Boston - car service or train?

Twelvevman

We are taking a repositioning cruise into Boston next May. I am debating on scheduling a car service to get us from black falcon back to RI or using the rail out of South Station. We are getting in on a Friday so it will be the full rail schedule. Does anyone know any reputable car services from Boston to RI? It will be my wife and my 4 year old son along with me.

Personally, I would go with a car service with the little guy. My inlaws live on Cape Cod, and they have a great car service, Cape Destinations.

http://www.capedestinations.com/

I have used them several times, going back and forth from Cape to Logan. They definitely go to cruise terminal and Providence, so I am sure they would do it. I can't promise that they are the least expensive option, but they are very reputable. :)

Enjoy your cruise.

We have used a couple (husband/wife duo) that provide shuttle service based here in RI. Over the past 5 years or so we have used them at least 10 times doing RC's Jewel of the Seas repos along with flights out of Logan.

They are very reasonable and always on time. They do not have a website but if you are interested send me an email at sls149 at cox.net and I will give you their name/phone number.

Sheal

what time are you going to be heading home, and how close to the train is your house? If it's rush hour, it'll probably be faster/cheaper to take the commuter rail from south station (the Providence line runs multiple times an hour); and call a cab while on the train to take you the last mile home.

We have used a couple (husband/wife duo) that provide shuttle service based here in RI. Over the past 5 years or so we have used them at least 10 times doing RC's Jewel of the Seas repos along with flights out of Logan.

They are very reasonable and always on time. They do not have a website but if you are interested send me an email at sls149 at cox.net and I will give you their name/phone number.

Sheal

Thank you for the offer. I have sent you an email.

what time are you going to be heading home, and how close to the train is your house? If it's rush hour, it'll probably be faster/cheaper to take the commuter rail from south station (the Providence line runs multiple times an hour); and call a cab while on the train to take you the last mile home.

We expect to get off the ship around 9:00. I would be able to get a ride from either providence or TF Greene without much problem. I think my son would like the train ride so it may be a nice way to end the trip. :)

We expect to get off the ship around 9:00. I would be able to get a ride from either providence or TF Greene without much problem. I think my son would like the train ride so it may be a nice way to end the trip. :)

My 4 y/o son is also huge into trains, so would prefer that option too, if offered...lol

We are taking a repositioning cruise into Boston next May. I am debating on scheduling a car service to get us from black falcon back to RI or using the rail out of South Station. We are getting in on a Friday so it will be the full rail schedule. Does anyone know any reputable car services from Boston to RI? It will be my wife and my 4 year old son along with me.

We just returned from a Canada/New England cruise out of Black Falcon Terminal in Boston and used a car service that services Massachusetts and Rhode Island. It was great to be dropped off and picked up right at the pier. The driver was waiting for us in a nearby parking lot and picked us up within a few minutes when we called his cellphone after we disembarked the ship. It would be so much easier than taking the train. The website mentions that it is a shared shuttle service; however, we were a party of 4 in a van with no other passengers. They offer one way and round trip service to many towns in both states. Here is their website if you want to check it out and call them for more information:

http://www.aiptheshuttle.com

Mary

Archived