Bio Bay Tours

readytotravel44

We were hoping to do the BioIsland electric boat tour of the Bio Bay at Fallardo when we are in San juan before our cruise in December but when I checked with BioIsland for either Dec. 5 or Dec. 6 that were full. We're on their wait list but I'm not holding my breath.

I've tried contacting Baby Bay, the other electric boat company a few times and have gotten no response.

OH NO :eek: It's booked! I will do the kayaking one then if there is availability :)

I am checking on using this company for Dec. 6th. They gave me a phone number of "Hector" who would do a hotel pick up. Have not called him yet, so I'm not sure what his charge would be. I also have not heard back from the company if they have space available for the 6th.

There are only 2 companies that offer motorized boats from what I understand. I have positive results about this company from "valentinebaby" and others.

I am interested as well in this tour. I'll be in San Juan the same day. If you want to share transportation, and tour information, I'd be very interested.

Are you going on the Valor, 12-8?

I am interested as well in this tour. I'll be in San Juan the same day. If you want to share transportation, and tour information, I'd be very interested.

Are you going on the Valor, 12-8?

We are going on the 8th. We are a group of 16, but the BioBay tour would be just DH and myself. Haven't heard anything from the tour yet. Are you going on the Valor also? If it works out, we would gladly share transportation.

We are going on the 8th. We are a group of 16, but the BioBay tour would be just DH and myself. Haven't heard anything from the tour yet. Are you going on the Valor also? If it works out, we would gladly share transportation.

Sure am- on the same ship. :)

budgetqueenalaska@yahoo.com

So...finally heard from BioIsland and they only have 2 spots available for Friday Dec.6th. for the 6pm tour and 4 spots avail. for Saturday Dec.7th for the 7:30 tour. They do not provide transportation to and from hotel, but they gave me a name of a tour operator, Hector. Talked with Hector and he charges $150. round trip :eek: If no one else uses him for this tour that would be our cost, :eek: again! I think he told me his van holds 6 people :confused:, so if it was shared it would be $25.pp.

Does anyone know what the cost of a rental car would be for an evening? I don't think I would want to atempt driving especially at night tho.

So...I'm still lost at what I'm going to do. At least if we kayak they provide transportation and the cost would be around $68.pp.

Umm...decisions, decisions!

So...finally heard from BioIsland and they only have 2 spots available for Friday Dec.6th. for the 6pm tour and 4 spots avail. for Saturday Dec.7th for the 7:30 tour. They do not provide transportation to and from hotel, but they gave me a name of a tour operator, Hector. Talked with Hector and he charges $150. round trip :eek: If no one else uses him for this tour that would be our cost, :eek: again! I think he told me his van holds 6 people :confused:, so if it was shared it would be $25.pp.

Does anyone know what the cost of a rental car would be for an evening? I don't think I would want to atempt driving especially at night tho.

So...I'm still lost at what I'm going to do. At least if we kayak they provide transportation and the cost would be around $68.pp.

read my reply at the bottom of page 1...maybe that will help with the car rental and drive questions :)

I don't know if you are on the roll call, but maybe consider posting this there would get one more person- which is all that can be go with only 4 spots available??

what is the kayak tour operator web site that you list above with the transportation?

read my reply at the bottom of page 1...maybe that will help with the car rental and drive questions :)

Thanks...I think we decided we are booking the kayak tour. Our plane gets in @ 1:30pm (if it's on time) and by the time we get our luggage, get to the hotel it will be cutting it close in time to get to Fajardo on time. With traffic and not knowing right where to go, plus the fact we really don't want to be driving back in the dark. Now I'm worrying if we're cutting it too close if there are delays...:(

what is the kayak tour operator web site that you list above with the transportation?

Yes, I am on the roll call list. If you google bio bay in fajardo by kayak. The first two that come up. The second one gives a list of all the company's. The cost average is around $45pp w/$20pp transportation.

• 1 month later...

We booked a tour with Bioisland. for 4 people for the end of November. They then changed their tour times to earlier and our flight time was changed to later. We doubted we could get there in time for the tour. We also found out the bay was not glowing much at all. Based on these reasons we canceled the tour 3 days out, well ahead of their 48 hour cancellation period. We even got an email back from them. We we returned home from our cruise vacation I found a $208 charge to my card from them. They have not responded to emails or removed the charge. I do not recommend trusting them. I have had to challenge the charge with my bank.