so... i didn't know carnival water slides were salt water

chanpion13

that didn't end well. i've had better swallows.

No doubt, but I haven't had a better chuckle in DAYS. :D

I had a siimlar experience at a hotel in Atlanta recently, where the pool and the hot tub were both saline pools. Really weird at first, but since they're in a central courtyard with a retractable roof, it really cuts down on that nasty chlorine pool smell. Plus it's better for you and easier on your bathing suit.

Since the pool had a 10-foot deep section, I decided it was a good training ground for my upcoming cruise on Victory. :)

I don't mean to spoil the joking mood, but I just want to point out that some of Carnival's waterslides are not saltwater. The ones with the Waterworks slides, like on 6 of the Fantasy class ships, the Sunshine/Destiny, & the 3 Dream class ships. But even on those ships, the pools are saltwater.

I don't mean to spoil the joking mood, but I just want to point out that some of Carnival's waterslides are not saltwater. The ones with the Waterworks slides, like on 6 of the Fantasy class ships, the Sunshine/Destiny, & the 3 Dream class ships. But even on those ships, the pools are saltwater.

Maybe, but when you hit the decel tank wrong and get your sinuses washed out, you really don't notice whether it's salt or fresh... ;) :eek: (but boy could I breathe for the next day or so :D )

I just hope you didn't choke on your popcorn when you read that post :eek:

Actually I was sitting in a tux (!) smoking a Chesterfield (!), laughing out loud thinking "Next cruise, how many chairs CAN I hog???:eek::p:D

Archived