Roll Calls...the Good, Bad and the Ugly

Smiles3usa

Has anyone else had nasty people ruin a cruise?

- Joel

I booked a private tour to the catacombs in Rome one year. From our rollcall thread, a couple emailed me and wanted to join the tour along with one of their fathers. The father was in a wheelchair at the time and I pointed out that this tour was underground with many steps. I was assured that he would not be wheelchair bound come tour time. As my wife and I, along with another couple, walked up to the meeting point for the tour, I saw the couple with the father still in a wheelchair. just about that time the tour guide walked up and politely started to tell them that this tour was not for anyone in a whelchair. The husband interrupted him, stuck his finger in his face and yelled, "We'll worry about that when the time comes!" I then walked over, got between them and told the passenger if he didn't back off, he'd be in a wheelchair as well. At that point I told the father and wife that I was very sorry, but because of the husband actions, they were not welcome on the tour.

I booked a private tour to the catacombs in Rome one year. From our rollcall thread, a couple emailed me and wanted to join the tour along with one of their fathers. The father was in a wheelchair at the time and I pointed out that this tour was underground with many steps. I was assured that he would not be wheelchair bound come tour time. As my wife and I, along with another couple, walked up to the meeting point for the tour, I saw the couple with the father still in a wheelchair. just about that time the tour guide walked up and politely started to tell them that this tour was not for anyone in a whelchair. The husband interrupted him, stuck his finger in his face and yelled, "We'll worry about that when the time comes!" I then walked over, got between them and told the passenger if he didn't back off, he'd be in a wheelchair as well. At that point I told the father and wife that I was very sorry, but because of the husband actions, they were not welcome on the tour.

Now i want to take you and Poodle with me on my next cruise. :)

Did you ever see the Ellen show with the older women in the wheelchair (got to sit right at the edge of the stage) and when Ellen blew cash into the audience the women was up out of the wheelchair running around bending, reaching, grabbing all the money. It was a Christmas miracle! :D