difference in balcony size?

atlantic cruiser

I have one of the coveted B3 balconies and don't plan to give it up! Even a reasonable upsell to another category would not tempt me. I love large balconies and this sounds like it will fit the bill.

I have one 7008 for 34 days next year...even paid in full to secure it 8months out, Its one of the best. Only way I would trade is for a gratis to a penthouse.... Its that good

I have one 7008 for 34 days next year...even paid in full to secure it 8months out, Its one of the best. Only way I would trade is for a gratis to a penthouse.... Its that good

in the "back of the bus" for the T/A for '15. Had one there when Marina first came out...and didn't have the larger deck furniture. Guess we have that "tunnel effect" you talked about...but still thought it was a great, big wonderful balcony...and with bigger furniture now it should be terrific!!! And great for having other CC members over for a party!! :D LuAnn

• 4 weeks later...

What is a B3 Extended balcony? I'm new to Oceania, and may want to try and snag one of these. We do love a nice balcony. By the way, is this on Riveria or Marina? How do you find them on the deck plan? Please any information would be most helpful.

Edited by cajun_corgi

What is a B3 Extended balcony? I'm new to Oceania, and may want to try and snag one of these. We do love a nice balcony. By the way, is this on Riveria or Marina? How do you find them on the deck plan? Please any information would be most helpful.

The Riviera and Marina have the same deck plans. B3 are on the 7th deck and have an extended balcony. The are in the front and back of the ship. Cabins 7000 through 7009 in the front have extended balconies and cabins and cabins 7008 through 7131 (except 7009) have extended balconies and are now B3. They use to be B4. We were in 7115 twice and enjoyed the cabin, We were in 7004 in April and it was okay. Now that the extended balcony is more expensive we will be in the new B4 which is a regular size balcony for our B2B in 2015. Here is the deck plan link.

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/documents/deck-plans/Deck-Plans_O-Class.pdf

The Riviera and Marina have the same deck plans. B3 are on the 7th deck and have an extended balcony. The are in the front and back of the ship. Cabins 7000 through 7009 in the front have extended balconies and cabins and cabins 7008 through 7131 (except 7009) have extended balconies and are now B3. They use to be B4. We were in 7115 twice and enjoyed the cabin, We were in 7004 in April and it was okay. Now that the extended balcony is more expensive we will be in the new B4 which is a regular size balcony for our B2B in 2015. Here is the deck plan link.

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/documents/deck-plans/Deck-Plans_O-Class.pdf

We have upgraded from b3 to pH, one of the only 4 ph on deck 7. So big cabin and big balcony. We often booked caribe deck on princess and so got used to a lot of outside space.....

Which cabins on 7 that have the extended balcony have the "tunnel effect"?

How do you tell on the deck plan? I would like to have the larger balcony but don't think I'll like "tunnel effect". Thanks

See message #10

I did not feel the tunnel effect but others seemed to think it was

YMMV

What is a B3 Extended balcony?

051619.jpg

At the front and back of Deck 7 on both the Marina & Riviera, there are a number of cabins which have a deeper than normal veranda, due to the shape of the hull of the ship. For example, those toward the rear of the ship, sit over the -full width of the ship- Grand Dining Room.

110805.jpgThese larger verandas are clearly illustrated on the deck plans (see above) and they differ from a "standard" veranda in that the distance from the outer cabin door to the veranda railing is about 15 feet, versus the five foot depth of a "normal" veranda. Otherwise, the dimensions are the same as any other veranda.

At present, these larger verandas are furnished in a manner similar to that of every other veranda cabin, but because of their larger size, additional items may be requested on a cruise by cruise basis.

084548.jpg

Hope that this helped, and Good Luck in Booking an extended balcony cabin! :D

Which cabins on 7 that have the extended balcony have the "tunnel effect"?

How do you tell on the deck plan? I would like to have the larger balcony but don't think I'll like "tunnel effect". Thanks

Look at the deck plans. The extended decks, on deck 7 only, easily show up. If there is a partition on both sides, they are longer than the deck's width, producing a view that can be compared to looking out of a tunnel.

On 4 of the decks, 7108 and 7111 in the aft section and similarly in the forward section, the partion is only on one side.

We had 7108 on Marina's maiden voyage and were the first to write about it. Our experienced varied from others, as we felt uncomfortably exposed out there. We won't book it again. We actually prefer the standard depth deck in categories A and B.

We have sailed in 7128, one of the aft penthouse cabins with an extended deck, and we would choose that again, because the deck is wide enough to obviate the tunnel vision. We would possibly choose 7130 or 7133 for the aft wraparound deck on certain voyages when there are beautiful sailaways, otherwise we would miss the extra 2 feet of cabin width.

sent from Galaxy Note 8

For us, the tunnel effect is not an issue. Just move the furniture closer to the railing. As well, shade is usually always available due to the depth of the deck. We have never regretted our deeper deck. Thanks to a prior poster for the suggestion to request additional furniture. I would love to have a chaise on the deck for our upcoming cruises.

• 3 weeks later...
HAWAIIDAN: the four balconies that have one side open, did you feel exposed? How much can people on other balconies see?

In order to get a larger veranda with superior views and square footage your going to have to give up something. IN THIS CASE you can see more into others cabins than they can to yours.

For me I could care less. Remember you have curtains'... relax, its no big deal unless you make it one

I mean if your sensitive to others seeing you you might want to avoid the pool, sun deck and other public spaces....

Can you request a table and chairs in order to eat breakfast on the balcony? And if so, do you have your agent request before arrival or do I do it once on board?

Thanks much for your help.

Carole

Two chairs are already part of the "standard" furniture set up for a category B Veranda Cabin, so all that you would need to request is a larger (i.e. higher) table. Your Agent may request it ahead of time, or you may ask for one on the ship.

oceania_riviera-42-640x426.jpg

It should be noted here that only Continental Breakfast is provided through Room Service in a B Cabin on Oceania, so getting the larger table may be more trouble than it is worth.

• 1 year later...