Time changes on Celebrity Panama Canal

RobC1116

I have been looking at some private excursions on shoretrips.com on our upcoming Panama Canal eastbound cruise departing on the Celebrity Century on December 21. I was prepared to book, until I saw in red letters the notice: make sure ship's time is the same as local time; otherwise, the tour times may not "fit" the cruise time in port. For example, the ship is supposed to be in Puntarenas at 7 am, the private shore trip departs 8 am, but if the ship is not on local time, the times won't fit. Does anyone know Celebrity's policy on changing to local time on this cruise? Thanks!

did a panama canal cruise last Dec on Century.

The ship will announce the change in time on board in the dailies. Our time on ship was the same as in port in each time zone.

don't worry, book your tours. The tour operators know what time the ship is in port.

Celebrity usually, but not always adjusts ship time to match local time. It is up to the discretion of the Captain whether or not to do this; as such it is not possible to know for certain in advance what will occur. Reputable privately booked shore excursion vendors are privy to working with cruise ship passengers and will be ready for you when you arrive; if the company you are looking at cannot promise this, I would look for a different company to patronage. I could be wrong, but I think Shore Trips is not the company that actually provides the excursion, but is a travel agency that serves as middle man between people looking to book excursions and various companies that provide excursions. If so they would not be the best to book with as the quality can be highly variable.

Archived