Carnival STILL calling Sunshine a "NEW SHIP"

DarthGrady

[quote name='ohiogymrat']As has been mentioned a few times in this thread.... on the carnival website sunshine is listed as the transformed Destiny.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying there is some king of link from the print the OP posted to some kind of something in the Internet, when one doesn't even have a computer?

[quote name='cjknox']Not even comparable Bill.

Liberty of the Seas received a light cleaning compared to what was done to the Carnival Destiny. In past refurbishments Carnival has made it clear that the ship underwent a refurbishment. The Destiny however got completely gutted. It's like if you bought a used car that had every last component replaced except for the outer shell it would be a new car.[/quote]

Gutted? Replaced except for the outer shell? Are you channeling your inner Sarge? LMAO! :p:D:p

Oh my gosh. I have been booked for my sunshine cruise for over a year. I remember seeing the advertisements for the transformation and not one time did I think carnival was tying to fool anybody. I was excited about it and thats why my family booked the trip. Not once has anyone whined that they felt like carnival has misled them. Do your homework whether you are a new or seasoned cruiser. I truly do not understand the continual moaning and groaning on this subject. So silly. If someone feels like carnival misled them maybe they should have researched a little better in the first place.

[quote name='rolltidebama']Oh my gosh. I have been booked for my sunshine cruise for over a year. I remember seeing the advertisements for the transformation and not one time did I think carnival was tying to fool anybody. I was excited about it and thats why my family booked the trip. Not once has anyone whined that they felt like carnival has misled them. Do your homework whether you are a new or seasoned cruiser. I truly do not understand the continual moaning and groaning on this subject. So silly. If someone feels like carnival misled them maybe they should have researched a little better in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!!! And Roll Tide!!!!!!

[quote name='snownyet']Can we just get past this and back to talking about dress codes, chair hogs and smoking? This "new" sunshine stuff is distracting us from our real purpose here.[/QUOTE]

[B][U][CENTER]I basically said the same & was ignored!:mad:

So they mislead you...Time to move on, they did!!!:D

Now where DID my pack of Benson & Hedges get to!:eek:;)[/CENTER][/U][/B]

[quote name='rolltidebama']If someone feels like carnival misled them maybe they should have researched a little better in the first place.[/QUOTE]

So now it is a fault of people who were misled by "sudden" name change? Niiiice. :)

Do you check every new ship if it is just a refurbished almost 20 yo one?

It is misleading. I mean you can justify it or try to quality it but "new" means "new". New does not mean renovated or refurbished. Most people would not accept that a 17 year old anything was "new" just because of renovations no matter how extensive they are.

Having said that, wow @ the changes they made. I saw the video and she really does look "new". I would sail on her and I tend to cruise with NCL most of the time. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZoyuLL7sEgo#t=50[/url]

They are very forthcoming about the ship's history on their virtual tour.

The Sunshine is getting close to 20 years old. If it was a car it would soon qualify for antique tags. There are a lot of antique cars that are restored and nicer than when they were new but they are still used cars. Maybe Carnival should call the Sunshine an antique. :eek:

Cheers!

[quote name='Sargent_Schultz']You can't go into a supermarket these days without seeing NEW on some product that has been around for decades.

Carnival Sunshine is NEW and it is perfectly legal for Carnival to say so.

Maybe try asking the FTC?[/QUOTE]

They sell refurbished products as new? :rolleyes:

You are mixing product overall and particular item.

If Carnival builts another Destiny class ship it will be a New ship, even though it will belong to an old class of Carnival.

[quote name='Ematic81']Would you prefer them use "introducing the new to you carnival sunshine"??? Lol[/QUOTE]

LOL

Why not? Somebody earlier in the thread suggested, that it does not matter if ship really new, only relatively. :)

[quote name='Tatka']They sell refurbished products as new? :rolleyes:

You are mixing product overall and particular item.

If Carnival builts another Destiny class ship it will be a New ship, even though it will belong to an old class of Carnival.[/quote]

[quote name='bassmaster150']At the end of the day, does it really matter?????? What do all the other cruise lines (smaller ones) do when they buy a ship from another company and rename it....and it becomes their ship.....they call it a NEW ship.....who cares...I mean why does everyone get hung up on this?? My wife and I are in Barcelona right now, and will be on the NEW Carnival Sunshine in about 1 hour. Last year at this time, we were on the OLD Carnival Destiny....when it is all said and done, we will have an incredible experience in all of the ports we are going to see, and memories that will last a lifetime. Enjoy life for the memories that you can make, and don't get hung up on the small insignificant things that don't really matter at the end of the day.[/quote]

Agreed. Life is too short.

[quote name='Jenna1983']Some people spend way too much time obsessing/worrying over this. I sailed sunshine three weeks ago and it was one of the better Carnival ships I've been on.[/quote]

100% Agree. Spending time on the internet chatting isn't the most productive thing. Great to hear you had a nice cruise and loved the ship.

What does it have to do with discussed topic? :)

[quote name='Jenna1983']People worry too much over what it's called. New, newly refurbished, renamed. Who cares in the long run?[/quote]

When you buy stuff do you care if it is new or old item and just refurbished and sold? Most of people do care. Why would this be any different with ships?

If it is not that important why rename it and call it a "New" ship? People will buy it anyway, old and refurbished, right? I think nothing is wrong with old and refurbished (in some cases) as long as customer has this information.

So what bothers people is not getting honest information. I am not sure, maybe it is TA tactics, then Carnival should've advised them to stop this.

[quote name='Jenna1983']Some people spend way too much time obsessing/worrying over this. I sailed sunshine three weeks ago and it was one of the better Carnival ships I've been on.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a safety concern. It's principle, integrity, and good business. Personally, I don't think anyone on this board is losing sleep over this. It's just another discussion of many. It may just seem amplified because of the nature of discussion boards.

[quote name='Sargent_Schultz']You can't go into a supermarket these days without seeing NEW on some product that has been around for decades.

?[/quote]
Horrid analogy.
Items in the supermarket are not opened and proclaimed as being new. Once that product is opened, it isn't new.
And when a 'supermarket item' is 'new' it doesn't have a name change...so everyone knows exactly [B]what [/B]it is and how long it's been around.

I don't see this as that big a deal...but it does leave a bad taste in ones mouth when you feel like they are trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Honesty goes a lot further than marketing deception and for some, leaves a far better impression of the integrity of a business.

[quote name='halos']Horrid analogy.
Items in the supermarket are not opened and proclaimed as being new. Once that product is opened, it isn't new.
And when a 'supermarket item' is 'new' it doesn't have a name change...so everyone knows exactly [B]what [/B]it is and how long it's been around.

I don't see this as that big a deal...but it does leave a bad taste in ones mouth when you feel like they are trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Honesty goes a lot further than marketing deception and for some, leaves a far better impression of the integrity of a business.[/QUOTE]

And if something were in the shelf for 17 years, a new label would not cover the expriration date, nor cover the bulges from botulism.

You're right. What a sorry analogy.

[quote name='Jenna1983']Some people spend way too much time obsessing/worrying over this. I sailed sunshine three weeks ago and it was one of the better Carnival ships I've been on.[/quote]

Because t[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]hey have to protect the inocent. There are so many unscrupulous companies out there and so many neadrathal cruisers that can’t figure out it’s not a new ship. I know you had to hear over and over again on the Sunshine how so many people were shocked, in horror, that the Sunshine wasn’t in fact brand spankin new all over.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I’ll say it again, thank you all for protecting me, from me, in spite of myself. I couldn’t do it without you.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Archived