Babysitting services on NCL

toyotaford

We have two couples on our group traveling next month who are considering bringing babies. One will be 10 months and the other 13 months. Does anyone know any details about hours of availability and charges for babysitting services. Also, do the babies have to be a certain age to use the service?

We have two couples on our group traveling next month who are considering bringing babies. One will be 10 months and the other 13 months. Does anyone know any details about hours of availability and charges for babysitting services. Also, do the babies have to be a certain age to use the service?

Norwegian doesn't offer baby-sitting services. There is a group-sitting service for kids 3-12 years old, but nothing for kids under the age of three. Even the Splash Academy program doesn't have a drop off program for the little ones. You can find more info here: http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/freestyle-family-fun/youth-programs

Sorry!

You are sailing in a month and they haven't yet decided what to do with their infant children? Did they actually think they could show up at the pier with babies in arms who are not listed on the booking! :eek:

You are sailing in a month and they haven't yet decided what to do with their infant children? Did they actually think they could show up at the pier with babies in arms who are not listed on the booking! :eek:

Actually, they both have made arrangements but are having trouble leaving them for 9 days. I would not allow them to just show up at the pier without prior arrangements. I am aware there are a limited number of passengers allowed but I have both GV's booked on this cruise as well as 3 haven suites and non of them are filled to capacity. I also have the two bedroom suite not in the haven booked with only 3 people in it and one of my balcony rooms only has one person it in so I feel I have a little bit if room. NCL has always been very accommodating to me and I feel they would find room for two infants if I let them know in the next day or two I wanted to bring them.

Actually, they both have made arrangements but are having trouble leaving them for 9 days. I would not allow them to just show up at the pier without prior arrangements. I am aware there are a limited number of passengers allowed but I have both GV's booked on this cruise as well as 3 haven suites and non of them are filled to capacity. I also have the two bedroom suite not in the haven booked with only 3 people in it and one of my balcony rooms only has one person it in so I feel I have a little bit if room. NCL has always been very accommodating to me and I feel they would find room for two infants if I let them know in the next day or two I wanted to bring them.

Fair enough. Odds seem in your favor that with the number of unassigned berths on your booking that two of them should still be available at this late date (barring freakishly high sales of all the other 3rd and 4th berths in the same lifeboats as yours). I didn't mean to jump down your throat but your question had me flashing back to the thread from a couple who found out they were pregnant shortly after booking (well over 18 months ahead)--despite all the responses they remained adamant that there was no need to change to a 3+ capacity cabin or even add the child to the booking.

Check your itinerary... if you have 3+ consecutive sea days, babies need to be a year old to be allowed on board.

Check your itinerary... if you have 3+ consecutive sea days, babies need to be a year old to be allowed on board.

I need to check that. I talked to my PCC last week (she is on a cruise this week, that is why I didn't call her about the babysitting service) and she told me 6 months was the age.

Archived