Cigarettes in the duty free shop on Breakaway

mrwilliamt

I sailed on the Gem in May, and for the first time with my experiences on NCL, they did not sell Newport cigarettes. Do they have them for sail on the Breakaway? Just wondering if anyone noticed. Trying to plan on if I should bring, or buy.

I bought Newport 100's soft pack cartons on the Breakaway. They were $47.00 a carton I think.

Great info, thanks.

I was so bummed out when they didn't have them. I asked the Russian guy who works there if they had any in the back or something, he said no. I then asked him "can you get them?" His reply in his strong Russian accent "where do you suppose I would get them from?" Lol, good answer!

Newport were the most expensive cigarette in the store. I have noticed on most cruises out of NYC they are the priciest (i.e. popular)

I did not know that Newports were that popular. When I checked they were one of the "Top Three" with Marlboros being first, Newport second and Camels third.

More worthless info in my brain :). I need my end of October cruise to get here......

It's getting harder to find a place to smoke on board the ship now, what with them getting ready to ban smoking on your balcony. Why not use your vacation as an opportunity to QUIT smoking? You'll have plenty of things to do to keep you occupied, and good food to eat. Your family doesn't want to lose you, and neither does NCL, lol. I don't mean to preach. I'm sure you want to and you hear it enough already. I guess reformed smokers are the worst. We know how hard it is to quit. I wish you luck and a wonderful vacation regardless. :)

• 2 weeks later...
It's getting harder to find a place to smoke on board the ship now, what with them getting ready to ban smoking on your balcony. Why not use your vacation as an opportunity to QUIT smoking? You'll have plenty of things to do to keep you occupied, and good food to eat. Your family doesn't want to lose you, and neither does NCL, lol. I don't mean to preach. I'm sure you want to and you hear it enough already. I guess reformed smokers are the worst. We know how hard it is to quit. I wish you luck and a wonderful vacation regardless. :)

Hey Bob: thanks for the words of wisdom:rolleyes:.

Yes you take then with you after purchase. Please note customs duty is $10.00 per carton above the allotted amount

Does anyone know what the 'allotted amount' is? I purchased 5 cartons on our last cruise, and I was thinking of doubleing or tripeling that on our next cruise. We noted the 5 cartons on our customs form, but that didn't trigger any fees when we returned to the US. I'm guessing there must be some threshold?