Corner Brook - What to do?

We are in Corner Brook on 10/6 from 8:00 to 6:00. The ship's tour we're interested in explores the Bay of Islands with stops at Frechman's Cove, Bottle Cove and Lark Harbour but it's pricey. $89 for 3 1/2 hours.

Can we get off the ship and hire a cab to do the same thing? How much would it cost?

Or any other suggestions what to do while we're in Corner Brook?

We've contemplated Gros Morne but not sure we want to spend that much time on a bus and aren't interested in renting a car.

We were not really prepared for Cornerbrook, should have done a bit more research so just walked around town. Not much to see IMO, I would do a tour of some sort. In hind sight, I wish we had of done some sort of tour. The sail-away scenery is spectacular, HUGE cliffs, also saw whales about an hour out of Cornerbrook.

so I tried to find taxi tour,to no avail.Looked on Canada tourism web and found some info.But seems very small and we had no interest in rent a car either.

Didn t want to just wander,so ended up booking the ships tour to see the sights and YES it is on bus,some of the time.Take it next week and will let everyone know the details.Or if I find more info when there.

Think toms port guides(google) offer s lots of info too.;)

I did find some information about taxis. I called one of them and he said that it shouldn't be a problem just getting off the ship and getting a taxi. He quoted $75 per 1 1/2 hours. You might try one of these if you want to reserve a cab:

City Cabs (709 634-6565

Corner Taxi (709) 634-5662

Star Taxi (709 634-4343)

Birchy Taxi (709 785-2540)

• 3 weeks later...

its worth it to book a ships tour,the city is unremarkable and really need to see the coast and scenery.We did 3 hr.tour and very pretty outside city limits.

There were cabs waiting at pier,also shuttle bus to town.

We spoke to a couple that took city tour with taxi and basically saw a few nice spots,but ours sounded MUCH BETTER.

:)

Archived