tried again & J.R. was the only one to get it! Yay for him! A lady challenged him to come back & play again & he meant to but forgot to reset his watch when the time changed so we missed it.

J.R. scored brownie points when he attributed his 'win' to his lovely wife for booking the cruise! :rolleyes:

232323232%7Ffp43897%3Enu%3D38%3A4%3E675%3E356%3E2995675447233ot1lsi

Hey, I was on this cruise too, wasn't it incredible the day we did Tracey Arm and seeing so many whales? Crisp sunshine all day was so great.

I bought one of those bear fleece jackets onboard and had a poncho for the day it rained in the other port. I love the bears.

Probably the best cruise to date Ive taken.

Love the review so far, makes me want to go back again! Very nice pics.

Thanks. It was an incredible trip!

We are also enjoying your review! Can't wait to hear more.

Thank you. We are at a convention but I should have some free time tomorrow to add more & get to the 'good part', our AMAZING excursions!

Hey, I was on this cruise too, wasn't it incredible the day we did Tracey Arm and seeing so many whales? Crisp sunshine all day was so great.

I bought one of those bear fleece jackets onboard and had a poncho for the day it rained in the other port. I love the bears.

Probably the best cruise to date Ive taken.

We had hoped to meet you. Wish you had come to the M&G.

The whole trip was incredible! We did the small boat excursion in to Tracy Arm Fjord. It was so majestic. I definitely did not expect short sleeve weather for most of the cruise. It was chilly at the glacier though.

My favorite part of the whole cruise was whale watching in Juneau with Harv & Marv. The whales put on quite a show for us. I will add pics of them soon.

It was crazy how cheap outerwear was everywhere. You would think they would have a big markup for people that didn't bring warm clothing.

With all the cruises you have been on that is something to be the best cruise to date! Glad you enjoyed it!

Juli

It was crazy how cheap outerwear was everywhere. You would think they would have a big markup for people that didn't bring warm clothing.

With all the cruises you have been on that is something to be the best cruise to date! Glad you enjoyed it!

Juli

I LOVE the 1/2 price fleece coat I bought in the onboard shops with the bears on it. I really think its so cute. I was talking to someone and she loves the bears too, more than the wolves so I rushed down to make sure they didnt sell out of my size and got one right then.

I also took time from seeing the glacier in Tracy Arm. I just HAD to have one of those hand painted kind of Russian doll things. I just got the small one with 3 dolls inside each other, because I have so much junk here, I dont have a lot of empty shelf space, but I am glad I got it. I wanted one of those jade bears too, but the one I wanted at 25% off was still $100 for a bear barely over a inch high.

Thank you for all the wonderful memories - just got back from this cruise we did Sept 3 to 10th. Alaska was wonderful.

The food we felt was not very good. Which was fine with me cause than I did not over eat but could not wait to get off the ship and have something that tasted yummy.

Our next cruise for sure..............Thanks so much for the pics and details of your wonderful trip.

I am sure you will love it. We REALLY lucked up with great weather but we went prepared for anything!

I LOVE the 1/2 price fleece coat I bought in the onboard shops with the bears on it. I really think its so cute. I was talking to someone and she loves the bears too, more than the wolves so I rushed down to make sure they didnt sell out of my size and got one right then.

Glad you were able to get one in your size. I bought a bunch of t-shirts in the Miracle gift shop when they had them three for $20! :) They had a lot of good deals. Other than t-shirts & Ulu knifes we bought in Juneau we did not buy a lot of souvenirs. There were not enough hours in the day! :(

Hello Julie & JR, I enjoyed meeting you both at Ivar's and the M&G. Great review and can't wait to see more photos of your excursions.:)PINK

It was great meeting y'all too. Our cruise just went by WAY to fast! I have a couple of pics of you from the M&G. J.R. was really in picture taking mode this trip!

I hope Robin downloads her pics from our excursions soon (hint hint Robin :D) so I can 'borrow' from hers too since we did all the same excursions.

Thank you for all the wonderful memories - just got back from this cruise we did Sept 3 to 10th. Alaska was wonderful.

The food we felt was not very good. Which was fine with me cause than I did not over eat but could not wait to get off the ship and have something that tasted yummy.

Glad you enjoyed Alaska too.

We really enjoyed almost all the food. John got a burger in the dining room one night that was not very good. The dining room service was a little sub-par this cruise though which surprised me because our last two cruises on the Miracle it was excellent.

It is always good to get home & have 'normal' food. After our 18 day trip I couldn't wait to have chips & dip (my weakness)! :D

I don't think most people dressed up quite as much as usual for dinner but some did. A couple of nights I even saw men with shorts & ball caps on in the dining room.

I loved this backdrop!

232323232%7Ffp437%3B%3B%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D38%3A53%3B993%3B324nu0mrj

One of my other favorite photo ops are these stairs.

232323232%7Ffp43889%3Enu%3D389%3B%3E445%3E%3B%3B8%3E298%3C445%3C%3A9233ot1lsi

Robin & John looking all spiffy!

232323232%7Ffp43856%3Enu%3D389%3B%3E445%3E%3B%3C9%3E298%3C445%3C%3B%3A233ot1lsi

The sunsets were beautiful in Alaska.

232323232%7Ffp43897%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D389%3B449374324nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43879%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D389%3B448%3A68324nu0mrj

Oh, I sure do miss that ship! Your "portrait" photos are very very nice. Love the formal shot! Every time I see your picture I think I recognize you and I am remembering a review by a mom who went on a cruise with her daughter. Is that you?? Thanks again for sharing this cruise with us!

Oh, I sure do miss that ship! Your "portrait" photos are very very nice. Love the formal shot! Every time I see your picture I think I recognize you and I am remembering a review by a mom who went on a cruise with her daughter. Is that you?? Thanks again for sharing this cruise with us!

I already miss the Miracle too! :D But we will be back on her September 2014! :)

Thank you. We only bought two pics this time, one formal & one getting on the ship. I think I set a record for us! We usually buy a LOT! :eek: We swapped out taking tons of photos with Robin & John in some of our favorite spots & a lot of them turned out pretty good.

I did a 'girls only' cruise with my 26 year old daughter & my best friend last fall but did not do a review from that cruise. We definitely made a lot of great memories though!

Juli

cool breeze cruiser,

love the review1 can't wait till the pictures of ports come. I was wondering what activities were the best or what to avoid? i'm trying to go in july 2014 by myself. did you see any wildlife? I have so many questions. can I friend you on here for future questions when my time gets closer?

thanks Brian

I already miss the Miracle too! :D But we will be back on her September 2014! :)

Cool Breeze Cruiser, we were on the Miracle a couple of weeks after you and we will be back for the Hawaii Sept 2014 cruise also. We loved the ship and I am enjoying your review, aaahh, the memories. Missing her too!:)

cool breeze cruiser,

love the review1 can't wait till the pictures of ports come. I was wondering what activities were the best or what to avoid? i'm trying to go in july 2014 by myself. did you see any wildlife? I have so many questions. can I friend you on here for future questions when my time gets closer?

thanks Brian

Thank you. I will try to add our excursions & pics when I get home from this conference. I would definitely book the small boat excursion in to Tracy Arm Fjord early as it fills up.

We saw whales, dolphins, Dalls porpoises, mountain goats, porcupines in a tree & salmon swimming upstream. We did not see any bears.

I will subscribe to this thread so I can get notified if you have any more questions.

I am loving your review. Dh and I want to do an Alaskan cruise in the next 5 years. I can't wait to read the rest of your review. Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks. I hope to get it finished in the next few days. I have a TON of pics to choose from though! :D

Cool Breeze Cruiser, we were on the Miracle a couple of weeks after you and we will be back for the Hawaii Sept 2014 cruise also. We loved the ship and I am enjoying your review, aaahh, the memories. Missing her too!:)

I am so excited about our Hawaiian cruise. Glad you will be joining us! :)

Check your rates. We just got a price drop this morning for that cruise under the March through December 2014 Preview sale.

Awwwww Julie and JR!! Loved all the pics!! too bad we didn't get to share the Miracle once again in the future. xo

Wish you & Larry had joined us. What memories we made on our Miracle 2012 cruise! :D There was no Quest game on our Alaskan cruise though! :( Definitely consider joining us for Hawaii September 2014!

Loving your review and the wonderful pictures! Thank you for taking the time to write and post. Kim

Thank you. Writing a review is always a great way to relive our cruise!