Speechless

Buffalofirsttimer4

LOL, you are speechless that underpaid security guards steal things from stupid passengers who leave valuables in their checked luggae, really? I would be shock if it was still there!

While I think most cruise passengers know better, is it really necessary to laugh at the OP and call a victim stupid for a mistake in judgement.

No need to laugh at me- whether underpaid or not- it's just not ethical nor was I raised to TAKE items that do not belong to me.

I do pack my valuables in my carry on but if I did not the person(s) handling my luggage does not have the right to remove these items - that was the point.

I guess using your logic if you mistakenly left your expensive item in your checked luggage- they, the underpaid security guard, would have every right to take your possessions and do as they wish ;).

No need to laugh at me- whether underpaid or not- it's just not ethical nor was I raised to TAKE items that do not belong to me.

I do pack my valuables in my carry on but if I did not the person(s) handling my luggage does not have the right to remove these items - that was the point.

I guess using your logic if you mistakenly left your expensive item in your checked luggage- they, the underpaid security guard, would have every right to take your possessions and do as they wish ;).

Nobody is saying they have the right to steal from you. Just that It happens , there are crooks everywhere , so watch your back. Just because you and yours were raised to never take something that doesn't belong to you doesn't mean everyone else did

They stole my bottle of Tequila too.

They stole my gel, extra support, push-up bra. At my age that's as valuable as things get.

I thought it was funny the OP was speechless. I would expect it and be happy if it didn't happen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

LOL, you are speechless that underpaid security guards steal things from stupid passengers who leave valuables in their checked luggae, really? I would be shock if it was still there!

I don't think the fact that they are "underpaid" has anything to do with it.

It is sad when we ridicule someone's misfortune. It is also sad when people who are in positions of trust violate that trust. It is also a travesty when you would expect someone to steal from you.

Lol, it happens and when it does cry a river, build a bridge and get over it. Above all learn from it. At no point would I say I trust a security guard. My bra was stolen and honestly I can say I haven't been the same since. Yes I agree that was a travesty, those dirty rascals.

True, theft has nothing to due with being underpaid. White collar crooks take a lot more and get away with it. Trust no one with your valuables.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Low hanging fruit for the thieves. This is why I always carry my valuable items on board, and also why I put locks on the luggage.

Certainly anyone with a cheap blade could cut open luggage, but a thief in the midst of tons and tons of bags isn't as likely to bother with locked ones. A quick unzip, a poke around, and then steal anything that looks good... Carving up luggage would attract too much attention and make it obvious that a crime had occurred.

If you think its bad cruising, my friend worked at Newark Int'l Airport and when he worked ramp services he said he would see his co-workers leave at the end of the day with garbage bags of things they didn't have that morning when they arrived.

It happens everywhere. You just have to take precautions against it. :(

Ipads and other valuables should not be in checked bags. Period.

Basic common sense. Also don't wear flashy looking jewelry in some ports, even if it's faux diamonds. Don't lead people into temptation, they can get there all by themselves. Ok, that might be the new version when traveling with valuables.

There is a lock on the tithe box in St Peters Ballisica, the MOTHER of all churches. I was a bit speechless seeing that:D

Archived