Need to verify this!

JerseyshoreBruce

I just read a review about the Elation.....i need to find out if what they said is true.....The Lido Deck Buffet closes at 6pm everynight????? For once we decided to pack light for this getaway without our kids and planned on eating in the buffet for dinner more than the diningroom. If this review is right i will need to bring more dress clothes. Can anyone that has been on the Elation recently verify the buffet hours! Thanks!

I just read a review about the Elation.....i need to find out if what they said is true.....The Lido Deck Buffet closes at 6pm everynight????? For once we decided to pack light for this getaway without our kids and planned on eating in the buffet for dinner more than the diningroom. If this review is right i will need to bring more dress clothes. Can anyone that has been on the Elation recently verify the buffet hours! Thanks!

No, that's not true.

The buffet is open for dinner from 6pm until at least 9pm. Plus Pizza is 24 hours and the deli is open until 11pm each night, then there is 24 hour room service for sandwiches.

Edit to Add: Sorry the Elation doesn't have a deli I don't think but they do have a Mongolian Wok, but it may close at 6pm it does on other ships. There are 2 buffet lines so check each side, but one will be open every evening.

I have never seen any of the ships buffet close that early... And I think they do have a deli because I got this pic of a review a few weeks ago ... Got to love those Ruben sandwichs :) [ATTACH]286786[/ATTACH]

Neither have I.....I wasn't sure about the deli because I didn't see one on the deck plan, but I haven't been on this class of ship in a long time, so I couldn't really remember.

My deli fav is hot pastrami and cheese with plenty of mustard...........yum.

But to the OP, even jeans or long shorts are okay and seen often in the MDR except on formal night. So don't feel like you have to stay away. I wear capri's on most evenings.

Thanks....glad to hear that....the review that said it closed was the latest one on cruisecritic under the review option on the main page!

I read the same Review and will also be going on the Elation (next Month), and wondered how that could be true because that's about what time Dinner starts, not ends!! :rolleyes: Oh well, I really wonder sometimes about some of the reviews I read anyway!!

I believe the buffet line for hamburgers and hotdogs close at 6, but the buffet for actual dinner opens at 6 and usually closes about 9 or so. So you can still eat at lido after 6

Oh ok this is probably what they were talking about that closed at 6!! ;)

Archived