Battery powered fan

Cigar Dude

Talk to your cabin steward ,carnival has fans they will let you use.My gf is used to sleeping w/one ,told our steward it was hot in our cabin .They sent us one.

Did they send you a plug in kind? If so, was there a place to plug it in the room to have it blow over you? I was trying and trying to think of a way to fit my fan into my suitcase but it will be so much easier if I don't have to.

I have been cruising with an O2 Cool fan for years. Great fan. Mine's a little bigger than the one in your picture and flat with a narrow base. Mine works with batteries or electric. I pack the fan in my checked bag, and pack the electric cord in my carry on. This fan has come in handy over and over again as Carnival has been raising cabin temperatures. Recommend.

I have been cruising with an O2 Cool fan for years. Great fan. Mine's a little bigger than the one in your picture and flat with a narrow base. Mine works with batteries or electric. I pack the fan in my checked bag, and pack the electric cord in my carry on. This fan has come in handy over and over again as Carnival has been raising cabin temperatures. Recommend.

We take ours too. Sounds like the same one. Got it at Walmart. We pack it in our check luggage.

http://www.hotheadz.net/o2cobaflclfa.html?productid=o2cobaflclfa&channelid=FROOG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/O2-Cool-Flexi-Clip-Fan-O2-Cool-1261-/170989042763?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item27cfbdbc4b

I would probably get one of these instead (I have the second version) because the batteries will weigh and cost considerably less :)

Hi, Cigar Dude, I have an 8" O2 fan and it works great. I tried the smaller 5" fan but it didn't quite do the job. The 8" is much better and I pack two, one in each of our carry-ons. I pack the electric cords in one of my checked in bags but have never used them (I'm afraid the Room Steward will confiscate my fans which they did to my friend). We have the fans running whenever we are in the stateroom and we didn't have to replace the batteries. We have never had a problem bringing them onboard in our carry-on luggage. I purchased my fans at Wally World.

Rose

I've invested a lot of time trying to find power cords for the 5" 02cool fans.

I've even spoken with the corp. folks. They sell these fans with a ac plug in

but they do not sell the actual power chords for the 5" fans. I've scoured

goodwill stores where they usually have a box full of old chords with only some

success. Then I had a epiphany. I stopped looking of regular plug in / battery

fans and switched to USB powered fans. USB power chords that plug into a

110 outlet are very easy to find. Better yet get the fan with both. See below

Connectland USB Desk Fan (Black)

We also have to no problem what so every been taking them every since my little electric fan got taken:( I also had my doctor write a note which I keep with me in case these get taken that I need them in order to sleep and due to sinuses problems and menopause :) I make a copy of this note and tape it to the fan in my checked bag and tell them that I do have a doctors note if there is any problem:) got ours also at wallet world and has worked great !

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes, the batteries lasted all week on a 7 night cruise, we just made sure we shut the fan off when we left our stateroom and basically just used the fan if we took a nap (Ha! Ha!) or when getting showered and changed for dinner and at night when we slept.

Yes, the batteries lasted all week on a 7 night cruise, we just made sure we shut the fan off when we left our stateroom and basically just used the fan if we took a nap (Ha! Ha!) or when getting showered and changed for dinner and at night when we slept.

Thanks for the quick reply!! Will definitely look into buying one. We prefer to have the room cool for sleeping, last cruise, it never felt all that cool, moving some air will definitely help.

Happy Cruising!

We are just back from a nice trip on the Paradise out of Tampa. Our new O2 Cool battery operated fan was confiscated from carry on in security. No amount of pleading that they could keep the cord, we would just use batteries, etc. would sway them. First time in 20 cruises.

We are just back from a nice trip on the Paradise out of Tampa. Our new O2 Cool battery operated fan was confiscated from carry on in security. No amount of pleading that they could keep the cord, we would just use batteries, etc. would sway them. First time in 20 cruises.

Why the heck would they confiscate a battery operated device?? Makes no sense whatsoever. Thanks for letting me know to not ever sail on Paradise. That is absurd.

Why the heck would they confiscate a battery operated device?? Makes no sense whatsoever. Thanks for letting me know to not ever sail on Paradise. That is absurd.

Hate to disappoint you, but mine was confiscated on the Dream last December, and I did not even have a cord.

Hate to disappoint you, but mine was confiscated on the Dream last December, and I did not even have a cord.

Did they give you a reason?

I like my fan and would hate to have it taken.

The last cruise on Elation ciggy smoke would come in the middle of the night and wake me up.

(The steward said people smoke in the bathrooms and it travels.)

The fan helped some.

Did they give you a reason?

I like my fan and would hate to have it taken.

The last cruise on Elation ciggy smoke would come in the middle of the night and wake me up.

(The steward said people smoke in the bathrooms and it travels.)

The fan helped some.

Sorry, I never asked. It was returned on the last night.

Archived