Captain's club credit for paid in full cruise not sailled

lara68

It looks like because of unforeseen problems, we might not be able to go on a cruise in 2 weeks they we already paid in full for. If we are not able to sail, does anyone know, if we would get points for the paid cruise not used?? We are, needless to say, deeply upset about the possible cancellation.

Sorry to hear about the possible cancellation. I believe, but not absolute, the answer to your question is no, either you will cancel in advance or be a no show. Either way you will not complete the cruise and I believe that credit is given for completed cruises not paid for cruises.

NOT the answer we were hoping for, but thank you for your responses. I was afraid this would be the case.

Depending on the reason for your cancellation I would contact Celebrity in advance and discuss the issue and see about possible changing your cruise even though you are well past final payment. They MAY do something for you although they do not have to do anything for you.

Don't just assume the worst even thought technically that is all you are entitled to....on some occaisions they have maye accomodations.

Depending on the reason for your cancellation I would contact Celebrity in advance and discuss the issue and see about possible changing your cruise even though you are well past final payment. They MAY do something for you although they do not have to do anything for you.

Don't just assume the worst even thought technically that is all you are entitled to....on some occaisions they have maye accomodations.

Definitely call Celebrity and explain the reason for the cancellation. You'll probably be directed to your TA if you used one to book the cruise. Tell them your reason for needing to cancel and your intention to book another cruise ASAP. They just may give you a future credit that can be used. Won't be everything, but might help a bit. You are saying "no" to yourself if you don't try. No problem if you have "cancel anytime" insurance.

Hope the problem that's causing you to cancel is resolved in the best way possible for you.

NOT the answer we were hoping for, but thank you for your responses. I was afraid this would be the case.

Do contact Celebrity, port fees and gratuities should be refundable if cancelled prior to cruise. If you act quickly you may get only a 90% cancellation charge instead of 100% charge. Certainly in the UK there is a responsibility to act to reduce 'damages'.

It would never occur to me to worry about cruise points. I'd be more worried about getting my money back through insurance. Hope you had it, and very sorry that you may have to cancel.

I guess I was just trying to salvage something from this possible loss. Yes, we do have insurance but we're uncertain if it will cover the cancellation since it is my elderly dad who is not doing well.

So glad you have insurance. Depending on your policy, it may or may not cover illness of an immediate family member. IMHO the course of action would be to contact your insurance company, your TA and Celebrity quickly as refunds are time sensitive.

Please let us know how things work out. Hope your father recovers quickly.

Archived