St Maarten and St Thomas

livingitup

Oh my, I want to thank all of you for your help. This is my first time cruising to these ports and my friends first time cruising EVER, so I am a little nervous. The past 3yrs of my life have been a little trying for me as I have had some life altering events happen in this time period and because of the hard times I decided to cruise!!! Life is to short not to just LIVE IT!! We will get off the ship and see what we can and not worry cause our home, FOS will be waiting for us to return.:)

Whatever you do stay away from Orient Beach. You'll never be the same again :eek:

We went to Orient beach wife and I walked down past the rocks into the clubs beach was Very interesting:D until my wife seen a elderly man jogging on the beach toward us and that was enough for her had to turn around and head back :):o

I am trying to find out what sort of things are available at these ports if you don't go into town.

Plenty of shopping at both ports right in the immediate area of the docks. We didnt take any excursions and found something to do at both ports close to the ship.

If partying is your thing, Senor Frogs is right there close to the ship in St Thomas.

Plenty of shopping at both ports right in the immediate area of the docks. We didnt take any excursions and found something to do at both ports close to the ship.

If partying is your thing, Senor Frogs is right there close to the ship in St Thomas.

I saw the signs for it but we didn't go.....isn't there also butterfly farm right on the pier in St. Thomas? :)

I saw the signs for it but we didn't go.....isn't there also butterfly farm right on the pier in St. Thomas? :)

There sure is! Butterfly Garden is the name. We visited the gift shop there but didnt go inside the main part where the butterflies are. Very nice people.

Does anyone have pictures or video's of what these ports have in the immediate area when you get off the ship? I am trying to find out what sort of things are available at these ports if you don't go into town.

I do know you ask for stuff around the port, but I also know RCCL does offer an excursion for those in wheelchairs and those who have walking difficulties. It's worth a shoot to see if they offer them at these ports. It would be sad if you couldn't see the islands they are beautiful..

I do know you ask for stuff around the port, but I also know RCCL does offer an excursion for those in wheelchairs and those who have walking difficulties.

Are you talking about the tour in St Thomas? Im in a wheelchair myself and tried to book that but it was already full. Seemed pretty neat and was fairly priced.

I didnt notice anything in St Maarten for wheelchair users through RCI. The port area was VERY accessible though! Even moreso than St Thomas IMO.

Are you talking about the tour in St Thomas? Im in a wheelchair myself and tried to book that but it was already full. Seemed pretty neat and was fairly priced.

I didnt notice anything in St Maarten for wheelchair users through RCI. The port area was VERY accessible though! Even moreso than St Thomas IMO.

Yes I just looked and they have one in St Maarten when we go in October. They go to Marigot!

Yes I just looked and they have one in St Maarten when we go in October. They go to Marigot!

That is great! I would love to hear about it when you get back :)

I want to go back to St Maarten again and actually venture out this time.

Guest maddycat
Oh my, I want to thank all of you for your help. This is my first time cruising to these ports and my friends first time cruising EVER, so I am a little nervous. The past 3yrs of my life have been a little trying for me as I have had some life altering events happen in this time period and because of the hard times I decided to cruise!!! Life is to short not to just LIVE IT!! We will get off the ship and see what we can and not worry cause our home, FOS will be waiting for us to return.:)

Great attitude. We've been to both St. Thomas and St. Martin many times. We've done the tours and gone into town in the past. Now, we just get off of the ship, walk around, browse in the shops and sit and people watch for a while before returning to the ship.

Regardless what you do you'll love both those ports:) The port area in St. Maarten is nice and will be fine (shops, bars, etc). If you can find your way to town via taxi it's even better:) Enjoy your cruise!!!!:) We cruised with an able bodied relative a few years ago to both these ports and he never left the ship (stayed aboard to drink over priced beer), what a fool! Glad to see you'll be getting off and maximizing your experience.

Archived