Unexpected Death

GAMOM4

Well....I have decided to go ahead and go on the cruise in November....I am going with one of my friends whose husband also passed away. Since the last time I posted...my cousin in Oregon had invited me and my husband to go to Hawaii last week and I had told her no...she called me back the Wednesday after my husband passed away and asked me again and I told her no again..my family and my husband's family all thought it was a wonderful idea....I wasn't sure....I hadn't even finished all the funeral stuff....I had never been on a plane before (much less alone) ... but I boarded the plane in Atlanta and headed to Oregon to meet them and then on to Honolulu and final destination Maui .... I went from never stepping foot on a plane to 8 planes in 2 weeks.... I am not positive that it was the right time for the trip...but it was a once in a lifetime kind of thing...I missed my husband so bad...especially carrying the luggage and also seeing my cousin and her husband so happy together....after 6 days there I spent time in Oregon with my aunt and uncle and got to see the redwoods in California....I got back home Monday night...everyone thinks it was the best thing ever for me...and maybe they were right...I still haven't had the breakdown that a lot of people talk about....but tonight has been really sad..today was 1 month since he had the heart attack and tomorrow will be a month since his death.....gosh time passes fast.

My son has decided to go on the cruise in May with me on the Sunshine...I had already called the insurance company to cancel..and then he asked if he could go...he use to cruise with us but hasn't since his sister got married a few years ago....he shared a cabin with her and didn't want to stay in the cabin with us....and had no friends that could afford to cruise. I an sure his daddy will be looking down smiling at us on a cruise....he so wanted our son to start cruising with us again:)

Hugs go out to you....I'm sure it was very difficult to travel to Oregon and then Hawaii without your best friend but your husband would want you to be happy again.

Celebrate his life onboard the cruise with your son. That's great that he will be traveling with you. You will be able to make some new memories with your son while your husband looks down on you both. When you return from your cruise you will have to let us all know how it went

GAMOM, my heart breaks for you. I pray you find comfort in those times sadness tries to overcome.

Sounds like you are doing well one month out. You have very loving and supportive family and friends it sounds like! That is great that you got to travel and see some more of the world. It is great to hear that you will take your friend in Nov and your son in May. I am sure your husband would want that and he will be with you in spirit. God Bless and safe travels!

I feel tears stinging my eyes as I type this. I am so sorry for your loss...I can't imagine losing a spouse so suddenly. Knowing the bond that is between a husband and wife, my heart breaks for you. :( My deepest and most sincere condolences to you!

Hugs and prayers to you and your family during this time!

So sorry for the loss of your husband, friend and companion. I can only imagine how hard that must be for you right now.

Since your husband loved to cruise with you, and you both loved it so much, I'm sure he would want you to go on your upcoming cruise. It's a good time to reflect, and get away from things for a while too. Pick someone to go w/you that will respect your feelings, and you are comfortable with. It won't be the same without him, but that is not to say, you will not make new memories and have new adventures either alone or with a friend.

And, like someone else said, you don't have to make any decisions right away. Think on it.

Sending hugs out to you! Glad you decided to go ahead and go on your cruises. I'm sure your husband will be smiling down on you! I'm glad you decided to take the trip to Hawaii. I'm sure it was hard, but sounds like the things you've done have been therapeutic for you as well.

I'm so sorry for your loss!! My husband was a truck driver also and he was killed in an accident this past January. We were planning on going on a cruise this January to help celebrate friends getting married on the ship but I canceled it because it would of been too much for me! But I then realized he would of wanted me to go. Since I couldn't go in January I am going this October with some family and friends. by going on the cruise you will be remembering him the best way you can since you both liked to cruise. I know it will be hard because it will be for me too. Enjoy your cruise!!

My husband left for work on Monday morning and had a massive heart attack Monday afternoon....they called me from his place of employment - he is a truck driver and was picking up a load (we are so thankful he wasn't driving). So this week has been a total whirlwind of events....he was SO excited about our November cruise - this was the one where we were going to become platinum. And he was so looking forward to the cruise in May where we were going the 8 nights on the Sunshine.

I have insurance on the 8 night cruise .... but I didn't take it out on the November one because it was so cheap. Cruising was the one thing that we loved to do the most...we use to take our children with us....but have been cruising alone the last 5 since they are both grown now. A part of me can not ever imagine getting on a ship again ... another part of me thinks that my husand would be so mad if he thought I was giving up the opportunity to be platinum (not that it is that big of a deal.....just that it is something that we were working towards together and were excited that we had finally made it)

Life is Short - live it to the fullest while you can.

HELLO--THIS IS IRENE----I AM SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR LOSS----MY HUSBAND--TOO HAD A HEALTH PROBLEM---WHEN WE SAILED THE SENSATION FROM PORT CANAVERAL---AND DID NOT TAKE THE HEALTH INSURANCE--IT BEING A 4 DAY CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS----LUCKY FOR US--MY HUSBAND DID SURVIVED--HIS MIMI STROKE----BUT THE CARE HE RECEIVE IN THE SHIP WAS--OUTSTANDING----AND BEING SENIORS WE DID HAVE WE DO HAVE MEDICARE--AND WERE WITHIN A SHORT DISTANCE TO THE usa--SO WE WERE COVERED--NOW--WE WERE BOOKED FOR EUROPE AND HAD THE INSURANCE---BUT UNDER DOCTOR'S REQUEST WE CANCELLED AND RECEIVED OUR MONEY BACK---SO---WE TOO ENJOY CRUISING--SO NOW ITS JUST CARIBBEAN--AND YOU ARE RIGHT --LIFE IS SHORT---AND WE WILL LIFE IT TO THE FULLEST--THANK YOU--AND MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY----IRENE AND JOHN JOYCE--FROM--FLORIDE

Well....I have decided to go ahead and go on the cruise in November....I am going with one of my friends whose husband also passed away. Since the last time I posted...my cousin in Oregon had invited me and my husband to go to Hawaii last week and I had told her no...she called me back the Wednesday after my husband passed away and asked me again and I told her no again..my family and my husband's family all thought it was a wonderful idea....I wasn't sure....I hadn't even finished all the funeral stuff....I had never been on a plane before (much less alone) ... but I boarded the plane in Atlanta and headed to Oregon to meet them and then on to Honolulu and final destination Maui .... I went from never stepping foot on a plane to 8 planes in 2 weeks.... I am not positive that it was the right time for the trip...but it was a once in a lifetime kind of thing...I missed my husband so bad...especially carrying the luggage and also seeing my cousin and her husband so happy together....after 6 days there I spent time in Oregon with my aunt and uncle and got to see the redwoods in California....I got back home Monday night...everyone thinks it was the best thing ever for me...and maybe they were right...I still haven't had the breakdown that a lot of people talk about....but tonight has been really sad..today was 1 month since he had the heart attack and tomorrow will be a month since his death.....gosh time passes fast.

My son has decided to go on the cruise in May with me on the Sunshine...I had already called the insurance company to cancel..and then he asked if he could go...he use to cruise with us but hasn't since his sister got married a few years ago....he shared a cabin with her and didn't want to stay in the cabin with us....and had no friends that could afford to cruise. I an sure his daddy will be looking down smiling at us on a cruise....he so wanted our son to start cruising with us again:)

Thanks so much for the update even as it's bring tears to my eyes.

My husband left for work on Monday morning and had a massive heart attack Monday afternoon....they called me from his place of employment - he is a truck driver and was picking up a load (we are so thankful he wasn't driving). So this week has been a total whirlwind of events....he was SO excited about our November cruise - this was the one where we were going to become platinum. And he was so looking forward to the cruise in May where we were going the 8 nights on the Sunshine.

I have insurance on the 8 night cruise .... but I didn't take it out on the November one because it was so cheap. Cruising was the one thing that we loved to do the most...we use to take our children with us....but have been cruising alone the last 5 since they are both grown now. A part of me can not ever imagine getting on a ship again ... another part of me thinks that my husand would be so mad if he thought I was giving up the opportunity to be platinum (not that it is that big of a deal.....just that it is something that we were working towards together and were excited that we had finally made it)

Life is Short - live it to the fullest while you can.

So sorry for your loss! Same thing happened to my Dad and on a Monday as well. He went to work and died there from a Massive Heart Attack.

You are so right that Life is Short and to live it to the fullest! If you are up to it, take the cruise as that is what he would want for you to do!

God Bless!

Archived